It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Member in the Navy has Radiation Poisoning and is being Quarantined on the USS Roosevelt

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by PureET

I'm sorry, but I'm very skeptical of this story. Radiation strong enough to cause those symptoms in that amount of time would have been BIG news by now - there is no way they could keep it secret because people would be dropping like flies.

OP - can you provide anything else to corroborate this story?

I hate to differ but this is just naive what you are saying.

We can expect at least fallout from two reactors which Japan government previously lied about, twice.

Japanese government will lie about almost anything to protect calmness, stability and their precious Honor. Hell I can't blame them for the first two..

But that does mean we need to take a ton of salt with the information they are releasing. Remember that the western media rely on what they hear from Japan.

No one knows what's going on. And the OP of this thread doesn't know it either. He does know that his relative is in the hospital with radiation sickness.

I think you need to think about what you're saying and then reconsider calling ME naive. That amount of radiation would be impossible to cover up. The slight increase in radiation you're seeing in Tokyo right now would instead be causing serious (and immediately obvious) health issues.

How do you know it's NOT? They lost tens of thousands in the tsunami, who's gonna know who died and how? They were downplaying the severity of exposed fuel rods, saying they were trying to dump water on them. That in itself is bunk. Once the rods are exposed, the only thing you can do is run like hell because you're not going to stop it. It's like "letting the cat out of the bag" or a Pandora's Box. Have you ever heard of the China Syndrome? Look it up sometime. Melted fuel rods are like thermite on giga-steroids. They will burn through anything and nothing can stop them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
well i heard on ozzie radio (once) that us warships were picking up high radiation levels well outside the exclusion zone.

then it all went v quiet and i haven't heard it since.

i think the claim is credible.

i'm sure if the levels were v high they would cover it up for as long as possible to avoid a panic in tokyo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bybcous
Hey guys, I joined for the bad info I'm reading in this topic, this whole story is false, I don't want to say who I am but I've been lurking for years, here are some videos to give you a idea of what I do. Dont mind the time stamps on the video, I uploaded from phone
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-3-2011 by bybcous because: spelling errors from phone

Guys I'm generally telling you this story is false, and why would they be sent back to Norfolk, va. When there hospitals closer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Hey guys, I joined for the bad info I'm reading in this topic, this whole story is false, I don't want to say who I am but I've been lurking for years, here are some videos to give you a idea of what I do. Dont mind the time stamps on the video, I uploaded from phone
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Guys I'm generally telling you this story is false, and why would they be sent back to Norfolk, va. When there hospitals closer.
edit on 16-3-2011 by bybcous because: double post, bad connection.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
As soon as i get more info i will definitely post....the only info i was prive to was that he was one of the first responders on a US Naval Ship that happened to be in the vicinity when the tsunami hit. He was literally there as soon as the afterwash swept away. So the conspiracy of radiation is a bunch of BS...it was there all a long. I will definitely keep you guys posted on what i know.

I look forward to it. Your post history doesn't fill me with confidence, however. You've already had one "reptilian" thread moved to the hoax bin, and your other threads are a little "out there"

edit on 15-3-2011 by Curio because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by Curio because: Spelling

It's nice to know that no matter what anyone wants to talk about, we're always being judged. Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but I'm very skeptical of this story. Radiation strong enough to cause those symptoms in that amount of time would have been BIG news by now - there is no way they could keep it secret because people would be dropping like flies.

OP - can you provide anything else to corroborate this story?

I agree with Curio's post. If you have better sources OP--please post.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Anxious to hear updated information so I can be proven wrong as a doubter.

MonkeyWrench?

MonkeyWrench?????

As I stated earlier on. THIS IS BS!

Move it to HOAX. Nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

It would be nice to have more definite evidence either way than 'I'm telling you' The OP is also 'telling us' but actual proof is what people would like rather than just 'trust me I know...'

I don't know anything about the Us Military so I can't refute or back up the initial OP but I'm sure its possible to either prove beyond all doubt that the story is true or false and if you have evidence that the OP is lying then please post the evidence for us all to assess.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
in at least one thread here, there are links to sites that posts the radiation readings....
I'm sure some on ats have been watching those readings, and well, unless the the levels dropped drastically before those links were posted, they could check to see if the levels reach high enough to cause these effects....

then again, it's possible that our medical science is wrong about what kind of level would cause these effects also....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The Seventh fleet is doing a great job, and Monkeywrench is just being a fear-monger of a cry-wolf; his ramblings can only be viewed as a shameful lack of respect for those whom are risking their own health to help others!

There is a sufficient amount of worried people having friends and/or relatives in the area, which do not appreciate this BS'ing!!

"Using sensitive instruments, precautionary measurements of three helicopter aircrews returning to USS Ronald Reagan after conducting disaster relief missions near Sendai identified low levels of radioactivity on 17 air crew members. The low level radioactivity was easily removed from affected personnel by washing with soap and water. They were subsequently surveyed, and no further contamination was detected."
source

"This morning, (monday) sensitive instrumentation on USS George Washington pier-side in Yokosuka detected low levels of radioactivity from the Fukushima plant. While there was no danger to the public, Commander, Naval Forces Japan recommended limited precautionary measures for personnel and their families on Fleet Activities Yokosuka and Naval Air Facility Atsugi, including limiting outdoor activities and securing external ventilation systems as much as practical. These measures are strictly precautionary in nature. We do not expect that any United States Federal radiation exposure limits will be exceeded even if no precautionary measures are taken."
source

Another one from FB:"
From USS Ronald Reagan Commanding Officer:

Family & Friends of USS Ronald Reagan:

I want to take this opportunity to personally assure you that first and foremost all personnel aboard the USS Ronald Reagan are safe and healthy.

During our mission to assist our close allies of Japan, we were operating near the radioactive plume from Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant. As you may have already heard, radioactivity was detected on 17 personnel from our ship, however, we promptly took the proper precautions and the radioactivity was easily removed by using soap and
water. The levels that were detected were very low levels.
To put this into perspective, the maximum radiation dose received was equal to the amount of natural background radiation one would receive in one month from sources such as rocks, soil and the sun.

Ronald Reagan has since repositioned away from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant.

As a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, we have extensive technical expertise onboard to properly monitor such types of risks, and if necessary, rapidly resolve the situation.

We have taken all the necessary precautions to ensure that everyone is safe. We have closely monitored spaces, evaluated everyone who has flown or worked on the flight deck and cleaned the aircraft.

I have not seen any levels of radiation or contamination that would cause me to have any significant concerns at all.

As we continue to assist Japan in this terrible catastrophe, our Sailor's-and your loved ones'-safety will remain at the top of my priority list.

Capt. Thom Burke

"

Here's a link to a press article on military.com
edit on 16-3-2011 by nakiel because: type O

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
These sypmtoms if from radiation poisoning would kill them pretty quickly. Bleeding out of the ears etc I believe are symptoms of serious exposure and death occurs within days. Why would they be quarentined? Its not contageous and I would like to think that they would destroy all the clothing they had on as well or keep it away from everyone.

Some people like attention, look at the OP's post history, not saying its not true but Im guessing that they are getting ovber excited about some rumour. Saying its in extended family is the sorta thing people say when a friend has told them about a friend, but you want to legitimise the story when you tell it so that friends friend becomes a family member.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
In your fist post you mentioned they had been brought back to hospitals in the states near their hometowns.

This was criticised by some posters stating that this is the last thing that would happen.

You immediately then change your story in one of the next posts stating , oh actually, they are still on the ship in quarantine.

I am at a complete loss as to why this isn't in the hoax section already.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
People with that level of exposure usually die within 1-2 weeks. My condolences.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Anytime a story starts with a distant family member and goes something along the lines of my dads,cousin,etc..
Then it's my other distant aunt. Short summary not sure what you are trying to gain by posting a fake non credible post to draw attention to yourself during a tragedy I just don't understand why people do this all the time it's a shame. But as always it makes good entertainment for those that are biting into stories like this if you really think this story is true then you must believe me when I tell you I have a magic sofa that I can fly with in style even had a built in fridge in the center console, you know just in case I get thirsty while flying over the pyramids or the Caribbean.

No story is valid with-ought having concrete facts to support the claim. In this case no factual information has been presented at all. Nothing makes sense with this story the Military would not allow sensitive information to be leaked out like this especially something like this for fear of panic to the public.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Tecnica because: edit

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
I can send e-mails from my iphone from just about anywhere?

From within a room onboard a CVN at sea.... I dont think so!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
These sypmtoms if from radiation poisoning would kill them pretty quickly. Bleeding out of the ears etc I believe are symptoms of serious exposure and death occurs within days. Why would they be quarentined? Its not contageous and I would like to think that they would destroy all the clothing they had on as well or keep it away from everyone.

THere has been some footage coming out of Japan of a small number of people that have been quarentined. This is merely because rasied levels of radiation were found on scans. These people are still dressed and its most lightly its on their clothes or maybe skin. These then need to go through, the cleaning , decon process. They are then tested to see if any of the radiation has been ingested. I know its not contagious but they do always quarentine folks intially

I haven't seen any confirmation of people in the general population suffering severely from the radiation. I'm sure though workers inside the plant may not be in great shape.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I see MonkeyWrench30 was on about 30 minutes ago, yet no updates or posts.

Probably checking in on his troll thread, pants around his ankles, doing what trolls do

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It might be interesting if a Mod were to check to see if this poster & THEDUDE86 are posting from the same IP address.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecnica

Its because it isnt really a distant relative. Its a friend whos told the story, but they know that hearsay from a friend wont be taken seriously on here so they lie and say its a distant family member so if caught out they can pretend that they dont know them that well and so got some info wrong.

Sorry Monkeywrench but this thread wasnt a very good idea, I'd suggest making another account!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
All i know is TPTB dont tell us whats going on. CNN just said that levels of radiation were found on USS washington and its 175 miles away.

You only have to read wikipedia about what happened at Three mile island to see what BS they tell us.

wikipedia

News reporters moved well away from the site due to radiation levels. They are still NOT ALOUD to tell us whats going on, as we all know who controlls the media ! No reporter will risk there job telling us something we are not meant to know, in any case it wouldnt be aired anyway. PLUS CNN and BBC are not showing live reports its on a loop, been watching it for the past three days and still the same stories on it....nothing new, no surprise there !

As for this link.... link

A computer system that forecasts the spread of radioactivity has not been working due to malfunctioning monitoring posts around a troubled nuclear power plant in quake-hit Fukushima Prefecture. The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says it does not know when the system will be back in operation. The system, called SPEEDI, predicts how radioactive substances will spread in case of radiation leakage from nuclear power plants, based on measurements taken at various locations, prevailing winds and other weather conditions.

Havent seen that report on any news !

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join