It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Member in the Navy has Radiation Poisoning and is being Quarantined on the USS Roosevelt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

In short. NO EFFING WAY! 72 hours to cross how many thousands of nautical miles. lol And any likely event like this would have resulted in them being moved to the Japanese mainland or possibly Guam (because of the likely sh#t storm going on in Japan).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
TROLLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON....Thought you oughta know...

I hope.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Why do they do it... Hoax I mean. This topic. This is becoming seriously a sick joke that goes beyond trolling. These are the sort of people who'd ring up a family after hearing an accident on a police scanner and say "HAHA YOUR SON IS DEAD LOL!" and hang up before the police get there to inform them.

SICK.

All I have to say is....

DON'T FEED THE TROLL

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by utsaME

Ok, you and Flyzoid clinched it for me: a sick hoax.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Identity of the ship aside
This is plausible due to the fact that when the wave tore through the nuke plant it likely took radioactive materials with it & scattered them in the surrounding area. Not everything radioactive at a nuke plant sits in a containment dome.
edit on 16-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
Identity of the ship aside
This is plausible due to the fact that when the wave tore through the nuke plant it likely took radioactive materials with it & scattered them in the surrounding area. Not everything radioactive at a nuke plant sits in a containment dome.
edit on 16-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

I don't believe the plant was hit by the tsunami. I had thought that this was all from damage from the earthquake, and it being cut off from power to run the cooling pumps. And from there things just went downhill.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Do a quick search. Generator and pumping were damaged due to tsunami after the reactors "scrammed." -incorrect term used for inflection-

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by utsaME

Do a quick search. Generator and pumping were damaged due to tsunami after the reactors "scrammed." -incorrect term used for inflection-

You may be right...I have looked and I can find no official statement. Closest I found was a report that said that it was suggested that the Generators were damaged by the tsunami...but that's it.

Like I said...I didn't believe it was the tsunami...but it very well may have been.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Persistent little troll, wasn't he?

ATS really attracts them nowadays, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
reply to post by getreadyalready

And its amazing how this site is supposed to be conspiracy, information, knowledge driven yet everyone wants to bash. Absolutely amazing....

Its amazing how i see that exact sentiment made by the OP of every bs thread on this website.

Note: we may be open minded, but we are not here to believe every piece of garbage that comes fine tailored to our conspiracy desires. The very fact that this is a conspiracy website means that we should be extra skeptical to ensure that complete fabrications like these dont draw a big gullible audience.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Sorry, I skipped over that word, "believe." I get what you mean now.

The report I remember was that 11 reactors shut down and there was possible damage due to the tsunami at Daichi and Daini. Later they said Daini had been cooled below 212 degrees and the reactors seemed stable. By the time of first blast I stopped looking at the "why" and more at the data available.

It is entirely possible that the wave had nothing to do with it. But given the proximity to the quake, the head on manner in which the plant would have been struck, and the damage to the surrounding area I think it is likely one of the only true things they have said at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well lets see if OP keeps coming back with new info. If this is true he will be passionate about the family member sick and possibly dying & want to spread news of this "cover up". I was rooting for him; I'm gonna feel real gullible if it turns out to be a hoax. I would just rather consider everything vs dismissing something that could be a useful piece of information. I myself have been wondering just how many are sick/dying due to radiation.. I know it is some and so far I have only heard the "possible 160" number I believe.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Here is an article from the Los Angeles Times. It highlights radiation exposure.

spikes of radiation have escaped from the facility at levels that can be dangerous to human health. Authorities have evacuated more than 170,000 people within 12 miles of the plant and have warned those within 20 miles to stay indoors and close off ventilation systems.

It is an interesting news article.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xxPUSH0Noo

Or maybe he's had enough of everyone questioning his story & figured he'd just leave. That's possible too.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Here is an article from the Los Angeles Times. It highlights radiation exposure.

spikes of radiation have escaped from the facility at levels that can be dangerous to human health. Authorities have evacuated more than 170,000 people within 12 miles of the plant and have warned those within 20 miles to stay indoors and close off ventilation systems.

It is an interesting news article.

Yet they've got 180 people out there trying to clear a road into the plant. Maybe it's not as bad as we think?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

They were the first responders to an area that was within 150 ft of one of the nuclear plants. Some of the infected members on board are experiencing heavy vomiting, some are bleeding from the ears, others have lost weight from ranges of 10lbs to 25lbs in the last few days.

My credentials are advanced NBC warfare school. 32 street Naval Station San Diego, 1972
Civil Defense Radiological Monitoring Instructors courses 1979
Firefighter/EMT WMD training 1998-2008

Nausea and vomiting are usually the main symptoms. The amount of time between exposure to radiation and the onset of the initial symptoms may be an indicator of how much radiation was absorbed,[5] as symptoms appear sooner with higher doses of exposure.[6] The symptoms of radiation sickness become more serious (and the chance of survival decreases) as the dosage of radiation increases. A few symptom-free days may pass between the appearance of the initial symptoms and the onset of symptoms of more severe illness associated with higher doses of radiation. Nausea and vomiting generally occur within 24–48 hours after exposure to mild (1–2 Sv) doses of radiation. Radiation damage to the intestinal tract lining will cause nausea, bloody vomiting and diarrhea. This occurs when the victim's exposure is 200 rems (1 Sv = 100 rems) or more. The radiation will begin to destroy the cells in the body that divide rapidly, including blood, GI tract, reproductive and hair cells, and harm the DNA and RNA of surviving cells. A direct quantitative relationship exists between the degree of the neutropenia that develops after exposure to radiation and the increased risk of developing systemic infection (sepsis). Headache, fatigue, and weakness are also seen with mild exposure.[7] Moderate (2–3.5 Sv of radiation) exposure is associated with nausea and vomiting beginning within 12–24 hours after exposure.[7] In addition to the symptoms of mild exposure, fever, hair loss, infections, bloody vomit and stools, and poor wound healing are seen with moderate exposure. Nausea and vomiting occur in less than 1 hour after exposure to severe (3.5–5.5 Sv) doses of radiation, followed by diarrhea and high fever in addition to the symptoms of lower levels of exposure. Very severe (5.5–8 Sv of radiation[citation needed]) exposure is followed by the onset of nausea and vomiting in less than 30 minutes followed by the appearance of dizziness, disorientation, and low blood pressure in addition to the symptoms of lower levels of exposure. Severe exposure is fatal about 50% of the time. Severe sepsis is the cause of death in most cases.

The concept of cutaneous radiation syndrome (CRS) was introduced in recent years to describe the complex pathological syndrome that results from acute radiation exposure to the skin.[3]

Acute radiation syndrome (ARS) usually will be accompanied by some skin damage. It is also possible to receive a damaging dose to the skin without symptoms of ARS, especially with acute exposures to beta radiation or X-rays. Sometimes this occurs when radioactive materials contaminate skin or clothes.[3]

Air travel

Air travel exposes people on aircraft to increased radiation from space as compared to sea level, including cosmic rays and from solar flare events.[15] Software programs such as Epcard, CARI, SIEVERT, PCAIRE are attempts to simulate exposure by aircrews and passengers.
en.wikipedia.org...

People with Acute radiation exposure are never flown back to the US they are put in a hospital(in this case a hospital ward on the ship) on IVs with antibiotics.

The air flight could be just enough extra exposure to kill them.

Also bleeding for the ears is not something caused by radiation poisoning.
Bleeding from the ears is from the blast affects of a nuclear bomb.
www.google.com... ent=psy&hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS310__310&q=radiation+poisoning+bleeding+from+the+ears&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=radiation+poisoning+bleeding+from+the+ears&pbx=1 &bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f65aa1d3f8dcd1fc

The commanding officer of the USS George Washington would be court martialed for allowing his sailors anywhere near a reactor in trouble without full MOPP Level Alpha gear and radiation detecting equipment.
That is a National Command Authority level decision or commanding officers safety of the ship decision.

Last using the term "infected members" shows that this would not be a nuclear problem
The correct term for a member that had radiation exposure would be "affected members of the crew"
Your "infected" by a bio agent.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Sounds like one of those trolls again to me.... They couldn't have because a heck of a lot more people would be having these same symptoms. Something even MSM would even have to report as well as many others via. web. Plus! you just had ANNED tell you what's up. Troll thread.
edit on 16-3-2011 by benzanato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
While testing for eleveated levels of radioation is what occured, the description of their ailments is something other than nuclear radiation exposure. The levels of radiation needed to cause that severe of a reaction (acute radiation expsoure) would not be possible at their location.

Also, please keep in mind that some of our largest naval vessels (CVN's) are nuclear powered, so they know how to handle problems with radiation problems. The same holds true for some of our subs.

Take a deep breath, wait to see what info comes out so we dont send other people with family over there into an uneeded emotional state.

Wait for more info to come out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TripleSalCal
Wow they really are trying to cover it up. I had my suspicions but if your story is true (which I believe it is) then TPTB are definitely trying to pull to wool over our eyes. I hope the soliders who have to experience it are ok!

As far as it being contagious I don't believe it is, but I don't know for sure.

Little do people know that they tried this same watered down version of the level of contingency back with the Chernobyl disaster. They just don't want people rioting or even leaving. I am guessing they want to take people by surprise....population control again. They lied during Chernobyl and they lie about everything else like Fanny Mae and Freddy Mack...(hell they even lured people into that investment)...what's to keep them from lying about this now? Nothing. They benefit from keeping the lid on it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hey guys, I joined for the bad info I'm reading in this topic, this whole story is false, I don't want to say who I am but I've been lurking for years, here are some videos to give you a idea of what I do. Dont mind the time stamps on the video, I uploaded from phone
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-3-2011 by bybcous because: spelling errors from phone

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join