It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Member in the Navy has Radiation Poisoning and is being Quarantined on the USS Roosevelt

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
A cousin within my extended family was on a US Naval Ship that entered into the mess in Japan to help save people who were stranded from the tsunami and clear out some of the initial debris. Him a long with 30 others were sent home almost immediately because of an instant illness that has caused them to continuously vomit, have blood coming out of their ears, and he has lost 25lbs in a matter of days. They were all diagnosed with radiation poisoning and are back in the states in hospitals near their hometowns.

Okay...I'm trying to be logical and sensitive to this post because I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I'm afraid you may have totally stepped in your own poop, let me explain...

The above quote clearly IMPLIES that these men were in direct contact with the radiation source, which is impossible unless they actually went to the reactor complex...period. The description you gave for the symptoms is right out of a nuclear test lab report. The severity you are describing does not match up with what we know as fact, sorry! I knew this was bull as soon as you clearly stated that they are in the states now because unless they magically appeared here, the title of the post says they are quarantined on the ship, which is still in Japanese waters at the least because it was in dock on the 15th and detected low levels of radiation while getting repairs. They would NEVER let them off the ship because radiation poisoning can be spread until the sick person is decontaminated, which the level you are describing is reminiscent of that dude in France that was killed by radioactive poisoning a couple 5 years back or so...They literally traced him from his house to the place he was poisoned by following the trail of radiation he left...Now...would you like to reword and maybe recant some of your previous claims.

While I'm here...

I've been watching some of the posts on here for the last couple of days and some of you really have no sense of self worth. I think some of you get wind of this kind of stuff and the next thing you know we have like five or sic threads that are all the same and claiming the exact same thing but slightly different. It never seems to amaze me of the level of ridiculousness some of you will perpetrate for some attention from people you generally don't know very well...FOOLS

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lifespath420

WOW! Took the words right out of my mouth!

Line 2 is for the troll to get confused and wonder back to his cave while walking on his hands!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is pretty sad. If this is indeed proven to be a hoax, not just false, a deliberate hoax, I personally think he poster should be banned. We don't need this kind of stuff here.

I think people have done a great job pointing out discrepancies and false statements in this thread. Not one ounce of this story holds weight with me.

Quarantined is some random room in the ship? Yes, that's exactly how they deal with radioactive contamination, they don't decontaminate, no, they herd you through the ship and stuff you in a room as you spread radiation, that makes sense.

Also they wouldn't go to the nearest navy hospital / ship for medical treatment, they'd stuff you in a hole and send you back to the US.

Oh, and they'd totally leave internet connected PCs lying around in the ship. Oh and they totally don't monitor the email server at all, unlike every school, office, library, nope, the navy just lets you email whatever the heck you want, even when under lock down and a media blackout.

The ship name was the key, first Roosevelt. Them someone said hey wait, it can't be. So then it's the other Roosevelt, which it can't possibly be, so then it becomes the George Washington, after you read, and linked, and linked, and linked, and linked, the CNN article mentioning just that ship.

Then you state they came in direct contact. Impossible. NO US personnel on the ground when you are saying they were.

Then you quote symptoms, right out of a wiki article, which would only be possible with direct, prolonged high dose radiation, which there is absolutely no evidence of at this point.

I'm personally calling bunk, either you are being hoaxed or you are hoaxing, but that's just my opinion based on the items I just outlined. At the very least, can you see why people are skeptical of the claims?

This happens with every event and usually you can pick it out quickly by checking the posters history.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Interesting....but of course there are plenty of other sites one can post video too. I'd imagine that your average under 30 something soldier probably knows the Internet inside and out. (not that you have to be an expert to find any number of video sites on the net)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
No question that the Japanese government is lying and will lie about the amount of radiation released by their damaged reactors. Its all about saving face and keeping everyone calm.
Most importantly - how much money do you think Americans will give to a country who poisons US with their radioactivity?????
Monkey, I believe your post is accurate. Keep us updated. The truth is out there.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think this obvious hoax is disrespectful not only to our Military and the general Japanese people...but most especially to those handful of technicians who have chosen to stay AT THE PLANTS to try to stop the problem, while others have fled.(quite possibly sacrificing their lives for the greater good of their people) If a U.S. ship miles away can generate such severe illnesses, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE to work within these places. They would be dead within minutes!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I see obviously this thread has created quite a buzz.....my cousin is indeed where i say he is in Japan, I have not yet received any updates but i know that my Uncle has repeatedly contacted the place where he was stationed before he left the states and has received several conflicting reports from various sources there. To me this is a huge conspiracy that our government is covering up. There are numerous articles that have come out since i started this thread and broke the story yesterday before any of the articles that are out now which support my claim....maybe not specifically down to my cousin but supporting the fact that US aide crews on board these ships as well as other members are definitely in serious potential for radiation exposure. However, i know my cousin has experienced this and to all of the doubters what id like to say is this.....Im sure there will be a time whether here on ATS, in your own social or personal life where an issue happens with family and Karma will bite you in the &%$ for competing with me on this issue when it comes to MY family. Someone wont believe you, will question you, and call you out for bs. I say good luck to you.
As most of you family oriented people know when a major issue like this happens within your immediate family relatives fly off the handle, jumble up information and the various characters in your family put their own spin on the story. My initial mistakes on the story are due to just that...getting information from close and distant relatives involved in this story and being so excited i didnt organize and put it into a fully professional manner. I joined ATS for the fact that it seemed like a free forum to exchange information, certain knowledge, talk conspiracy, and potentially make a few online acquaintances in the process. I however didnt know that apparently there have been so many people on here who have abused this system before that everyone will jump down your throat even when its a family related issue.

Like i said before as i get my own proof i will be sharing on this topic and as i find it online i will definitely be posting it on here as well. Happy ATSing....

www.bloomberg.com...

newsfeed.time.com...

news.discovery.com...

edit on 16-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
This is pretty sad. If this is indeed proven to be a hoax, not just false, a deliberate hoax, I personally think he poster should be banned. We don't need this kind of stuff here.

Spot on phishy.

I understand that the military does not have a good history of providing full information in regards to things of this nature, but the story has been too convoluted. My biggest questions is, shouldn't "Uncle Bob" know what ship is son is serving on? And if he was told the wrong ship, why did he accept that?

Since the OP has not posted since yesterday, my fear now is he is waiting a few days so he can post that 'the deniers here are sick people' and 'his cousin died from exposure'. That is usually how these things go.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Here's my take on the story from a military perspective. One the Roosevelt is not near Japan as stated. Two no aircraft landed within 150 feet of the plants as stated. They have delivered supplies to needy people, no one around plants. The emergency supplies to nuke plants are coming by airforce from states as the navy ships were already at sea. Finally as someone trained in CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiation, nuclear, explosive) response, the doses that would lead to those symptoms would cause a pilot to lose the ability to accurately fly the helo without crashing, especially landing on a moving, pitching flight deck of a ship

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
I see obviously this thread has created quite a buzz.....my cousin is indeed where i say he is in Japan, I have not yet received any updates but

But Wait!???

A cousin within my extended family was on a US Naval Ship that entered into the mess in Japan to help save people who were stranded from the tsunami and clear out some of the initial debris. Him a long with 30 others were sent home almost immediately because of an instant illness that has caused them to

trip. stumble. fail.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
OP...you have been made, please just stop making a fool of yourself. You haven't gotten a single bit of information right and I highly doubt that some random redneck from NC has the scoop on anything aside from a bowl of butter pecan ice cream, much less what is actually going on in Japan. Read what I'm typing, more than once if need be, no US military personnel where near the plants at the time of the EQ. The only ship even close to the plants was the USS George Washington and that was at a dock for repairs...The ship was moved when LOW levels of Radiation were detected and since has moved. Some helicopter crews were contaminated during drops but the contamination levels were very low and a simple rinse procedure was adequate in dealing with the issue.

You need to understand that some of us on here are highly educated free thinkers and extremely knowledgeable about these things as well as great BS detectors. The level of radiation you are describing cannot be covered up. We see your angle, we get it...you would like to perpetrate that the US and Japanese Government are up to so serious stuff and are COVERING UP the truth...but in this case you are just wrong based on simple well known facts. If you spent more time researching these things and less time being an attention whore troll you'd realize you sound like a stupid hill-billy.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I look forward to hearing your updates. I believe you. I don't see any other reason for you to post a half-baked story. It absolutely sounds like many of the real, confused, stories that we see coming out of a disaster like this.

On 9/11, if someone had posted that they saw flight 93 shot down, the skeptics would be all over that, too.

In a situation like this, the media (ALL media) gets things twisted and inaccurate information creeps out. It happens ALL the time. Some people here are just so skeptical that unless you have pictures that you can prove are unaltered, they won't believe what you're saying. I wouldn't try to convince anyone any longer. Just bring any new information you have to this thread. I will be watching for your updates.

I believe your story. I have read through the thread (unlike some others, obviously) and while I may be wrong and falling for a HOAX, at this time, I'm going to believe what you are saying. I'm very sorry about your cousin.
edit on 3/16/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Posted right before you posted today.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
I think this obvious hoax is disrespectful not only to our Military and the general Japanese people...but most especially to those handful of technicians who have chosen to stay AT THE PLANTS to try to stop the problem, while others have fled.(quite possibly sacrificing their lives for the greater good of their people) If a U.S. ship miles away can generate such severe illnesses, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE to work within these places. They would be dead within minutes!

The supposed contamination didn't allegedly happen on the ship but on land not long after the tsunami. There are holes in his story but the premise is plausible in that a wave making it's way through a nuclear facility could very well carry with it radioactive material & disperse said material elsewhere. If someone were to come in contact with that material they could receive high doses of radiation. I'm not talking about airborne radiation from the damaged cores but radioactive objects. In a scenario such as the one I just laid out, it is conceivable someone could develop severe symptoms.

That said, I've no clue if we had people on the ground immediately following the tsunami or not, I've read almost nothing about what exactly out military is doing there.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JustJoe

First of all this isnt the place to get personal. The fact that you throw around stereotypes and insults only makes you look like the ignorant one. And if you want to talk about credentials and intellect I am not originally from Charlotte, NC...i grew up 30 minutes outside of Washington,DC where plenty of the most intelligent people in the world live.......Oh and i hold a Bachelors as well as Masters Degree in Sports Medicine. So before you go assuming anything i would make sure you get your facts straight on who is posting and who is educated. Because by jumping the gun and assuming im some random redneck from NC shows you obviously have no insight on what real intellect is. If you knew anything about Charlotte, NC you would also know that it is the 2nd largest banking city in the country next to New York and contains some of the wealthiest and smartest individuals this country has in respect to business, politics, and entrepreneurship.

So please dont attack myself or anyone else on this site....like you said this is a freethinking and information sharing site....so why contradict what you preach with your actions?

Like i said i will continue to give updates as i get them and monitor this thread. I have a life outside of ATS so i cannot be on here 24/7 but believe me i will be keeping tabs on what happens in this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
well it seems every one who jumped up and said that the op lying about his cousin. might offer a apology.

With more aid for victims on the way, the U.S. Navy said it was redirecting three ships to work in the Sea of Japan on the country's west coast rather than risk the hazards of radiation and the debris field in the waters off the east coast. Sensitive air monitoring equipment on the aircraft carrier USS George Washington detected low levels of radioactivity from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant as the carrier sat pier-side at Yokosuka, south of Tokyo, Cmdr. Jeff Davis, a spokesman for the U.S. 7th Fleet, said Tuesday. Davis said that while there was no danger to the public from the radiation levels, the commander recommended as a precaution that military personnel and their families at the two bases, Yokosuka and Naval Air Facility Atsugi, limit their outdoor activities and seal ventilation systems. The Navy said Monday that radiation was detected by another carrier, the USS Ronald Reagan, and that 17 helicopter crew members had to be decontaminated after returning from search and rescue duty. The Navy said more crews were exposed to very low levels of radiation Tuesday and had to be decontaminated.

here's just one story,
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/14/ap/national/main20042875.shtml

i know that at least one of the post that said they don't send carriers

You don't use carriers to help with debris.

well there's the proof in black and white they do, one was already there the other, sent a 17 helicopter crew that had to be decontaminated, after their return.

the op might have facts mixed, seeing how it's his cousin, not his brother, sister, mother, or father, that could be understandable. i know that from time to time there is miss communication, between my relatives.

and every one knows that the military never gives out complete information, and a matter of fact the military is known for playing their cards close to the vest.
edit on 16-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: fix link

edit on 16-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We can all say we don't believe this story is a professional manner that follows the T&C, there's absolutely no need to make this personal.

This story could very well be true, but the facts presented have proven to be anything but and a story that keeps changing just doesn't hold much weight.

Yes, the story does ring like many stories coming out of disasters unfolding. The problem is, certain facts simply aren't true.

someone brought up flight 93 and if people saw it shot down we wouldn't believe them. BS. The difference would be if they started saying stuff like flight 93 was tailed by 2 russian migs that shot it down over Alaska.

There's no debating something happened to flight 93, but we can easily show it was no where near Alaska, and no Russia migs intercepted it.

This is the case here, Roosevelt wasn't there so it became the other roosevelt, which it wasn't, so it became the George Washington, which it wasn't. The men were physically in contact with radioactive material, which they weren't, they were apparently at the same time, sent home, and sent to a room on the ship and locked away, WITH unrestricted internet access.

The email alone makes the entire thing laughable as if they are keeping a media blackout of this, which they obviously have to be if it's true, they'd either disable all outbound email for soldiers, or restrict the email for the people involved. If you think for a second a military network is unmonitored and unsecured, specifically one on a ship, you're fooling yourself.

All of that aside, I really hope you are being hoaxed, because I'd feel quite sick if you made this up yourself, and equally sick if your relative is indeed dying of radiation exposure, and going from the detailed symptoms, dying is exactly the correct term.

Regardless, there's no reason to turn this into a bickering match.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Well guess what, detecting radiation off the coast is a far cry from sending troops in on the ground getting instant and deadly levels of radiation, which is the claim made by the OP, and it only became the Washington after we proved that neither Roosevelt was there.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
dont hoaxers typically ditch the thread at some point? usually after first page/post?

here we have responder and you people are running them off, and for what.

you turbo skeptics WANT everthing to be a hoax, moreso than the nutjobs want everything to be real..

if this is fake, and the poster continues updating the thread as it develops, the situation will prove itself false or true with no discernment required on your part.

the poster hasnt abondond the thread, therefor the jury is still out.

you will know when the fat lady sings by either absolute proof being presented, or the op leaving for inability to provide said proof in a reasonable amount of time according to the situation.

beggers cant be choosers, and this also applys to people demanding proof

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I look forward to hearing your updates. I believe you. I don't see any other reason for you to post a half-baked story.

This is why...

Originally posted by Monkeywrench
I see obviously this thread has created quite a buzz.....

The same reason people fabricate stories about demons, and aliens, and BEK's, and on and on... Because for whatever unfathomable reason to most of the rest of us they get their kicks off of it. I think at the end of the day it is identical to that impulse that causes children to kick ant hills.

If I'm wrong, I will apologize to him, but I don't tell someone they are full of crap unless I am very, very sure, and this guy... this story... I'm 99% percent sure is complete B.S.

He is very inconsistent, but it is true that this could be explained by the garbled, panicked accounts of worried family members. However, his story conveniently changes as soon as any one pokes a hole in it. He's running around trying to put out the fires that people are starting when they find something doesn't check out. He doesn't change anything until someone proves him wrong, and then he changes his account to compensate.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join