It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Member in the Navy has Radiation Poisoning and is being Quarantined on the USS Roosevelt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A cousin within my extended family was on a US Naval Ship that entered into the mess in Japan to help save people who were stranded from the tsunami and clear out some of the initial debris. Him a long with 30 others were sent home almost immediately because of an instant illness that has caused them to continuously vomit, have blood coming out of their ears, and he has lost 25lbs in a matter of days. They were all diagnosed with radiation poisoning and are back in the states in hospitals near their hometowns.

I dont know what else to make of this but the reports that radiation may or may not have been an issue right away in Japan were definitely false. Given the fact that my family member was one of the first responders to the scene it was obviously present from the beginning. I also want to reach out and ask if radiation poisoning is contagious or is it something that can be contained with the right treatment? I know he is in the hospital now but i have not received an update on him since this morning. Your feedback will be appreciated.

* Please check at a posting below for an UPDATE.

edit on 15-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: Updated information

edit on 15-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: changed the ship because im getting information in piece by piece from family. I have also inserted a link within the thread that talks about this on CNN

UPDATE
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Wed Mar 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: TITLE CHANGGE TO CORRECT SHIP AND ADD UPDATE

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

That level of radiation poisoning is not possible with what they are reporting, especially at the distances a naval ship would be operating. I am not saying you are lying, but I am saying somebody is lying. Either the official reports are extremely conservative or flat out false, or your family member is sick from something else.

Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
He will go through a long decon process long before he hits US soil. As long as the radioactive dust is cleaned off of him he can't give radiation poisoning to another. It's not contagious.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The word that i got is they were physically in contact with people who were on or near the nuclear plants, physically were touching materials that had been contaminated and were within close enough quarters that the smell burned their nose hairs clean out of their noses. I would think thats pretty close when it comes to being near radiation. And prior to this ordeal he has never had a health issue in his entire life...in fact he is a former college football player that has kept himself in shape throughout the years.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If they have those type of symptoms its usually due to intense radiation exposure, happened on a Russian Submarine, you'd have to be pretty damn close or maybe its a lot worse than we think

My best wishes to those 30 members brought back.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow they really are trying to cover it up. I had my suspicions but if your story is true (which I believe it is) then TPTB are definitely trying to pull to wool over our eyes. I hope the soliders who have to experience it are ok!

As far as it being contagious I don't believe it is, but I don't know for sure.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The government will lie to keep the population from panicking more that is already panicked, that is why I said already that a portion of Japan will be rendered a waste nuclear land, more people will die and is not going to be from hunger but from the radiation.

So sad.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

any info on his unit? or other info that we can start digging?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm very skeptical of this story. Radiation strong enough to cause those symptoms in that amount of time would have been BIG news by now - there is no way they could keep it secret because people would be dropping like flies.

OP - can you provide anything else to corroborate this story?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As soon as i get more info i will definitely post....the only info i was prive to was that he was one of the first responders on a US Naval Ship that happened to be in the vicinity when the tsunami hit. He was literally there as soon as the afterwash swept away. So the conspiracy of radiation is a bunch of BS...it was there all a long. I will definitely keep you guys posted on what i know.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Smells fishy to me. If a group of 30 otherwise health individuals displayed those kinds of acute radiation poisoning symptoms, half of the would be dead within 48 hours and the other half within a week.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
As soon as i get more info i will definitely post....the only info i was prive to was that he was one of the first responders on a US Naval Ship that happened to be in the vicinity when the tsunami hit. He was literally there as soon as the afterwash swept away. So the conspiracy of radiation is a bunch of BS...it was there all a long. I will definitely keep you guys posted on what i know.

I look forward to it. Your post history doesn't fill me with confidence, however. You've already had one "reptilian" thread moved to the hoax bin, and your other threads are a little "out there"

edit on 15-3-2011 by Curio because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by Curio because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What kind of ship was your relative on, please? If you had the name of his ship, that would be even more helpful. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

That level of radiation poisoning is not possible with what they are reporting, especially at the distances a naval ship would be operating. I am not saying you are lying, but I am saying somebody is lying. Either the official reports are extremely conservative or flat out false, or your family member is sick from something else.

Time will tell.

It means a massive cover up from the officials from the beginning with the situation probably closer to a level 5 at the start to the disasters.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I'm sorry, but I'm very skeptical of this story. Radiation strong enough to cause those symptoms in that amount of time would have been BIG news by now - there is no way they could keep it secret because people would be dropping like flies.

I hate to differ but this is just naive what you are saying.

We can expect at least fallout from two reactors which Japan government previously lied about, twice.

Japanese government will lie about almost anything to protect calmness, stability and their precious Honor. Hell I can't blame them for the first two..

But that does mean we need to take a ton of salt with the information they are releasing. Remember that the western media rely on what they hear from Japan.

No one knows what's going on. And the OP of this thread doesn't know it either. He does know that his relative is in the hospital with radiation sickness.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ok i have an update and this is definitely going to blow you guys away.....it also changes the title to my thread a little too.

I just spoke with my Uncle Bob (my cousins father) and here is what i have found out and is the story that was relayed to my Uncle via email from my cousin.

- He is on the USS Roosevelt and is actually being quarantined with almost 30 other people in one part of the ship. They were the first responders to an area that was within 150 ft of one of the nuclear plants. Some of the infected members on board are experiencing heavy vomiting, some are bleeding from the ears, others have lost weight from ranges of 10lbs to 25lbs in the last few days. When asked if he was going to be sent anywhere or taken to a medical facility the response my uncle got was " We were told to remain in this room and when they are ready to do something with us they will let us know".

I apologize that my initial thread title and some info was off but i had just received an initial phone call from my Aunt Marcia (Uncle Bobs sister) and she was freaking out. If i can get anymore information as it comes in i will let you know.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My nostrils are tingling too........ as I can smell BS.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET

Originally posted by Curio

I hate to differ but this is just naive what you are saying.

We can expect at least fallout from two reactors which Japan government previously lied about, twice.

Japanese government will lie about almost anything to protect calmness, stability and their precious Honor. Hell I can't blame them for the first two..

But that does mean we need to take a ton of salt with the information they are releasing. Remember that the western media rely on what they hear from Japan.

No one knows what's going on. And the OP of this thread doesn't know it either. He does know that his relative is in the hospital with radiation sickness.

I think you need to think about what you're saying and then reconsider calling ME naive. That amount of radiation would be impossible to cover up. The slight increase in radiation you're seeing in Tokyo right now would instead be causing serious (and immediately obvious) health issues.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So, how is your uncle Bob communicating with his son(?) if he is locked up in a ship under quarantine?

*edited - sorry I missed the email bit in your earlier post. Still sounds a little dodgy to me - if they are under quarantine and there is an effort to suppress information, then it's pretty easy to stop email...
edit on 15-3-2011 by Snappahead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Governments are great at covering up on the initial stages. But as you can see no the news people are trying to leave the country for a reason and that is because its unsafe and unhealthy to be amongst that much radiation. If their citizens are being scanned by radiation monitors as a deciding factor as to whether they are allowed to leave the country or not that means that radiation levels are pretty damn high because they are essentially quarantining their own borders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join