It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide pilot has rammed Gaddafi's headquarters BBC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nothing on Al Jazeera English or Russia Today

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

I find it great in the sense that someone traded his life to save thousands more but if you look at it in another way it is no different than the attack on the twin towers in the essence of killing people because they think they are a threat to the attacker or someone else (religious or personal). I DO NOT condone anything that happened at 9/11 nor sypathize with the attackers but I find it strange that people condemn the 9/11 atrocity and not the airplane attack on quadaffi or however you spell his name. Surely some innocent person lost their life during this suicide plane crash and how is that any different than 5000 other innocent people that died in 9/11? One innocent life is just as valuable as a million innocent lives in my book. If the dude that flew the plane and could without a doubt kill the leader of that country in one fell swoop and not kill any innocent people in the action..... then go for it if it is a certain undeniable fact that qadaffi will be killed and not having collateral damage/ killing innocent others. I am not defending anybody in this case but just be sure you are pulling a righteous trigger and not one of fear. If quadaffi is guilty then what are the people waiting for?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well the reporter could well have been given the wrong info and I was surprised that the news reader lady didn't quiz him. However he definitely said that something important has happened in Tripoli possibly involving a suicide Libyan pilot and that he thought it would be announced soon ( minutes was mentioned) Surely I am not there only viewer.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This on twitter.

Jet fighter pilot who crashed into Bab Azizia, Gaddafi's secure compound in Tripoli is confirmed, huge fire erupting #Libya #Feb17

link   
You sure this isn't what you heard?

www.ynetnews.com...

An opposition Libyan news website reported on Tuesday that rebels flying a MiG 23 warplane and a helicopter sank two pro-Gaddafi warships off the eastern coast near the town of Adjabiyah.

The Brnieq online newspaper quoted an unnamed air force officer at the Benina airbase in Benghazi as saying the two aircraft also bombed an unspecified number of tanks near Brega and Ajdabiya, two towns that fell to pro-Gaddafi forces on Tuesday. (Reuters)

edit on 023131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Maybe the only only viewer who is an ATS member?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow, talk about defense, You would think that these places like the pentagon or this guys HQ would have some deferent against an airborne attack.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I tried to GOOGLE it and seen it. I thought here it is. Then I looked at the address. It was this thread. Agh

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
BBC World service.
20:00 GMT News report.
No mention.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
This on twitter.

Jet fighter pilot who crashed into Bab Azizia, Gaddafi's secure compound in Tripoli is confirmed, huge fire erupting #Libya #Feb17

Thanks not sure why it listed as Feb17 twitter.com...

#
# Jet fighter pilot who crashed into Bab Azizia, Gaddafi's secure compound in Tripoli is confirmed, huge fire erupting #Libya #Feb17 about 1 hour ago via web

# ربي ينصرنا انشالله #Libya #Feb17 #gaddaficrimes about 1 hour ago via web

# All sorts of news coming from Tripoli, please try not to tweet at this moment as situation is critical #Libya #Feb17 about 1 hour ago via web

# Earlier tweet regarding the bombing of Gardabiyah airbase in Sirte bombed by the Free Libyan Air Force is now confirmed #Libya #Feb17
Al Manara media reports a fighter jet has crashed into Bab Azizia (gaddafi's compound in Tripoli) we can not confirm this yet #libya #Feb17 about 1 hour ago via web

edit on 15-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Wasn't Feb 17 their 'day of rage'?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is the Libyan Youth Movement face book page www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The reporter is on News 24 right now .No mention yet ( bald guy with glasses) John Lyon ( i think) he made no mention of the suicide pilot this time so I would presume it was a false info he was given possibly coming from twitter and the Libyan Youth Movement.
edit on 15-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
From facebook www.facebook.com...

Anne Matthew
Reading online about the huge fire that erupted inside Bab Al-Ziziyah, Gaddafi's stronghold, due to a fighter jet from the defected Free Libyan Airforce used to crash into the compound. Suddenly thinking about the pilot...if this is confirmed news and it was a martyr mission, hoping against hope that he's alive...wherever you are, I love you and you deserve to live. Praying for you. You brought hope to those on the ground, please be alive.
37 minutes ago · View Feedback (19)Hide Feedback (19)

10 people like this.
o
o
Glenn Fox
So far, facebook is the only source I've seen carrying any of the information about the attack on the naval ships, aquisition of fighter jets, and the plane crash in the compound.
All other media sources just carrying last reports of pro gad...dafi advance. Could someone advise on the sources of the reports ?See More
4 minutes ago
o
Timo Gambke well said anne. i hope he`s still alive but the chances are very small. looks like he wanted to be a martyr for the people and freedom and thats a decision only few are strong enough to take.

So do we now have a attack on naval ships, with acquisition of fighter jets that are being used against the Colonel Gaddafi regime ??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
More interesting ( if true) revelations coming out on that face book page.www.facebook.com...

#
Felix Rauch
Any international media-proved news about the crashed jet? Please give links. Otherwise some people might think the rebels start to tell stories the same way as Gaddafi does.
32 minutes ago · View Feedback (3)Hide Feedback (3)

o
Mader Levap This is exactly my concern. This is why I want independent verification.
29 minutes ago · 1 persing...
o
Yazzy Al Almanara media
14 minutes ago
o
Cris Aldea ff informed AJE in ajbadiya they have also use warplanes to bombed kadafy forces
8 minutes ago

#
Steven Jeakins

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
found this.

On March 15, pro-Gaddafi troops attacked Ajdabiya.[241] Reuters announced that civilians and rebels were massively retreating from Ajdabiya, giving up their position, which was confirmed by a journalist from Le Monde. Soon after, the official Libyan television announced that the forces of Gaddafi were in full control of Ajdabiya.[242] Several sources[97] reported that the opposition's air force has destroyed and sunk two Gaddafi warships and hit a third, off the coast of Ajdabiya and Benghazi. The previously unknown "Free Libyan Air Force" should have attacked the ships with MiG-23s and helicopters. Al Gurdabiyya air base near Sirte and three military convoys are also attacked by the Free Libyan Air Force. Details and reliability of these reports are unknown.[97] The Associated Press said the rebels sent "two antiquated warplanes" out of a small number they control which struck a Libyan government warship bombarding Ajddabiya.[243] In the meantime, the oil town of Brega was reclaimed by pro-Gaddafi forces. [244] Google maps show that the desert breaks away to farmland and trees near Benghazi, and the rebel tactics may have changed to withdraw into terrain that’s better suited to a lightly equipped rebel force where they could try to simply bleed the regime dry. [245] By that evening, there were conflicting reports that rebel forces in Ajdabiya had eather retreated from the city or there were still some fighting. However, it was confirmed that loyalist forces had entered the city centre earlier in the day.[246] Al Jazeera estimated that Khalifa Belqasim Haftar, a former Gaddafi colonel who recently joined the rebel army, has 8,000 men in his disposal and heavy weapons to defend Benghazi.[247]

from this wiki. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

nothing suicide pilot crashing onto headquaters.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Gadaffi is currently on live T.V so unfortunately the story is incorrect.

It seems like the rebels have employed spin doctors just the same as Gadaffi. Hang on they may be defected spin doctors.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Sorry I was out earlier but can confirm the BBC report did indeed mention there was excited talk in the city that a suicide pilot had flown into Gaddafis HQ.

Looks like a false alarm.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I've been monitoring the news for the past few hours. I see no such evidence of an attack.
This is the most recent news from Libya. It was posted an hour ago as of now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi

Sorry I was out earlier but can confirm the BBC report did indeed mention there was excited talk in the city that a suicide pilot had flown into Gaddafis HQ.

Looks like a false alarm.

Thanks for that, I imagine he may of got a rap over the knuckles for saying it live on air when there was no proof to back it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join