It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the predictions believers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ok... This has been bothering the HELL out of me so I'm going to ask...

March 15th
March 21st
May 45th
WHATEVER

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD ON THIS DATE!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!

So what about the people who are in a different time zone? Does that mean that the prediction is good for 48 hours? I'm in EST, and it's currently 2 in the afternoon on a Tuesday, in Guam it's already been Tuesday... in fact it's wednesday, and 4 in the morning... A FULL DAY AHEAD...

So if the world will end, let's say... oh... tomorrow... Well it's already tomorrow somewhere else, and for them we are yesterday...

So? Who's got the right time? Actually, most importantly...[sarcasm] Who's going to die first? [/sarcasm]

Magnum

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ha! What's funny is I was asking myself that very question just yesterday. I have seen/heard/read all the hype. I'm on the east coast of the USA as well, and still nada.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
From our point of view in South Africa, we see places in Oceania like Fiji and then Sydney on TV celebrating New Years almost a day before we celebrate. So, taking New Years as a standard, if the whole world is affected from a sun-directed focus, then the Kiwis and Aussies fry first.
We'll have extra hours to repent or get wasted - maybe both.
I suppose it always depends where it starts, doesn't it?
If it's a comet, or something that causes a crater, and a land and sea tsunami, it would fan out fairly equally, and it depends how high you are (literally, and perhaps figuratively).
Good question, but depends on the scenario.

If it falls on top of us we go first.
edit on 15-3-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
not one prophecy says the world will end on either of those dates.
they only state that we will face a severly cataclysmic event.
not dooms day.

[sarcasm]do some homework[/sarcasm]

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you would relate the predictions to type of memory of the Future then where-ever it will be announced first that the world is ending today will be the date exactly... and also one more thing the End of the World is not in one single day it's gonna have a beginning and an end to it. So to make things clear some predictions might be memories of the future but there are millions of people around the world, who all have free will and might just change something, not big but as small as moving a finger, like the click of a button and it might alter the future. So in turn avoiding the end on that day...

But all this said and done, the world is still in the path of total destruction, and the ultimate truth would be that eventually it is going to end one way or another.

like to give you and example of the End of the World feeling for the Japanese would be 11th of March. Thus if there was a prediction made for this it would be said that it was to happen on the 11th, even if on the other side of the world it is still 10th...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OP, do you mean like the May 21st Rapture date? Because then your question makes sense to me, and I would love to have an answer from that group. At least we in America would have a heads up right? People would be disappearing elsewhere before us?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thousandfathomsdeep
not one prophecy says the world will end on either of those dates.
they only state that we will face a severly cataclysmic event.
not dooms day.

[sarcasm]do some homework[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm] have you read the predictions and prophecies forum lately? [/sarcasm]

the forum is full of people claiming the end of the world on various dates... every week it's a new date and our "meeting with fate" is pushed forward like a college paper who's due date keeps getting extended... the teacher knows it ain't coming...

now that being said... the "cataclysmic event" will happen, or start happening, on a specific day right? if you were to "prophetize" (I invented that word) the date, you would automatically be wrong because on one side it's one day and on the other it's another day.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

whether it's the may 21st guys, the december 2012 guys, any prediction on specific dates is automatically wrong... there's always somewhere that os ahead, another that is behind...

IE: Prediction for March 17th (random date)

If it happens on the 17th EST, in Australia it would be the 18th and they would be saying: "Hey! That was supposed to happen yesterday according to this person's prediction! This guy was wrong"

If it happens according to the Australian 17th, here in the EST (still being the 16th) we'd be saying "well damn this thing happened early! I wasn't ready, they told us it would happen tomorrow!"

edit on 11/3/15 by Magnum007 because: add example

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
[sarcasm] have you read the predictions and prophecies forum lately? [/sarcasm]

the forum is full of people claiming the end of the world on various dates... every week it's a new date and our "meeting with fate" is pushed forward like a college paper who's due date keeps getting extended... the teacher knows it ain't coming...

now that being said... the "cataclysmic event" will happen, or start happening, on a specific day right? if you were to "prophetize" (I invented that word) the date, you would automatically be wrong because on one side it's one day and on the other it's another day.

first of all, no sh*t. there are different time zones on the planet, congratulations for noticing that. second,it is obviously pretty damn impossible to predict something that is going to happen on the EXACT date. if the predictions said march 15, and japan got smashed on the 11th? thats close enough for me.
AND have you taken a look at whats going on in the world today? or did you just find all this out like the time zones?

1- birds are dropping dead mid flight.
2-millions of anchovies wash up on shores dead
3-hundreds of other species of fish wash up dead
4- japan's quakes, tsunamis and now the nucluar power plant is on the verge on a serious meltdown
5-other quakes that happened recently
6-people all over the middle east are revolting against their government starting with egypt, its spreading like the plague.
7-the obvious pole shifts that happened

i have PLENTY more things to add to the list but i dont feel its neccasary.
if you can read all those things and continue to say that everything is okay and this all a huge hoax? then obviously you need to step outside your bubble you live in and realize wtf is going on.

-tyson

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

point one - if its the end of the world and we are all dead - who cares and who will record the date of our demise

point two [ being serious ] there is a precedent for accepting that the date / time at ' ground zero ' is the official timeline

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
IE: Prediction for March 17th (random date)

If it happens on the 17th EST, in Australia it would be the 18th and they would be saying: "Hey! That was supposed to happen yesterday according to this person's prediction! This guy was wrong"

If it happens according to the Australian 17th, here in the EST (still being the 16th) we'd be saying "well damn this thing happened early! I wasn't ready, they told us it would happen tomorrow!"

I'd keep that under your hat, if you please -- otherwise all of the crazies are going to say that this is what the passage about "no one but the Father knows the day" means, and so they CAN figure it out without being contrary to the Bible.

When it happens, it happens, whether by Christ's return, the sun becoming a red giant or some other cataclysm, and whatever the system of denoting the passage of time happens to be showing at the time will be of no consequence.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thousandfathomsdeep

first of all, thanks for the congrats

second of all I predict that something will happen sometime now and the future... WOW PSYCHIC!!!

Third of all I edumacated... I find out things just like time zones...

All these things you enumerated mean nothing. NOTHING. We have only really recorded history worldwide in an organized manner for a FRACTION of the 4.5 billion year existence of our planet.

Perhaps die offs, increased earthquake activity, and other things you mentioned happen every 100 000 years but we just don't know it because early man/monkeys COULDN'T RECORD IT.

if you can read all those things and continue to say that everything is okay and this all a huge hoax? then obviously you need to step outside your bubble you live in and realize wtf is going on.

Yes I can, there is too much $$$ to be made off of war, people who believe the end is near, people who are sick from made up diseases and need the magic medicine that costs an eye... so yes I believe that it's a damn hoax and that people are conditioned to believe this to help other people profit...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
well i live here in sydney australia, so if the sky starts falling in today i will be the first to know. damn, thats if i even survive - and have internet. so technically, you will all know that im dead before you die.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

What do you expect? Perfect information processing and flawless interpretations? Pfft. Psi is about unconscious information processing and its about accord between the personal unconscious mind and the collective unconscious mind. Wake up, dude...these are tricky imperfect things and the archetypes of the collective unconscious can interfere with it and so can environmental variables.

Oh and please shave. Your beard sucks.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join