It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird dreams for many on the night of March 14th, to morning of March 15th.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A friend of mine pointed out a number of people on facebook today had status of "weird dreams" I also had one, and so did she. Thats 5 people. So anyone else??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah I had a dream that a Super Tsunami swept over Biloxi and came inland 70 miles where I am and I was holding onto a tree and the roots gave out and I was hanging until I seen a roof. I rode the floating roof like a ninja, then I found a boat floating along and I hopped on it and cranked it up and rode the mf'r until the water got lower, then as I got off the boat I just woke up.

I have weird dreams every night though so that is the norm for me.

link   
A whopping 5 out of nearly 7 billion.

I can assure you that there were a lot more people that had a weird dream last night, just the same as last year and for that matter, every single night. So nothing weird there.

Now, if you five all had the same weird dream...that would be more interesting.

link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Could we maybe get some details on the "weird" part? Dreams are always weird, but if something stands out and could be in common, that may make a difference. I personally didn't have anything abnormal, but i couldn't sleep.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I dont usually dream but I did last night. It was about a girl I served with in the military, she looked worried...the only thing I can remember is that she was wearing a tight fitting black tshirt with Mickey Mouse on the front... Then i woke up. The odd thing was I served with her in Japan...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well I actually don't remember my dreams at all which is strange because I usually remember AT LEAST something but not today. Even more odd is that I went to bed very early and ended up with twelve hours of sleep. Yet, I don't remember a thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Since this is posted in the dreams section it is appropriate. However, your sarcasm is not only stale, but purposeless. Might I suggest taking it elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

i had a weird dream but it had nothing to do with disaster although it was extremely realistic

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
my sibling & i didnt sleep well. among other dreams, i had a very long dream of basically partaking in a "mortal kombat" in a muddy dark valley amidst 100's if not 1000's of other people. very saddening as there was death & cries of horror surrounding me. i was fighting for my life. this is the first time i woke restless in the morning hours in more than 3 months

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HiMyNameIsMike

Since this is posted in the dreams section it is appropriate. However, your sarcasm is not only stale, but purposeless. Might I suggest taking it elsewhere.

Sigh. I didn't say it was not appropriate (although I doubt it since the opening post consists of a very, very vague description of the topic, and no information about the dream the OP had). And there was no sarcasme intended, just a discerning mind at work. Thanks for making me look like a villain though. I really appreciate it(that would be sarcasme).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes, I had weirder-than-normal dreams last night. In the dream, I was forced to move out of my home, and was sharing a house with a man who had opened his doors to me. 'Was trying to get unpacked and settled in when I opened a kitchen cabinet and found it crawling with cockroaches. Next thing, I was holding a garbage bag open so that the man could dump them into it from a big container. The weird part? Before putting them in the bag, the man had "treated" the roaches in some way, and they were radioactive and glowing with a bright, blue-green light.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I had one of the stragest dreams i've ever had last night, and to be honest, thats quite an achievement for me.

Basically my dream was that the entire planet was having an earthquake type scenario, the land was cracking apart and i knew i had to get away. I was packing things into the car and getting my family in it to head to the mountains when my dad appeared, he gave me a white box and said when you get lost, open this box it will activated and show ou where to go to be safe. I opened the box and followed the noise. I arrived in an underground type base. In the base were 2 humans, they said to me, look out for the aliens, i said what aliens, they said the ones that are causing the problems here with the earthquakes. At that moment i went outside and the sky was clear and the sun was shining but there was huge devistation and it was worldwide. The military were working with the aliens, the aliens were rounding up humans that were actually aliens but didnt realise it. I was approached by one of them, they were about 10ft high and a green colour, not very pretty to look at. He grabbed me with his mind, lifted me into the air and said..."this one has body armour on, lets rip it off", at that point my dream zoomed out and i saw them rip the armour off of me, even though i didnt realise i had it on. I then transformed into one of the aliens. I realised they had a hidden agenda and the military were scared of them thats why there was no conflict with them.

In my mind i opted to side with the humans but couldnt tell anyone, at that point i woke up!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
my weird dream was and alternate city where I live, was so unreal, It looked like I knew very well this alternate city, I dreamed looking at the sky, then I saw 3 moons and A bright red star, the sky was completely clean of clouds. weird.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've dreamed all night long about Japan, but I can't recall much. The only pleasant thing I've dreamed was about my Japanese class and my sensei... that class will never be the same from now on.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm actually really hesitant to post this as I'm still not sure I really experienced what I think I did. I was not expecting to even see a thread on this so was surprised when I came across this one, thank you OP.

I was relaxing on the couch last night, watching the news when I, how do I describe this really, I guess I 'slipped into a strange state of consciousness' is the best I can come up with, almost dreamlike if you will, for just a few seconds and saw a very strange scene. It only lasted 4 or 5 seconds and when I snapped out of it, I thought I had just seen it on the news but I remember thinking 'how did I see that as it had nothing to do with the story they were doing. I actually jumped back in the program (thank you DVR!) several times to be sure I did not actually see it on TV somehow, although I knew immediately that I did not.

Maybe it was just the byproduct of an overactive imagination due to all of the tragedy that is playing out in front of us the past several days, I don't know, I've never really experienced anything like it before.

I don't want to even say exactly what I saw as I don't want to be accused of spreading unwarranted doom and gloom and, again, it was probably just my mind playing tricks due to the stress of the past several days. We are on the west coast of Canada and the fear of radioactive contamination here is very real:

"Nuclear fears prompt rush for pills in B.C."

www.cbc.ca...

Don't mean to be cryptic but I had to share that I also experienced a strange, dreamlike event as per the OP.

Now, off to scour the local pharmacies for iodide tabs........wish me luck!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I had very strange dreams last night too, that had me waking up upset and sweaty.
Had nothing to do with earthquakes, tsunamis or nukes though.
It was very long and complex, I don't remember all of it. I do remember I was carrying around a baby, was outside in some sort of fairgrounds or something, and came across a baby tiger. I decided to go put the baby down somewhere, so I could go tell my husband about the tiger (he loves tigers).
Later I went back to get the baby but couldn't remember where I'd put it. I was looking in the refridgerator!
I finally found the baby, but was horrified to find I'd it put in a vaccuum packed sac.... but it was alive and starting to cry.
I quickly opened the sac and as I carried the baby, it began to have diarrhea leak out of it uncontrollably, it was getting very sick.
I began to talk with it and tell it to listen very carefully inside, and ask it's subconscious what it needs to get better. I was explaining to it that we can all access whatever information we need through some sort of inner channel, accessing the collective subconscious or something.
I went to wash it in a shower, but with the baby in one hand, I had only one hand to hold the shower thing, and there was a hairdryer plugged in and near the shower. I tried to grab the hairdryer to get it away, afraid of being electrocuted, but couldn't get a grip on it, and ended up throwing it away from myself as it slipped... but it landed right in the water, and I was terrified I'd get shocked, and it was a dangerous situation out of control....

I guess I woke up then, ashamed of being so irresponsible with a baby, and still feeling the panic of the situation with the electricity and the water.

I guess I can see some ways that could have been stimulated by the current crisis... energy sources, water, accidents out of control, refrigeration, sickness.....
edit on 15-3-2011 by coquine because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wow.... [you guys can say that I'm BSing you or assume what you like but for those of you who chose to believe me, read on..] I just woke up from a mid-day nap, was feeling very fatigued, and the whole time I had some terrifying dreams(well.. a progressive series of dreams). I was probably napping for about two hours (long nap, I know), and I woke up quite a few times. I had a series of dreams of HUUUUGE tsunamis enveloping the island on which I was located(not sure if it was SUPPOSED to be Japan). It felt so real, it was absolutely terrifying. I remember my girlfriend being in the dream, and our little guy. I remember the both of them going missing. I remember other people(family/friends) being there too, but going missing. The waves were like those you see in movies, like 2012, etc.. in all the dreams we were trying to get to higher, and higher ground, but it didn't seem to help, the waves continued to grow. I remember at one point there was a huge aircraft carrier(ship) in the wave, also like in the movie 2012.

That's about all I can remember.

I mean, it's not like it's a HUGE thing that I had a dream about a tsunami after the events that have been unfolding, but I just thought I would share.

I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH: DON'T TAKE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT OUT OF CONTEXT!

All I can really say is that, in the dreams, I had a sense of what the people of Japan went through, and it was the most terrifying thing I've experienced(in a dream), but I'm very fortunate in that I can wake up from my experience.

My thoughts go to those in Japan. Wishing you all the best.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have vivid yoga/lucid/shamanic dreams almost everynight but last night was the first nightmare I've had in a while. It was a very confusing jumble. It was like a giant headless insect in space was doing a perverted version of the Simpsons 'couch gag' but instead taking place in the Springfield nuclear powerplant it took place in a Japanese power plant. It was not pretty. I was not amused. It was bloody and morbid. But the rather malevolent cthulhu-like bug in space was amused. I couldn't get back to sleep.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I had weirder dreams than normal, I put it down to the imagery I've been seeing on the news though as it was an earthquake/tsunami scenario. Honestly I believe that this is just my subconcious working through my fears about what might happen, I realised the other day that this is probably the first time in my life that I actually am happy enough to care about survival.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I also had a very -vivid- dream about being in different structures (part of an unfamilar house, part of an unfamiliar empty garage with windows on it) and a strange man ( a man unkown to me in waking life) but there were no cockroaches in it.
I also slept for an unusually long time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join