It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop U.S. Military Pay??!?!!??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
I did my service girly
y]

Is that what you call name calling? Oh and I'm sure you "did your time". Don't know many marine that would talk like this, so I'm guess you were army or navy. Plus you sound like someone that would get me killed in a combat situation, glad I didn't serve with you.

I know what I did. The crux of the discussion is that as it seems its now been determined what the complainers toabout the taxpaying public are, apparently it's just down to haggling about price.
Your job used to be defend the nation, now it's to save your skin at any price. What you dont know in your rush to save yourself is that your skin is already accounted for and disposed off

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Fred,

Are you going to stop talking in metaphors and make you point in plain terms or continue to troll this non nonsensical gibberish!

Question at hand.

Are the US Military about to have their pay stopped!???

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

And what do you do for your money? Where do you live where you can sit high on your horse and point fingers? You don't like what we do? Do something about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
(please forgive if it's been said- borrowed time here)
How about if we cut the Congress' pay and let them actually serve for a change? With "bennies" and brib...er I mean lobbying & campaign contributions, they are way overpaid to begin with. And it isn't as though 99% were even "middle class" to begin with.

God Willing, our military may be the only thing that can preserve the US when Washington DC goes to sh## (and it's been hurtling in that direction for some time now).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by NoClue206

REALLY. YOU BRING UP HAITI.

Listen, you are obviously oblivious as to how things are being run. Just because you do a mission or two of dropping rice packages and whatnot does not mean the millions of dead are somehow made up for. I don´t know if you know, but Haiti is largely still in rubbles. It´s all cool and dandy to play hero, but when someone calls you out on it, understand that you´re just playing. Besides the point, you do not have a say in anything, you just follow orders...if you are okay with turning a blind eye to all the crap(and it's tons more crap than good) then be my guest. If it makes you feel any better...

I still won't stop calling todays Western soldiers occupying land Mercenaries, because fact of the matter is, you all are left clueless and do it for the money. And you don't press hard to get clues, no, you accept the fact that you're not given any because there's money in play. It's okay, everybody has to make a living somehow, druglords deal drugs, mercenaries kill for money. As simple as.

Wow , truly spoken like someone who doesnt know what the hell they are talking about...
And by someone who neither has the spine , nor the character to join an organization that not only rebuilds countries after disasters and provides THE MOST FOREIGN AID IN THE WORLD, but also might have to fight.

its nice to know that you can come up with all your drivel and still have NO facts.......

You my friend are priceless

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

And for everything else there's Mastercard!!

sorry I've been drinking!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ATS has been infiltrated as of late - With people that don't use critical thinking, shout bullet points (not talking points, this is apolitical), and attack people who challenge their beliefs. Meanwhile attempting to polarize people against each other instead of attempting to unify.

I think those people are forgetting what site they are on.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Ah so you didn't sign up to serve your country as the naive minds believe.

You signed up for the money!

Stop calling yourself a soldier and start using the appropriate term: Mercenary.

It would clear a lot up and it would prevent people from joining your team of mercenaries with false and naive concepts of honor and pride.

The question that pops into my mind however is...:

What if the US can't pay it's mercenaries anymore...would the mercenaries be ready to switch teams for a (better) wage? Say, multinational companies with private armies...

edit on 15-3-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

You can stuff your contempt. You wouldn't recognize "honor and pride and integrity if it bit you in your over privileged butt. Its a " volunteer" force commanded at the top by elected and appointed civilians.; people join for any number of reasons( Pure desire,Service, traditions,Pay, training,college benefits,retirement) and are welcome to. Don't you have a protest sign to make or a shift coming up at 'Noodles &co"?
edit on 15-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The military operations are funded by a separate budget or "emergency funding" bills. The DoD has it's own budget as well that is kept funded through their own accounts. The treasury funds mostly misc funding that includes most social agencies except SS (though they probably will stop SS checks just because they can, even though it's in no way connected to the budget. In fact, it has it's own tax to it's own accounts)

So a federal shutdown will suspend all government operations outside of the military, the main agencies such as the FBI, CIA, NSA, and DoD. As well as any operation connected to the 2 on going wars which as I stated are funded via a separate "emergency funding" bill.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ENOUGH OF THIS BICKERING

There will be no further name-calling, sniping or attacks on other members. Any further posts of that type will be actioned and the member warned. Debate the topic NOT each other.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
(please forgive if it's been said- borrowed time here)
How about if we cut the Congress' pay and let them actually serve for a change? With "bennies" and brib...er I mean lobbying & campaign contributions, they are way overpaid to begin with. And it isn't as though 99% were even "middle class" to begin with.

God Willing, our military may be the only thing that can preserve the US when Washington DC goes to sh## (and it's been hurtling in that direction for some time now).

If their (representatives') pay was the first to be cut, there would be waaaaay fewer threats of shutting the government down. It oughta be a law.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I dont think ive ever been so annoyed with anything to have to create a username and write on a forum. Of course we are all concerned about the people that attacked our country but as a mother of two with me and my husband both being active duty are we were away from our children for 12 months, missing our daughters first words,first steps...
I dont think non-military people understand we dont get paid a million dollars single soldiers pay checks, e4 and below are about 600.00 every two weeks. even when married the cost of housing and bills, PLUS being able to feed our children, is just about living paycheck by paycheck and if your so worried about who attacked out country why arent you defending...

IF YOU DONT WANT TO STAND BEHIND US, BY ALL MEANS PLEASE STAND INFRONT OF US.

we do have kids to take care of and take from the elderly? maybe we should take from the people that abuse the goverment help such as food stamps, welfare... think of that?

I personally go into work at 0400 for formation and pt and most days I dont leave till 1900, so please lets trade jobs, cause not only isnt it easy, its lots of time away from our families. Ignorant people, please so do some research on how much the military gets paid etc....

***AND YES WE ARE GETTING PAID, EXPECT FOR THOSE OF US MARRIED PEOPLE, OR PEOPLE WITH CHILDREN, WE WILL NOT BE GETTING BAH OR BAS THE WHOLE MONTH OF APRIL... command put out the news letters today. ***

airborne
)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hooahhottie

Thanks for your comment. Obviously my posts where I was upset about those attacking us "military mercenaries" were removed, but I feel the same way.

All I asked was if anyone heard about it and/or what were your opinions about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
Okay, if i didn't post this in the right thread, please feel free to place it in the correct one.

Now, I don't have any news links but everyone is freaking out about this whole government shutdown.

I, personally don't believe the military would be affected by this, but the more everyone is talking about it, the more nervous I get.

My husband came home for lunch telling me how they're all talking about it at work.

Has anyone else heard about this? What are your thoughts?

Ps. I know during the shutdown in 95' i think, the military still got paid. But there is speculation that this one would be different.
edit on 15/3/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

Spent 20+ year active duty U.S. Navy (retired Chief June 2009). I remember going through this a couple of times while in, and while they (the government workers at my work, I am civilian now and not a government employee however should they be affected by this pending shutdown, I too may very well be affected we are not sure yet) but going back to the military....the military WILL NOT shut down. Funds have been (as they always have) that will go towards keeping the military getting paid.

While I was on active duty I believe it was around the recession in 1993 under Clinton and another time in the early 2000's where there was political bickering that was keep the FY defense authorization bill from getting signed so while the gov went on one extension to another every couple/few weeks until the new FY was hammered into place, the military was not concerned in the slightest whether or not we would get paid.

Think about it....dude when the day comes to where our government....the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT has effed #e up so bad to where our military, like what the Russian military went through after the fall of the Soviet Union....that our military STOPS GETTING PAID! WHOA! If THAT doesn't wake America up, I sure as hell do not know what will!!
Basically if this truly does happen and the government shuts down so hard to where they are standing up on Capitol Hill with their hands out shrugging saying sorry but we can't any longer afford to pay our military....man that will be the day that I grab the BOB and head for higher ground! We will be in a VERY sad state of affairs should it EVER come to that.

But yea....active duty has no reason to worry. They will continue to get their digital credits hitting the bank on the 1st and 15th of every month

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
what upsets me is people who have no idea what military people or miltary spouses go through.

I stand by all my fellow soldiers, marines, seamen/women, airmen/women, and coaties. we all do the same thing so this bs about marines dont talk like that were military we all have mouths on us, we all deploy spend time away from our families, miss big events, get paid the bottom of the bottom, work long hours, go out of country in 103 + degree weather, AND WE ALL HAVE BILLS TO PAY!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder how many people who signed up for the military realize that there is nothing in their contract that specifies that they will be paid? I think if recruiters explained that up front that there would be a lot less people signing up.

In the case of a government shutdown, the first agencies defunded should be:

1. The IRS. If the government isn't spending money, then there is no need to collect any money, right?

2. Congress. If they can't do their jobs, what are we paying them for anyway?

3. The President and the Supreme Court. If anyone can afford a pay cut ...

4. The FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF, TSA, and pretty much any other three letter agency because, well, just because.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I don't think anyone on here had that in mind when they signed. Whether it is the military or people working for Walmart, it is a scary thought.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

I know I didn't , but I was more idealistic in my younger days. "Keeping my county free" and all that. Wish I had read the fine print ... Nowadays, I'm a more careful. I didn't sign up on ATS for two years because I was too busy to read the Terms of Agreement, and I'm still a little leary about that. Lesson learned.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

YES YOU DO!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
YOU won't get NO MONEY111 PERIOD!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join