It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop U.S. Military Pay??!?!!??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Okay, if i didn't post this in the right thread, please feel free to place it in the correct one.

Now, I don't have any news links but everyone is freaking out about this whole government shutdown.

I, personally don't believe the military would be affected by this, but the more everyone is talking about it, the more nervous I get.

My husband came home for lunch telling me how they're all talking about it at work.

Has anyone else heard about this? What are your thoughts?

Ps. I know during the shutdown in 95' i think, the military still got paid. But there is speculation that this one would be different.
edit on 15/3/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Like I stated earlier, I don't think it would come down to them not paying us, but nothing is ever for sure.

They said it could happen as early as 17March. It's just a scary thought to even ponder on, but i'm praying it doesn't come true.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Only "non-essential" positions will not get paid, and even they will get back pay when the shutdown ends.

The military and all defense agencies are "essential", thus will be getting paid regardless of shutdown.

No need to worry, don't believe the rumor mill.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You CANNOT stop paying the people who are expanding your empire. So military and oil barrons will continue to grease the wheels of the military industrial complex.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

No, don't worry. They don't need rioting from armed personnel.

Military has the largest budget of anyone, I'm sure. They'll take money from the elderly and cut programs to support the poor before they do anything with the military.

Khar

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Thanks! I will continue to try and ignore it. But with everything going on in the world, i feel like anything could happen. I pray this never happens.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

That's sad, but very true.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
How multimedia american! Youre not so much worried that your country has been hijacked from you and your children and every founding principle has be perverted to provide security for other nations and other cultures, Youre worried that youre not gonna get paid to protect those that did it to ya and not worried at all that the money you expected to get has been given away by them to their real friends and will leave you high and dry with not so much as a thank you while they tell you the public is your enemy because they are cheap.
You dont see this, do you? Just give you your money and go to sleep, right? When will you learn that they will use you up, throw you against those that already paid their money to support you, that it was stolen from you by those that plan to use then dispose of you
edit on 15-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: you cant handle the truth

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

the military eat while the general public suffer, sounds a bit like north korea but with a lower percentage of family's who are supported by military pay.
edit on 15-3-2011 by lewman because: missed word

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ah so you didn't sign up to serve your country as the naive minds believe.

You signed up for the money!

Stop calling yourself a soldier and start using the appropriate term: Mercenary.

It would clear a lot up and it would prevent people from joining your team of mercenaries with false and naive concepts of honor and pride.

The question that pops into my mind however is...:

What if the US can't pay it's mercenaries anymore...would the mercenaries be ready to switch teams for a (better) wage? Say, multinational companies with private armies...

edit on 15-3-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Here's an article on the Army times about it, it made all the military times magazines. www.armytimes.com... I remember when I was stationed in Japan we had a Russian destroyer pull into port and those guys hadn't gotten a paycheck in 3 months! We were going to buy them drinks and the like but we never saw any of them. I personally hope this happens and I'm saying that as a disabled vet who only gets VA comp which would be stopping too. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick and tired of this crap I hope TSHTF here this week.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I will not call my husband a mercenary. If you know what that means and are trying to use the definition with "soldier" being in it, itwould be someone who is hired to work in a FOREIGN army solely for the money.

Yea, the U.S. is not foreign to us whatsoever. Whether someone joins the military to "serve their country" or just so they can have a stable check, it doesn't mean they should be degraded by people like you JUST because they don't fit the criteria of a true soldier in your eyes.

What am I even talking about, I don't have to explain myself to you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

If the military were to stop being paid you would have a bigger problem than just not getting a paycheck on the 1st and 15th, not to freak you out.

The world seems "crazy" right now because nobody alive has seen anything like this happen before, but I promise you there have been "crazier" times and we all made it out just fine.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Wow are you kidding me? You act like we aren't people too. We have families to feed, we have people that depend on us.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here's a thought, if the federal government shuts down then wouldn't it be possible to abolish the whole thing? I had more to say but the damn brains locking up.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

So you would like to see thousands of families become homeless? They would repo our cars and kick us out of our homes. Smart thinking??? I think not.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Did they call me a mercenary when I was in Haiti after the earthquake? Are they calling us mercenaries in Japan right now? No! Just because YOU don't like what we did in Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't mean we don't do good around the would too.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

And you're affected by this how? You're talking like I know you or somthing, with 300+ million people in America I'm sure there's more than a few thousand families.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When one works for a thief and provides protection for a thief and will do the bidding of a thief, and will not resist the thief just how much sympathy do you expect from the people the thief steals from?
This is a fraud, taxes are paid yet you will not get them. Is that the publics fault or the masters fault? Who controls the weapons and the power to resist?
Seems like you guys are being played and now, not wanting to risk confronting the cause want to curry sympathy from the rest of us. Other than Lt Col Laken, there's not a complete set of testicles in the entire uniformed service put together, and you'll come for us before you come for those that screwed you and us.
edit on 15-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: they're coming for you

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Being in the military, that's how this affects me. Most of us don't live on base, our BAH would stop. Some disabled Vets,(like my buddies with missing arms or legs), that do depend on those checks would be screwed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join