It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For NIN fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For all you NIN heads out there, post your favorite nine inch nails and your reason (if you wish) for enjoying the song.

Mine is...

and...

These songs dont need explanations, they speak for themselves.

edit on 15-3-2011 by AOA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Cool tunes. I haven't really listened to anything new by them since the Downward Spiral which was a great cd.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I shall refuse to give any reasoning. There needs not be a reason to love NIN.
We have to start off here. by taking it back a few years.

edit on 3/15/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

edit on 15-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Cool tunes. I haven't really listened to anything new by them since the Downward Spiral which was a great cd.

Downward spiral was a great album! Too bad you stopped listing, In my option The Fragile is there best..It was released after downward spiral..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
S+F LOVE NIN!

My favourite is Reptile!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Oh no, I just had a horrid thought after seeing you post that song.
This is a scary place to share a song by a title such as that. Everyone will start to think that Trent has always been a believer in the reptilian race.

Personal disclaimer and Trents too: Its about a whore, and nothing more.
So please keep any lizard people related comments away from this beautiful song.

Edit: back on topic. The Downward Spiral Tour was the 1st concert I ever went to. Nothing short of Amazing.
Jim Rose Circus Sideshow, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, along with visual and mind altering enhancers. Great memories. That show, still to this day, ranks among my top 3 all time favorite concerts, and I've been to quite a few over the years, if I do say so myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Downward spiral was a great album! Too bad you stopped listing, In my opinion The Fragile is their best..It was released after downward spiral..

I don't know. That's an awful strong statement. I am not denying that The Fragile
'in rocks, I just don't know if I could say "best"........hmmm :bnghd: I don't know. I think I'm gonna have to place The Downward Spiral slightly above.

Just curious, are you, or anyone else reading this, a member on the NIN Forum?
I'm basically asking because of the "atinylittledot.com"

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Downward spiral was a great album! Too bad you stopped listing, In my opinion The Fragile is their best..It was released after downward spiral..

I don't know. That's an awful strong statement. I am not denying that The Fragile
'in rocks, I just don't know if I could say "best"........hmmm :bnghd: I don't know. I think I'm gonna have to place The Downward Spiral slightly above.

Hmmm.. Maybe slightly
.. Pretty hate machine is great too! Lucky you got to see that show..I have only seen nin once, on the with teeth tour in 2006.. Still a amazing show though.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Did you catch the first tour for With Teeth, the smaller one? I think there was a big tour later, but at first they went to only small clubs. If I remember correctly, I think it was 40 cities, but I could be wrong about that. They did 2 shows in each city, same club, back to back nights. I had read that Trent actually wasn't sure if he could still fill arenas, because he had been off so long. Not sure if that's what he actually said or if it was just whoever wrote the article, but yeah right. Tickets sold out in minutes. I paid something like $500 for 2 tickets.(after it had sold out)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I believe I saw the second leg of the tour..It was at the tweeter center.. which is a fairly good sized concert venue in Boston, Ma..It was a great show..

edit on 15-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I saw them live in a small bar in New Orleans around 98. He used to live there and would play in little bars to test out his act before going national. The sound actually sucked pretty bad, but it was still fun to see them up close.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

lazy bastard. He could of donated a soundboard and some good speakers to a local bar, and not even had to worry about getting it all set up each time lol.

Where I saw them on that small tour was a very old theatre. I can't even remember the name of it, but i think it was a movie theatre. It was on the outskirts of Chicago somewhere. There really wasn't much around there. I know that if there even was a parking lot(and I don't think there was), then it was filled very quick, because everyone was just parked on all the side streets. I think it held 2000 people(but it didn't seem like there was that many there). The sound was great though. They had a small lighting set-up too, but there just wasn't much room. All in all, it was badazz though. I wish I could of stayed and saw it the next night.

reply to post by TechVampyre

I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but I honestly can't remember if I saw the 2nd leg of the With Teeth Tour or not. I might of been
at the time. Peaches and Bauhaus were the opening bands, and it was at an outdoor amphitheatre. I could search it, but I'm feeling lazy and too many tabs opened right now anyways lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Head Down (Live)

The way this song was preformed live stepped it up a couple notches. My favorite song off 'The Slip' by far.

PS - I can't pick a single favorite, and you guys have posted some of the ones I like the most already, so I figured I'd post that one.

Here's some more eargasms:

Ghosts 31

Right Where It Belongs

Eraser

BURN w/Twiggy

See, I really can't choose... (list goes on)
edit on 15-3-2011 by OrganicAnagram33 because: PS

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

No need to choose. We can load this thread up. Excellent choices
I hadn't watched any live performances of 'Ghosts.' Trippy visuals.
I needed that 'Right Where it Belongs' too. I've deprived myself lately. I think I've only seen that live performance/screen once, and that was live 6 years ago maybe. dam i'm getting old.

I think I'm gonna have to slow things down; simplify things a bit; unplug the keyboards.

I still get chills everytime I listen to this version.....it's deep...

Right Where It Belongs V.2 - (Japan/U.K. With Teeth Bonus tracks) -unofficial video

What? No way I could complete this post without plugging things back in at least once.

Originally posted by mayabong
Cool tunes. I haven't really listened to anything new by them since the Downward Spiral which was IS a great cd.
After re-reading over this thread, I was compelled to make a slight correction in your comment. Sorry, I couldn't stop myself. It had to be done.
edit on 3/16/11 by BrokenCircles because: added quote

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just had to take a second and say that listening to some of these songs really took me back. NIN was probably the first band I was truly into and even though I stopped listening around with teeth I saw them 6 times from around 94 to 00 and I'll never forget any of those shows (and I've beeen to a ton). Trent is a genius and I wouldn't have been in bands for the past 15 years or so in love with music as I am today if it wasn't for him. He not only opened my and the masses eyes to industrial and the 100s of genres that tie into it (goth, techno, ebm, etc) but also made me realize that if done well and crafted carefully enough that music can truly transcend any boundary. Truly one of the geniuses of our time. Plus he's from Mercer, which technically makes him a Pittsburgh local

Anywho I believe these first two are self explanatory to any NIN fan

And since I'm from the old school

edit on 16/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Afterthought

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I like all the stuff you posted BrokenCircles and OrganicAnagram33.
I also couldn't pick a favorite but I'd add these:

The Great Below

Happiness In Slavery

Vessel (Not an official video)

Suck

The Four of Us Are Dying

And of course, Ghosts, all of it!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 22ndsecond

Oops I should have embedded the videos! Sorry, still a little new!

top topics

join