It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Radiation going?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yes that is my question, is it heading our way? to the USA or east to rus chi? now i have tried this search.yahoo.com... and the sites that had the real time, this is the level, are gone do they not want us to know how bad it is or is it just me? i you have a link that monitors in real time the radiation level post it, or if one of them links from the the link works post it , thanks..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I'm getting the same result for the site Radiation Network It is possible you and I are not the only people who are trying to view data on the site. It is very likely that the server is overloaded and currently down. I suggest keeping an eye on it, which I'll be doing as well. Looks like the site is hosted by Earthlink via a whois lookup.

TWBU

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

In the 1950s, the U.S. government decided that domestic atom bomb testing was "essential to the national defense." A violent storm caused New York's Capital region to receive excessive amounts of radioactive fallout in April 1953. This book contains what may be the only independent scientific data from these tests.

It can hang up in the air and drift many miles in the form of a cloud and then come down when it rains.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
New link for Radiation Network

www.geigercounters.com...

And I am now watching this map as well

No one has debunked it yet from Austria’s Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyWontBelieveU

Yes there is a thread about that site being down, you can always use "downforjustme" to check, google that term and you'll get a site that checks to see if you are isolated, or it's an internet wide issue.

people are suggesting they exceeded their bandwidth, which is possibly, but usually the hosting site puts up a page indicating as such.

Right now, the entire domain is 404, no pages associated with them. This could be a simple as too many people flooding the site and DoS protection is in effect.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Great find, thank you!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I guess you did not read my post above yours.........the domain name has changed

Same site, new location..

www.geigercounters.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thanks to you as well!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Check this site out..."When an ill wind blows from afar"
Surviving Radioactive Fallout & Radiation Contamination from Japan, Iran or North Korea

www.ki4u.com...

KI4U, Inc. has been written up in ... NYTimes (6/13/02), Wall Street Journal (3/14/03 & 10/5/01), USAToday (6/11/02 & 7/11/02), Washington Post (4/13/03 & 3/16/03), Boston Globe (8/13/05), SF Chronicle (6/23/02), Newsday (11/24/01), WND (1/18/05), IEEE Spectrum (9/01), Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (5/04), National Defense Mag (3/04). And, our products seen on CNN, FOX, CBS, TIME mag with radio interviews on 'Coast to Coast', NPR, Glenn Beck and numerous others, also Glenn Beck's CNN TV Show (10/2006)

Shane Connor is the CEO of www.ki4u.com Consultants and developers of Civil Defense solutions to Government, NPO's, and Individual Families.

edit on 15-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The site is not down and never was. People have been posting the link with extra info in the url for some reason. The link works just fine if posted correctly.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I have to eat lunch ......but boy I smell a dead fish in the pond......That link is saved to my favorites and does not work........as well all the links in the threads.......

Interesting.........

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
thank you all for your post www.reuters.com... it seems that it is really bad and we might glow after all.

Chernobyl clean-up expert slams Japan, IAEA

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Okay, now that my lunch has settled............I think we have "two" fake radiation sites........

www.radiationnetwork.com... has not been updated since 11:30am

and this site

www.geigercounters.com... last updated around 8:30am

This link popped up right after all the confussion of the 404 error

I think I will make a call to these guys..........I will let you know!!

edit on 15-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I'm not trying to change subject but just noticed minor thing. What exactly was added in the URL for the video feed? Is it possible to add code through URL to cause "something/anything" unintended or intentional to happen?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

This may also hold some indications for which way the winds are blowing and where some of the radiation may travel.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/526732c4e36d.png[/atsimg]
www.windfinder.com...

Is it just me or does that look like some form of hurricane headed toward Japanese cost?
edit on 15-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No. It's a low pressure area (not even tropical storm strength). It's moving away from Japan.
It will be causing northwest winds in the area of the reactors, pushing the radioactive material out to sea.

edit on 3/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spydrbyte25
reply to post by Wookiep

I'm not trying to change subject but just noticed minor thing. What exactly was added in the URL for the video feed? Is it possible to add code through URL to cause "something/anything" unintended or intentional to happen?

An extra portion of the URL (radiationnetwork.com) including "/RadiationNetwork.htm" was apparently the original link. It seems our ATS user "Cloudsinthesky" called the site and found out that a website upgrade was in progress and the extra text was taken off the original URL, making the new URL just "radiationnetwork.com" . It appears that both configurations are now working. I could be wrong on the details, if so please refer to ATS user "Cloudsinthesky".

edit on 16-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join