It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Obama doing during this disaster? Hes going to Rio.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by theALW

It's as if the dumb citizens are watching meaningless gladiator games, discussing pointless things like whether or not Obama brings his family along on state trips, while they are completely oblivious to the real issues.

And the media (like Fox) is doing their best in helping to dumb down the nation

The most important point seems to have been ignored in this thread, it's the possibility that Obama is being moved to South American for his own health and safety. i.e. Radioactive rain, Earthquakes
edit on 16-3-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by Chance321

You do realize he can do everything you ask without being in the country, right? Ever heard of phones, emails, and the Internet?

The physical location of the president matters nothing...unless you're a crazy irrational armchair patriot

Just for fun, let's look at vacation days per year for the past few presidents:

- Obama: 26 days
- Clinton: 21 days
- Reagan: 42 days
- Bush: 69 (LOOOOOL)
- Bush senior: 40 days
- Carter: 19 days

Notice a trend?

O_O WOW! I wish I could take more then 2 months off from work and have Obama take my slack for me for taking a decent amount of vacation.

Obama has played 61 rounds of golf, so apparently your source doesn't count golfing as a vacation day. I'm sure Obama gets plenty of work done while in his golf cart.

link   

link   
reply to post by Procession101
[m
edit on 16-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Procession101
[m
edit on 16-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

You might wanna add a zero

Carter took 79 days in 4 years.
Clinton took 152 days in 8 years.

Reagan took 335 days in 8 years.
Bush Sr. took 543 days in 4 years!

Now let's have a look at Bush:

The total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while in office over a period of 8 years was 967 days, or 32% of his total time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wait...whats the PM of Canada doing, or the UK, or etc etc etc...

ok...I know the real underlying desire of this thread, and I agree

Lets get all leaders of the world and toss them into the melting reactors.....right? right?

Get over your rightous indignation folks...actually, nevermind, I find it amusing. carry on.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You mean your lying, treasonous "Criminal-In Chief"

www.commieblaster.com

Maybe he will stay there and they will have a genuine "Brazil Nut"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Atheist V Christian
Democrat V Republican

This is more divide and conquer; we have to unite against the true enemy! We are enslaved by the bankers, we're being herded around. Wake up people!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
******************** Mod Note *************************

The Topic of the thread is What is Obama doing during this disaster? Hes going to Rio.

Please Stay on Topic

Go After the Ball, Not the Player

Personal Attacks and Off-topic posts will be removed.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Chance321

Okey, a couple of things. First you missed the point of the post that I answered. Stateing that in defence of obama could do everything from the White House in Air Force One that the same should apply to President Bush, vacation or not.
Number two. If this is supposed to be a "business" trip why the need to bring the whole family? If he's bring the whole family then he must be planning on some play time which equals vacation again.

You know how many businessmen take their families along? Doesn't mean he won't work, just means he gets to spend the night with his wife and maybe say goodnight to his kids.

I'm taking my GF along on business trips all the time...don't get to see her during the day, but it's nice to have a friendly face around before you go to bed, and when you wake up in the morning.

And his wife/kids don't have an official function, they're accessories...so don't act as if someone poured sand into your panties

Right, they can take their familes with them, but I bet the companies don't pay the families way too now do they? Unlike the obama's. Remember michaels little trip to Spain? Who footed that bill for the wife on that little junket?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
www.google.com...

Obama trip to Latin America still on despite turmoil

The president and his family are scheduled to travel to Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago and San Salvador on the trip, designed to highlight economic and trade issues and energy and security cooperation. White House officials are billing the visit as primarily an effort to drum up export markets and future opportunity for US businesses as they seek to emerge from the worst financial crisis in decades. "There has been tremendous progress in this region economically over the last decade or so," said Mike Froman, deputy national security advisor for international economic affairs.

The world is falling apart and hes going to Rio. Tells me all I need to know about this guy.

ridiculous, very cheap thread !! You must be a Obama basher 150 % !!! Obama is president of USA, not of Japan and compare Bush with Obama is really childish weak brainwork ....
Katrina was in USA ok ? Do you see other presidents or Kings not continuing their own work in their own State ?
What should Obama do ? go to Japan ? for what ? Ridiculous you know. Come on, populism at best, are you Tea Party Mommy ?
What a stupid world we living in .....
edit on 16-3-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This trip was apparently planned as are all of the POTUS' trips, some time ago. Brazil has recently elected a new President who recently took office in January.

Brazil is South America's largest economy. If we improve trade relations with them, and increase exports of American made products, it could mean more jobs for Americans.

US Military are already assisting the Japanese. GE (General Electric) would be better suited to help the nuclear reactor situation. They designed those Mark I reactors and didn't provide for a means for the Hydrogen gas to escape in an emergency such as this which has contributed to the explosions.

Let the POTUS focus on our own domestic problems which is his number one priority.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Actually, my company is paying for it if the trip is longer than 5 days. It's pretty common for upper management at a lot of companies

Either way, the additional cost is negligible as it doesn't cost more fuel to have Michelle on board (contrary to what Beck & Co say she's not that fat, lol), cost of food is ridiculously small too, and she's staying in the president's room which means it also doesn't cost more. As for the kid's room...you do realize that the president always gets 2+ floors at hotels anyway for security reasons...so having 1 of them host the kids isn't costing more either.

In short, focus on the real issues instead of ridiculous crap like this. Even if it cost $10mil more (which is absurd btw), it would still be nothing compared to the reckless defence spending, or the ridiculous corporate subsidies and tax breaks for large companies that don't need it...companies who get tax breaks, and then create most of the jobs abroad. Like Exxon, that paid ZERO taxes, in fact, they got a $1.1bil tax refund even though in 2010, they were the MOST PROFITABLE COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!

All this should make it abundantly clear why focusing on crap like whether Obama brings his family along or not is pointless and a bit crazy. Hell, it's common place to bring the wife along to state dinners anyway as many foreign leaders have their wife and other relatives around as well during state dinners and lunches. THINK for crying out loud!

And lastly, there's nothing Obama can do...according to Glenn Beck, god is responsible for the earthquake in Japan. Clearly Obama stands no chance against god, right?

edit on 16-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
Let the POTUS focus on our own domestic problems which is his number one priority.

Okey, lets check out how good obama's been doing with our domestic problems. The great state of Arizona passed a law mirroring the federial law on immagration enforcement, to try an put a stop to the flow of illegals into the state. What'd obama do? He sides with the mexican president saying it was too strict and sued Arizona over it. Next after the gulf oil spill he banned all drilling, putting thousands out of work from the oil industry. The health care bill, most Americans didn't want it but he passed it anyways including sneaking in $150billion without anyone knowing about it till now. So what exactly has he done to help?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

good artcle\\

It is not merely that he isn't rising to the challenge. He is avoiding the challenge. He is Bartleby the President. He would prefer not to.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

This is a very good thing. The further away Obama is from my home-town, the more comfortable I can feel knowing at least one filthy criminal is far away. Obama should take a vacation to India and stay there for the remainder of his term. That would be fantastic.

The leader of the USA is supposed to the be people of the USA, not Obama. The best thing that can happen to us is for Obama to not do his job which for those who don't know is to serve the companies Exxon, Berkshire Hathway, Wal-Mart, and a wide range of other companies and special interest groups.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Cmon, Obama and Soros are investing in the nationalized Petrobas for personal gain. It's obvious why he is going to Rio. It's not a vacation. Obama is spending 2 billion of taxpayer money to develop Brazil's National oil industry while banning offshore drilling for the US. Don't believe Glenn? How about the Wall Street Journal?

features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...

online.wsj.com...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join