It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Obama doing during this disaster? Hes going to Rio.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by imastew
Europe's energy commissioner Guenther Oettinger dubbed the nuclear disaster an "apocalypse", saying Tokyo had almost lost control of events at the Fukushima plant.

Japan radioactivity could enter food chain, kids at risk
'For some individuals even a small amount of radiation can raise the risk of cancer' MSNBC

2 reasons off the top of my head he shouldn't go to RIO right now

If you're going to post excerpts from articles, please link to the entire article.

"Japans radioactivity could enter the food chain"
So he should wait here to make sure no fish become horribly radioactive, or some poor deer who happens to be sucking down ocean water on the coast suddenly goes radioactive and attacks a local elderly couple who happen to be smooching by the water?

See here's the problem... "For some individuals, even a small amount of radiation can raise the risk of cancer"
So, because some people who currently reside in Japan are susceptible more than others to a risk of cancer he should not go to Rio? Hmmm

For all that is holy and related to runny cheese, he's not the all seeing eye of the world he has other responsibilities to deal with.
edit on 16-3-2011 by ScepticallyDelicious because: water body mix-up

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Today our President is doing a spot on ESPN for college basketball picks. He has time for ESPN but not addressing the nation WTF ? Should there be advisories out now for the west coast residents? ( not from MSM )

President Obama Likes Chalk for NCAA

The nation is really worried about Nuclear Fall out hitting the west coast. There is still a crisis in the Middle East. The world is on fire and getting hotter by the day. The markets are falling apart. Where is the leadership?

So here we have a president going on yet another working vacation while the media is spreading fear into the hart of Americas with nuclear fallout. Should this nuclear fallout occur on the west coast, as some experts’ are suggesting. How can the President effectively lead while out of the country?

Ask yourself how stupid will our president look addressing the nation from AF1 in another country, while radiation blankets our west coast; should this event take place. Every American will know the by the quality of the satellite broadcast from AF1 that he is not in the country.

As some of you have said the President had this trip planned. Would you not cancel your plans if your family were looking at a possible disaster? It’s the Presidents job to assure the well being of this nation first. This should not be left to the press secretary or the MSM. The people have serious concerns; for goodness sake people are buying Iodine pills now. If this not considered a serious concern; then I don’t know what is. The least he could do is address the nation before leaving, and Not ESPN on his college basketball picks.

The President knows more about this situation than we the people. I suggest the President address the nation now to prepare or to stop this mass hysteria from building. In either case the President needs to address this nation, and not from AF1.

I guess when it get’s to hot in the kitchen our President leaves.

edit on 16-3-2011 by SJE98 because: added link to NCCA story

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Get real. What should he do? Sit at his desk and chew his nails over something elsewhere in the wolrd he can do nothing about? Face it your jst anti Obama or government or both.

What are YOU going to do about it? Donated yet? Offerred assistance and support of any japanese that live near you or is moaning more something that satisfied you in this case?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think the only "nation" you speak of is the ATS site.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

There's an old saying, " It's not what your doing, it's what it looks like your doing that often times gets you in trouble." If it appears that your doing nothing and don't care, that's how you often times are judged.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I don't see a problem here. Not a big fan of Obama. However I do know there are people who will moan and groan no matter what he does...it's called politics...

What have you done to help? Post all the amazing things you have done besides post on ATS to help out the situation before you start attacking what others are doing.
edit on 16-3-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

obama doesn't give a sh*t about the people, only himself his family and his "family". he lies and mocks you in when he stands up and gives speeches and you's all clap and applaud him. haha, if only you know what he really thought of the lower humans, the slaves.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Nero had his fiddle

Obama has frequest flyer miles.

Pathetic.

1. I don't like Obama, never have and never will.
2. This trip has been planned for a long time. The President of the U. S. is in constant contact with his advisors and is fully able to do his job while away from the oval office. You might say that this position is the original tele-commute job as they have been able to do this since before Kennedy.
3. Let’s put to rest the notion that Nero Fiddled

fid•dle
a. A violin.
b. A member of the violin family.
2. Nautical A guardrail used on a table during rough weather to prevent things from slipping off.
3. Informal Nonsensical, trifling matters: "There are things that are important/beyond all this fiddle" (Marianne Moore).
4. The act or an instance of cheating or swindling; a fraud.
v. fid•dled, fid•dling, fid•dles
Phrasal Verb: fiddle away
To waste or squander: fiddled away the morning with unnecessary tasks.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Definition 3 comes closest to representing the idea proposed but:

Rome may have burned, but Nero didn't fiddle.

It is only an unfounded rumor, albeit an old one, that the mad Emperor Nero started a fire near the imperial palace and then climbed to the top of the Tower of Maecenas, where he gleefully played his fiddle, sang arias from his own execrable operas, and watched the city go up in flames. True, Nero did fancy himself a poet and musician, and often summoned audiences to attend recitals of his composition. But according to the contemporary historian and chronicler Tacitus, the fire which gutted Rome in 64 A.D. could not possibly have been Nero's doing; at the time it broke out, Nero was at his villa in Antium 30 mi. away. Besides, the violin wasn't even invented until the 16th century, although in some versions of the tale Nero plays a lute or lyre.

www.trivia-library.com...
There is some evidence that suggests that Nero helped in the rescue efforts personally and even opened his palace to refugees.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Who gives a crap, he's obviously not a leader to begin with. What is he going to do in Japan anyways, go there to apologize and tell everyone he's sorry for what happened and then leave, wow, that really helps there condition they are currently in. They could probably care less if he even does that, they would probably tell him to shut up and go away he's no help anyways. I stopped paying attention to Obama a long time. He's POS, we all already know this.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

This isn't Katrina, and it isn't the U.S., so... is there an issue? He's the pres.. you think he can't be contacted in an emergency>? please.. let him goto Rio.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by Aggie Man

No , no he is not . He is taking his family on what all in all amounts to another vacation trip . This during what will amount to the largest crisis the modern world has known.

So do you want Obama to be the one giving us the fact's about what's going on over in Japan and how it effect's us? Instead of relying on the Main Stream Media for which every broadcast is something different? They all say something different. CNN/CNBC/MSNBC/CPAK/BBC...

I for one don't see Obama giving us a speech..
edit on 16-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Obama reminds me of tuvok from star trek voyager. very cool and smart like a vulcan.I don't think he gets to excited like bush.This guy is just frosty and i think it disturbs people that think sthe world is falling apart why is he not out there building a mothership intercepting bullets with his eyelids. unless the dude knows it's all over and just wants to party out. I think hes just not an emo.

yeah tuvok

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Didnt Obama sign an executive order to detain people for life despite being legally cleared of any charges by a supreme court !

Close gitmo , I dont think so

" Yes I can detain people for life because Obama says so"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I am not speaking of the site itself, love it. But I am beginning to come to some of these posts for the same reasons I watch MSNBC and Fox News.

I always enjoy a good laugh.

I have read many here speak about "denying ignorance", then I read posts which would seem to reinforce the presence of ignorance and just how rampant it is among many of the posters.

What ever happened to the higher level of intellectual discussions which drew me to this site.

Many are now seeming to suggest our "elected" officials are endowed with some super human abilities which would allow them to end all the problems which might come about with the simple wave of their hand.

What ever happened to the idea which I have seen expressed here: if you are not part of the solution, you must be part of the problem?

It would seem most people are happier "bitching" about problems AND keeping the status quo, than trying to work out solutions which will actually benefit us all.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Obama whether you like him or not is doing exactly what he should be doing, trying to drum up some cash considering the US is the bend over and take it position right now. Yes, what's happpening in Japan is horrific and tragic but he's still got a job to do with regard to his own country teetering on the verge of financial collapse. If he doesn't focus on that job, the next disaster will be in your own backyards, that disaster will be poverty the likes of which your pampered asses haven't seen.

Go drum up some molla Obama, much better than wringing your hands and crying the end is nigh.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
ATS has really gone downhill. The left and right are annoyingly relentless when it comes to shooting insults at each other. In fact they are so busy fighting each other that the real enemy just sits back and collects his/her money.

Who cares if Obama goes on vacation during what you call a "global disaster". What do you expect him to do? Sit in the white house on pins and needles, refreshing ATS pages constantly hoping for some news?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I'm sorry I just posted a reply about such things, but I saw this web URL;

au.news.yahoo.com...

and I could not help but ask the original poster --bluemooone2 -- where their donations are listed?

I guess this makes me no better than anyone else!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by MrXYZ
You do realize he can do everything you ask without being in the country, right? Ever heard of phones, emails, and the Internet?

The physical location of the president matters nothing...unless you're a crazy irrational armchair patriot

Hmmm, interesting answer. Now if this had been President Bush would you still stand by it or would you be screaming bloody murder for the time he spent down at his ranch in Texas?

Of course, because he actually booked those days at the ranch as VACATION!! That muppet of a president took more vacation days than most other presidents. I wouldn't consider Obama's trip to South America a "vacation"

If he didn't go to South America to help stimulate the economy, but would rather go to Japan or wait it out on the West Coast should some of the radiation from Japan make it over (totally improbable btw)...people would argue he's not helping the economy enough. It's people like you, making ridiculous accusations, that take the focus away from the real issues

edit on 15-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Okey, a couple of things. First you missed the point of the post that I answered. Stateing that in defence of obama could do everything from the White House in Air Force One that the same should apply to President Bush, vacation or not.
Number two. If this is supposed to be a "business" trip why the need to bring the whole family? If he's bring the whole family then he must be planning on some play time which equals vacation again.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Obama is clearly going to avoid the toxic rains and quite possibly the other 'disasters' that have been planned. e.g. Californian Earthquake

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Well, at least in the schoolroom photo op he appears to still be in the States.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join