It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Impact of Sex Selection and Abortion in China, India and South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The Impact of Sex Selection and Abortion in China, India and South Korea

www.sciencedaily.com

A preference for sons in China, India and South Korea combined with easy access to sex-selective abortions has led to a significant imbalance between the number of males and females born in these countries. The sex ratio at birth (SRB) -- the number of boys born to every 100 girls -- is consistent in human populations in which about 105 males are born to every 100 females. However, with the advent of ultrasounds that enable sex-selection, the sex ratio at birth in some cities in South Korea climbed to 125 by 1992 and is over 130 in several Chinese provinces from Henan in the north to Hainan in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Examples of social engineering, plus the "law of unintended consequences" at their worst.

I'd read stories about this previously, but this article from Science Daily really helps put the situation in perspective.

It says that in 2005 - 6 years ago - there were 32 million "excess males" in China. The number has to be even higher now. How does a society deal with that? You can't force families to start having only girls, and even if you did it would be another 20 years before that would have an impact - and that impact would be to just reverse the situation so that now there would be an excess of females.

I put this in Breaking Alternative News because of all the "china will take over the world" articles we see in the MSM. I see a couple of possible world-affecting outcomes from this situation. Either this causes chinese society to unravel, pushing them far backwards in the global competition, or it does cause the chinese to try and take over other parts of the world to provide females for their excess male population.

Thoughts?

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

this is a very unpopular topic on ATS. which is currently heavily populated by people who have been preprogrammed to not care what happens to females in particular. i think it's part of the brainwashing inflicted on the populace that will be necessary in order to revolt and kill women and children. alot of this mindset comes from believing old testament type belief systems, which is even present in older versions of buddhism and definitely in vedic faith. judaism and islam also have a dim view of women, particularly the women of other world views. . add to that, the current attempt by the hard left, to reshape the planet by encouraging blacks to be genocidal prejudiced against whites, instead of meeting them on common ground, and there's the final reason to discourage people from caring what happens to females. this is evidenced EVERYWHERE.

the only rationale i can think of for this is population control.

edit on 15-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
imo, china tends to keep its nose out of other nations politics etc... as much as they can while at the same time selling them chop sticks, tv's and even constructing the odd railroad or factory.
i somehow doubt that they will start taking girls by force from other nations but i can definatly see the people applying for residency's and citezenship's in other nations at an increased rate as more people can afford to move abroad and they may seek western looking women to marry and have kids with.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, well there is a certain element on ATS like that, but most people here are more aware, to some degree, then there are the ones supporting the dark side.

This is a huge problem. That 52% male dominance at birth is turned around by age 20, where its slightly more women, in most societies. That is just nature compensating for men having more accidents, being more action oriented, and less concerned with their health overall.

This is a real crisis for countries that have experienced this, and its up to their leaders, to actually ensure this doesnt happen. Or citizens pushing the leaders.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by undo

Yes, well there is a certain element on ATS like that, but most people here are more aware, to some degree, then there are the ones supporting the dark side.

This is a huge problem. That 52% male dominance at birth is turned around by age 20, where its slightly more women, in most societies. That is just nature compensating for men having more accidents, being more action oriented, and less concerned with their health overall.

This is a real crisis for countries that have experienced this, and its up to their leaders, to actually ensure this doesnt happen. Or citizens pushing the leaders.

it isn't just china, either. it's also in india, korea, and several other places in the far east. also, the death rates of women and female children, skyrocket during revolutions. just FYI. first targets in revolutions are always, women, children, the elderly, and the infirm.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
imo, china tends to keep its nose out of other nations politics etc... as much as they can while at the same time selling them chop sticks, tv's and even constructing the odd railroad or factory.
i somehow doubt that they will start taking girls by force from other nations but i can definatly see the people applying for residency's and citezenship's in other nations at an increased rate as more people can afford to move abroad and they may seek western looking women to marry and have kids with.

actually the government isn't kidnapping women from other nations, but the citizens are. there's an epidemic of female kidnappings on shared borders

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, I'm aware of this. The 52% is Canadian and western stats, and that is just natures way of compensating for male losses. It turns around by age 20, which is even more reason to pay attention and watch your boys, they do tend to take more chances than they should while playing.

But, the stats are significantly higher for these patriarchal nations.

I agree it seems to be done so that the world of warcraft can continue to make money for the renegades.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The phenomenon of female infanticide is as old as many cultures, and has likely accounted for millions of gender-selective deaths throughout history. It remains a critical concern in a number of "Third World" countries today, notably the two most populous countries on earth, China and India. In all cases, specifically female infanticide reflects the low status accorded to women in most parts of the world; it is arguably the most brutal and destructive manifestation of the anti-female bias that pervades "patriarchal" societies. It is closely linked to the phenomena of sex-selective abortion, which targets female fetuses almost exclusively, and neglect of girl children.

www.gendercide.org...

i did a study on this topic after having something that amounts to an OOBE. (out of body experience), which revealed some disturbing information about the subject. something like, thru out history, women have been given low status in religious texts, even in pagan and atheist world views, because the "beings" in charge of overseeing the affairs of the planet, hate humans generally, but hate women even more, because they create more humans. so the anti female teachings have been a form of population control, present, thru out the history of human beings. and here we are in 2011, and it isn't getting any better.
edit on 15-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Depends very much how one sees it. One could easily says that it is the other way around aswell; that no one really cares what happends to males, as they are- Males. Males has always been seen as expendable, and if a male gets mugged and shot in the street, people think it is horrible and tragic(Which it is), but if a young woman goes through the same thing, the Media treats it as being the greatest evil that have ever happened.

Sorry for perhaps sounding a bit "dry" on the matter, but while I have fortunately not been a victim of these types of gender-discrimination myself, I have nevertheless seen its ugly face many a times, and it certainly goes more ways than one.

And, if it is population control, then it will probably not be a very successful one, as it will only get parents more irresponsible and spoiled.
Recently, for example, there were an article in the Swedish Media saying; "Boybabies makes mommy sad", claiming that male babies caused a gretater risk for making the mother depressed after birth, than girls.
I can easilly see a bunch of people that are mentally all to easily brainwashed desiding to only have girls, as boybabies are "bad for mommy".

Ah well, soon enough none of this nonsense will probably matter anyways, as The Planet apparently is getting in a crappier mood for every day on its inhabitants.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

i agree there's alot of prejudice in western cultures towards men but i think that's part of the plan. because it wasn't a rational approach. it was an extreme approach. extreme approaches demand opposite responses.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Nightchild

i agree there's alot of prejudice in western cultures towards men but i think that's part of the plan. because it wasn't a rational approach. it was an extreme approach. extreme approaches demand opposite responses.

Perhaps. There is atleast no denying that it is part of someones plan. A very evil plan, made to segregate people because of imaginary conflicts, instead of uniting them.
It is however important to remember that one must neither underestimate the 'Evil' in the "everyday people", and even if there were no leading governmental forces in the World, there would still be lots of prejudices in the World, as that is simply how Humanity works, which is very sad, but yet a fact.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
this started in the days of Mao. He figured China had too many people and implemented a one-child policy, enforced by limiting food allowances. technically you could have as many children as you wanted but the state would only give you food coupons for two adults and one child, leaving the rare multi-child parents struggling to support the 2nd child.
the preference for males was cultural. boys traditionally took care of the parents; girls were little more than property of the husband and helped him with his parents, not hers. couples prefered boys, which would take care of them in their old age.
a shameful part of the Marxist/Stalinist/Maoist legacy.

(source; book called 'Broken Earth'.)
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300212168&sr=1-1

top topics

join