It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Good Japan Quake Map (w/ Social Media Overlay)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Map

All, I do not know how long this map will be up. It is an ESRI map with a social media overlay showing YouTube videos, Flickr photos, and Tweets as well as earthquakes and a shake map.

Click the source link to interact with the map, the following is a static capture so that you can see what it contains. If anyone has a SilverLight map. You may need to zoom in a bit to get the media overlay to appear.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a3ed61fa180.png[/atsimg]

If anyone has any other interactive maps to share please do.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

That's pretty neat but I couldn't get the facebook button to work to share it on my profile

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
reply to post by ararisq

That's pretty neat but I couldn't get the facebook button to work to share it on my profile

I'm not a FB user, so I don't know but I like being able to see where the YouTube videos are coming in from.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is a different interactive map.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

Here is the one I've been using. Just shows earthquakes at realtime but certainly a keeper in my faves folder

Live Earthquake Mashup Map

You may move the timeline and the map as you like. If you click on a marker in either of the two, an info window will open with detailed information on the event, and a link to more information on the website of the feed provider.

If the feed is reloaded after five minutes, the timeline and the map are moved, so that the most recent earthquake is shown in the center of the screen. If you uncheck the "follow" box, the timeline and the map stay where they are. This allows you, for example, to compare the data provided by the different institutions for a certain area.

And, of course, for Firefox users there is the eQuake Alert that shakes your browser everytime there is an earthquake. But you have to use older versions of FireFox for it to work (3.5)

top topics

join