It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi invades Bahrain, unveils itself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Why does everything that threatens US/Israel has to be exterminated?

Because it's generally a better course of action to deal with a threat that offering to buy it more ammunition.

If israel is allowed to have illegal stockpile of nukes, illegal settlement expansion, illegal state, illegal abuse of US taxes than Iran is nothing compared to that.

See, here's an example of the blatant misuse for propagandistic purposes of the term "illegal". Please cite the applicable laws making those things illegal, or kindly retract that statement.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It seem obvious that the extremist Islamic groups are manufacturing these protests. Why are they so weak in Iran? They aren't being bombed by fighter jets? The groups as in plural all have the one and same mission. Kill all the infidel's Anyhow it seems clear that they are organizing the destruction of the governments of our friends in the middle east. I am obviously for freedom but with all the disinformation they have been getting for 50 years they will be ruled by extremists. If Islam is a peaceful religion why do they want all non believers dead? I personally wouldn't have met Hillary today either as a side note However I would have said we want democracy in a press conference. not on facebook But (in Egypt) send some one else... ANYONE ELSE. ha ha and not the puppet.

Food for thought

Jerry

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
you all may want to see these older topics...

the patterns are similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there are BIG forces at work .......

Warning: The Saudis are part of the game!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry much about the Saudi Military. Used to watch them march. All the Smoking and Joking in Formation. Such hams seriously. When we roled up on the Airfield one day, off to the side of the gate was a shot up car. Somebody failed to run the gate. Commander says shoot they do. But tactical Ops I dont know....

As to the theory that U.S. is involved in stirring the Pot. Probably but I have to say that a KNOWN EVIL is better than an unknown one any day. Seems the Arabs are getting antsie for their Savior.That brings out the fundamental religion. Hatetred for anything not Muslim. Bahrain is mostly a western simpathic country.

My bottom line is TPTB seem very busy with plucking down hornets nests and stirring up ant hills and such. WHY?
I am open to some answers.

P.S. It was very funny to watch a couple of Saudi Pilots get out of an F-4 and walk off the flightline holding hands.
Our cultures are that different.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
And so WW3 begins...

second line

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by lspilot6946

US-backed Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf states have invaded Bahrain following Manama's request for military help to quash anti-government protests.

Manama's request...
So their Government asked for help and Saudi Arabia complies. Why does Iran always drag the US into it's propaganda? Doesn't any one else see through their BS?

The Kingdom of Bahrain is receiving illegal military help from its neighbors Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates in an attempt to stop peaceful protests against the despotic dynastic rule, says political analyst in Middle East affairs Ali al-Ahmed.

How is it "Illegal" the Official Bahrainian Government asked for help...
Maybe Iran wants Bahrain to handle their own situation like Iran had when it brutally crushed the peaceful Anti-Government protest demonstration.

Iranian Pot calling Bahrain's kettle black IMO.

it is illegal because it is an oppression against unarmed civilians demanding legit universal rights. ill copy my reply to a member in another thread because it is relevant here and because everybody needs to know this:

"Dude where did you get this misconception? being from bahrain, i will only debate the situation here. do you even know the demands of the protesters here? since when the abolition of corruption, political reforms, stoping discrimination, and demanding basic freedomes for all bahrainis equates to "sharia theocracy" ?!

do you know that many secular groups, along with sunni and shiite groups, comprise the movement that is putting these demands forward? the government is trying to downplay that by claiming that its a shiite unrest and turning the political uprise into a sectarian one. thats how they justified targeting unarmed civilians with military and mercenary death squads in the name of restoring order. it was NOT a security issue all along it was a political one. hence the solution should have been a political solution, not local and foreign armies going after peaceful protesters with live ammo from infantry, tanks, and heliochopters. not to mention the rift that they created between the once united sunni/shiite sects by giving the sunnis an illusion that they are under attack from the shiite through the propaganda machine manifested in Bahrain TV the state tv station.

you, my friend, are spreading lies..

Up with the people, down with the government. power belongs to people, not guns!
"

Bahrain government has gone far above and beyond anything that happened in iran. in iran they contained CIA funded elements aimed at destabilizing the government for obvious reasons. in bahrain death squads in civilian clothes and military personnel are crushing a popular movement with legit political demands. dozens are dead and thousands injured many in serious condition, and they are just starting. big difference there.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
It seem obvious that the extremist Islamic groups are manufacturing these protests. Why are they so weak in Iran? They aren't being bombed by fighter jets? The groups as in plural all have the one and same mission. Kill all the infidel's Anyhow it seems clear that they are organizing the destruction of the governments of our friends in the middle east. I am obviously for freedom but with all the disinformation they have been getting for 50 years they will be ruled by extremists. If Islam is a peaceful religion why do they want all non believers dead? I personally wouldn't have met Hillary today either as a side note However I would have said we want democracy in a press conference. not on facebook But (in Egypt) send some one else... ANYONE ELSE. ha ha and not the puppet.

Food for thought

Jerry

it just happens to be that "your friends" in the middle east happen to be the most brutal and oppressive regimes in the region. coiencidence? i think not. In bahrain, extreme views are faaar less popular than any views that would make it to power in a fair democratic environment. 99.999% of the population just wants to live and let live fairly and squarely. but oppress the masses and extreme views shall flourish which i guess is what the ptb want.

bahrain has been one of the most progressive, tolerant, and multicultural places in the middle east for centuries. way before many "modern" countries got to where they are now. to lable the popular movement against oppression and corruption taking place in bahrain at the moment "islamist extremism" is a crime against humanity and progressive thought. the region as a whole only started developing an anti westren sentiment when it started getting shafted by the west halfway through the 20th century. and this sentiment has always been directed at the governments and their policies, not the people. dont let them make you believe otherwise.

i am from bahrain and we have a large expat community living here from all over the world and preferring it to home in many cases. we set an example in multicultural living that many western countries can only learn from. however, falsly supporting oppressive regimes in the name of protecting western interests can only hurt this multicultural society we have here, and further drive a wedge into east/west harmony.

your brother,

one love
edit on 16-3-2011 by MellowX because: spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
See, here's an example of the blatant misuse for propagandistic purposes

Just like this :
Hillary Clinton declares international information war
(including the blocking of media)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I think you need to wake up and realise that the world doesn't revolve round you and your zionists pals.

Israel will eventually meet it's end and unfortunately at the expense of hundreds and thousands of Western soldiers.

But than again, US doesn't belong to the American people, it belongs to the zionists.

Carry on beating the war drums.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Israel will eventually meet it's end

You do know that if Israel ever goes down it will take the entire Muslim world down with it.

Ever heard of the Samson Option??

The Samson Option is a term used to describe Israel’s alleged deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a “last resort” against nations whose military attacks threaten its existence, and possibly against other targets as well.

Be careful what you wish for.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Obviously you dont know me very well...

Irrelevant as seemingly I have a pretty accurate picture of you on this issue.

I have never defended Obama... or his good ole boy network...

I never said you did. You see the underlined there? It implies you believe Obama runs things. That is not the case, hence the psychosis.

go back and read my posts carefully... just where did I ever say Obama was a good guy???

Never said you did, where do you get this idea from?

What I said and I paraphrase, is he doesnt have the Balls to order the Saudis in Bahrain..

He doesn't have the AUTHORITY to do so. How much of that is hard to understand? If you have something PERSONAL against Obama, which in a country like America wouldn't be surprising. I'm trying my best here not to sound rude.

As for as my psychosis... not yet but come happy hour

Everybody seems to have one these days

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If the US government requests it, how is that "illegal"?

Good question. When governments are supposed to work for the people, as the people vote for them, and said governments mess up bigtime - then, the people have a RIGHT to protest according to a lot of these pfff...so called laws. When these governments break down on peaceful protests they do so in an illegal manner. To bring in mercenaries from neighbouring countries through treaties, while still illegal to violently crack down on peaceful protests, so they may shoot up your civilians...just seems like a desperate attempt at finding loopholes to stay in power.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I personally would prefer that the that United States would simply leave the entire middle east. Oh and stop GIVING multiple billions of dollars every year. Peace in the middle east. I pray for it. But it hasn't happened in 2000 years. Not a good sign of people looking for peace.As far as Israel is concerned. It seems it's a country that can take care for it's self. I am very well aware it's extremely complicated in that region and I couldn't begin to understand it. This however I will Never accept

Hating someone because they don't have the same beliefs as that you do??. WHO CARES what other peoples religions are??? How in any way does that effect your religion. I can't comprehend it personally..It's childish GROW UP!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Ew, Press TV. With GCC intervention and Bahrain’s ambassador to Iran being withdrawn due to "blatant interference", Iran is understandably upset that it’s not all going to plan. Bless ‘em.

More info:

Stratfor - Bahrain and the Battle between Iran and Saudi Arabia

Stratfor - Special Report: Iran and the Saudis Countermove on Bahrain

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by -W1LL

The same happened in Iraq where SAS troops dressed as insurgents shot children, women and men in the street before being busted by local police, only to be busted out of jail(during which a number of innocents died) by an SAS squadron, complete with tanks.

That's a new one, where did you get that from? Even the militia put out a more accurate report than that.

That's mostly the truth and they were plastered all over Al Jazerra and western msm.
They were captured at a checkpoint after trying to shoot there way out (killing a few guards). Their car was searched and aside from weapons they found plastic explosives, a LOT of it.
I'm not sure about the gunning down kids, women and men but these guys were infiltrators on a mission to do something...
The SAS didn't bust them out though, that was mostly the infantry battalion and air assault elements...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would love to see a creditable source that states SAS troops were shooting women and children. Do you even really believe that?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by nenothtu
See, here's an example of the blatant misuse for propagandistic purposes

Just like this :
Hillary Clinton declares international information war
(including the blocking of media)

I'm not sure what I was supposed to take from that. Yes, governments employ propaganda, and always have. I've never said otherwise. Am I supposed to take it to mean that since Hillary and the Obamites are doing it, that it's OK for private citizens to do it as well, and just ignore it?

Nope. Not gonna happen. I call it out when I see it, government OR private sector.

Propaganda runs a gamut, from "good" to "bad" and all permutations in between. Most of the "bad" involves out right lies, like claiming an action is "illegal" when in fact it is not. One can call it anything he wants, but trying to call it something it is not, and being singularly unable to back that statement up, does more harm to the propagandist's cause than it does good, for it WILL be discovered and called out. When exposed to a wide enough audience, it thoroughly ruins the propagandists efforts.

Other forms of propaganda involves "half truths" which are harder to counter, It's become fashionable to include that form under the umbrella of "spin", along with the sort which uses only truth, but in such a way as to concentrate on one facet at the expense of the negative.

It's ALL propaganda, which is, after all, just a method of information (or in worst cases MIS-information) dissemination intended to sway opinion.

Employing untruths is the weakest form, because it is the easiest to destroy. All one has to do is counter with truth, or demand evidence, and the argument vaporizes in the arena where it matters the most, the target arena.

My suggestion for those propagandists who wish to paint this as "illegal" is to come up with an argument making it appear so, without actually employing a word that can be so easily countered.

OR, alternatively, prove me wrong, and cite the applicable laws which make it so.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think you need to wake up and realise that the world doesn't revolve round you and your zionists pals.

Meh. Wish I had a nickel for every time someone called me a "zionist", an "anti-semite", a "government plant", a "paid disinfo agent", an "islamophobe", a "sharia monger", etc., without being able to support their (often contradictory) arguments, and very often in the exact same threads, based off of my exact same words.

Some folks evidently see only what they want to see, as long as it supports their own agenda at the moment.

I am what I am, and no amount of attempted external labeling of me will change the contents inside whatsoever.

I thought it was self evident that the world revolves around a physical spin axis, and not any sort of nebulous political concept, any how.

Israel will eventually meet it's end and unfortunately at the expense of hundreds and thousands of Western soldiers.

Is there some particular reason I should care what becomes of Israel? I note that the warmongering hordes arrayed against it have yet to produce any tangible results, so I have to doubt your assessment - but still, it IS possible. Now I'm left to wonder why I should care either way.

Have you noticed that this thread is about Saudi troops entering Bahrain? Not Israelis entering Bahrain, nor about Saudis entering Israel. Matter of fact, hoss, not everything in this world IS about Israel. Since you pointed that out, WHY do you argue against your own point?

"Zionists"? Really? Catch one and paint him green, then put him on the world stage. I'll wait for that to happen... tick tock, tick, tock...

But than again, US doesn't belong to the American people, it belongs to the zionists.

I dunno where you're from, but we don't 'low no "zionists" 'round here. They'd muck up the landscape, especially in the hordes that the fearful claim they run in.

Carry on beating the war drums.

Thanks for your permission to do so. It really means a lot. Now which war drums are you authorizing me to beat - the ones where the Bahraini government defends itself, or the ones where mobs go on the attack. Thanks in advance for clearing that up for me, you're too, too kind.

edit on 2011/3/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam

You also do know that if israel takes such a suicidal step, the muslim world won't be the only one that will get effected by the nukes?

Everyone will get radiated with the nuclear fallout.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

If the US government requests it, how is that "illegal"?

Good question. When governments are supposed to work for the people, as the people vote for them, and said governments mess up bigtime - then, the people have a RIGHT to protest according to a lot of these pfff...so called laws. When these governments break down on peaceful protests they do so in an illegal manner. To bring in mercenaries from neighbouring countries through treaties, while still illegal to violently crack down on peaceful protests, so they may shoot up your civilians...just seems like a desperate attempt at finding loopholes to stay in power.

Oh, make no mistake, if that ever happens, I'll be too busy punching holes just under helmet rims to worry over niceties like whether or not something is "illegal". I've just not seen ANYONE yet cite any applicable law that supports their contention that such action is, in fact, illegal. Personally, I don't think the legalities of it will bear on my defense against it at all.

NO ONE has been able to cite an actual law that makes the internal upholding of their own laws (against insurrection, for example) "illegal" by any country, US included, and I'd like for once to see a citation to back those claims accompany the claims themselves.

I DON'T CARE if it's illegal or not, and it seems to me that you guys are harming your case more by sitting back and making nice accusations that you can't back up, than by taking effective action, that's all. If the US is ever "invaded" by invitation or otherwise, you guys go on down to the lawyer's office and try to put a case together. I won't be there, I have other things that need doing at that point.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam

You also do know that if israel takes such a suicidal step, the muslim world won't be the only one that will get effected by the nukes?

Everyone will get radiated with the nuclear fallout.

Why would you think that? Back at the height of the Cold War, if the US and the USSR had BOTH cut loose every nuke they had, they couldn't have produced results like that, so how could Israel? Are you saying Israel has an order of magnitude MORE nukes that both the US and USSR had at the height of the Cold War?

Maybe it's just a misunderstanding of the military application of nuclear weapons, and how they function to produce fallout....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join