It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi invades Bahrain, unveils itself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
US supports Saudi, Saudi wahabi supports Bahrain with 'legal' arms to quash peaceful protestors.

Ultimately israel pulling the strings.

Democracy?

Why has media attention suddenly moved from Libya? Gadaffi winning?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Zamini

Obama is a wuss..
Oh he'll blink and sputter, hell he might even soil himself...
but that will be the extent of any US involvement, mark my words

Who supplies arms to Saudi?

I am sure it's not Iran.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by DaddyBare

I was thinking more about how Saudi Arabia sent troops into Bahrain after discussing it with the US or being ordered by the US to do so.

Ya got it all wrong...
It has nothing to do with the US and everything to do with religion and ruling classes...
look at this quote from another story

Bahrain's king declared martial law on Tuesday as his government struggled to quell an uprising by the island's Shi'ite Muslim majority that has drawn in troops from fellow Sunni-ruled neighbor Saudi Arabia.

then down the page it reads...

On Monday, more than 1,000 Saudi troops rolled into the kingdom at the request of Bahrain's Sunni rulers, flashing victory signs as they crossed. The United Arab Emirates and Qatar have said they would also send police.

Story source

Did you catch the part about nasty Shi'ite rebels and Heroic Sunni's???
Like I said before... Obama doesn't have the backbone to go picking anymore fights...
edit on 15-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Who benefits from crushing the 'Pearl Revolution'? Saudi Arabia. It must dominate the OPEC cartel and the supply of oil from the M-E to the rest of the world. If it fails to do so, then it will be unable to maintain its own position. Only by controlling the fuel supplies, restricting them or increasing them when it suits their interests, can the Saud keep up his financial power. That is the only reason that Revolution has not yet come to Arabia - - they can still afford to buy off protesters. What happens when Arabia loses control of OPEC?

Through the mechanism of the Arab League, the Saud and his allies are advancing the cause of Islamism at the expense of counter-Islamist forces like democrats and Gaddafi. Secularists and humanists of all stripes are the enemies of the Saud. It's entirely likely that they aided 'al Qaeda' in setting up their 'revolutionary' forces in Libya before the chaos broke out, it's entirely possible that Saudi agents have instigated that rebellion. Whether or not that is the case, Arabia stands the most to gain and the most to lose by crushing anti-Islamists.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This was my post on same topic different thread. I am reposting because we have similar ideas here.

reply to post by DontTreadOnMe Maybe Shia Iran will quietly arm or even intercede preventing their Sunni neighbors from over running while maybe indirectly Stirring the majority Shia to disrupt the flow of oilwells back home in Saudi Arabia presenting a more urgent need back across that bridge. That will drive oil up and give the three headed imperial monster USUKISRAEL its desire for invasion of Iran setting off WWIII?

since the 5th fleet is there any interference could be framed an US National Security Threat.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Of course it is bad. A soldier will not gun their own nation / mother / sister and so on. A foreign soldier will be more likely to execute such actions. In my opinion - the protesters from Bahrain should encourage the Gandhi - like actions - if the petrol does not get extracted by the little slaves, the masters will also encounter problems. The people will not suffer as the petrol goes to feed untold riches for the elites anyway ..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Zamini

Obama is a wuss..
Oh he'll blink and sputter, hell he might even soil himself...
but that will be the extent of any US involvement, mark my words

Who supplies arms to Saudi?

I am sure it's not Iran.

$60B U.S.-Saudi Arms Deal Sealed

www.foxnews.com...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

That's an amazingly narrow minded take on these events. I guess you still believe the Soviet line that that Afghans "invited" the red army into their country as well.

I'm not the one who eats up everything blindly [like it's manna from heaven] that the Iranian Government spews.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It s more likely that Bahrains rulers wish to crush any unrest,no matter what the civilian cost!
Bringing in Saudi troops takes away the chance that Bahrain troops will refuse to fire on their own countrymen!
Amost like a mercenary force!
Expect things to get messy!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Read this well, Obama is a puppet and you ranting about him as if he has any power to change the way your fascist country is being run is not only a misconception it is a form of, at the very least, mild psychosis. Oh and, of course, it shows part of your true colours.

Obviously you need to do a lot of reading.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I saw this earlier and couldn't believe nobody had posted it on Breaking News. Japan is like a smokescreen.

To me it's all about Iran. Britain, USA and Israel all want Iran gone for sure, too much history between them. They've probably given Saudi the green light to go into Bahrain to try and coax an Iranian response. At least curtail Iranian expansionism.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Is it worth someone start a thread about the Israelis boarding that freighter and finding Iranian weapons including missiles on board with Farsi manuals. Looks like Iran is up to its old tricks again.................. supplying terrorists with weapons of destruction.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

At least curtail Iranian expansionism.

There has never been Iranian expansionism. I like how you speak opinions and rethoric like they were absolute facts even though they don't exist. A very narrow mind!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Read this well, Obama is a puppet and you ranting about him as if he has any power to change the way your fascist country is being run is not only a misconception it is a form of, at the very least, mild psychosis. Oh and, of course, it shows part of your true colours.

Obviously you need to do a lot of reading.

Obviously you dont know me very well...
I have never defended Obama... or his good ole boy network...
go back and read my posts carefully... just where did I ever say Obama was a good guy???
What I said and I paraphrase, is he doesnt have the Balls to order the Saudis in Bahrain..
As for as my psychosis... not yet but come happy hour

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Iran is expanding its influence throughout the Middle East. Iran is building a Mediterranean port in Syria. Iran is backing Hezbollah in Lebanon. Iran is now caught supplying C-704 missiles to Hamas. Iran is expanding its influence and even the blind can see this

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Is it worth someone start a thread about the Israelis boarding that freighter and finding Iranian weapons including missiles on board with Farsi manuals. Looks like Iran is up to its old tricks again.................. supplying terrorists with weapons of destruction.

arms dealers dealing in iranian arms is no better or worse than them dealing in us,european or russian arms, although we wouldnt hear about a shipment of weapons made in one of these nations as it would not be classed as good propoganda by the powers that be.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by Zamini

Iran is expanding its influence throughout the Middle East. Iran is building a Mediterranean port in Syria. Iran is backing Hezbollah in Lebanon. Iran is now caught supplying C-704 missiles to Hamas. Iran is expanding its influence and even the blind can see this

So what if it is?

Why does everything that threatens US/Israel has to be exterminated?

If israel is allowed to have illegal stockpile of nukes, illegal settlement expansion, illegal state, illegal abuse of US taxes than Iran is nothing compared to that.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
from PressTV

The Saudi army going into Bahrain is an invasion because it's aimed at attacking, or containing the population of Bahrain, the majority of the population.

plain and simple if its not illegal its a crime against humanity.

How blissfully "progressive" of you!

Pray tell, if an action is not illegal, how is it a "crime" against anything?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

That's an amazingly narrow minded take on these events. I guess you still believe the Soviet line that that Afghans "invited" the red army into their country as well.

They did. I've got copies of the cables to Moscow if you want them, and can read Cyrillic. The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was thoroughly legal - I've never heard anyone suggest otherwise.

Nature took it's course after that.

edit on 2011/3/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

How is it "Illegal" the Official Bahrainian Government asked for help...

Once foreign troops come to the US to help the government suppress American protestors you'll understand how illegal it is.

If the US government requests it, how is that "illegal"?

You'll understand what illegal is when they're in the streets gunning protestors down.

No, they'll begin to understand what "war" is, not what "illegal" is. I don't think much of anything can drum the concept of "legal" vs. "illegal" into some folks heads. Here's a hint: if you can't cite a law barring something, then it's not "illegal".

Hehe, I'm getting this feeling that a lot of people *wink, wink* will be eating up their words this year ;-))

I'm getting that same feeling, but probably not the people you think, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

If not this year, probably pretty soon, nonetheless.

edit on 2011/3/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join