It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 New Quakes Rattle Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Lots of people live under Mount Fiji
big tourist attraction got a military base nearby...
not going to be pretty if she blows too...

Was looking at another volcano yesterday... it blew back in January this year with spectacular electrical displays after being silent for 52 years. Well it erupted again on Sunday after the quake

Hundreds flee in Japan after Shinmoedake volcano begins spewing ash, boulders

Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear plant meltdowns -- as if the people of Japan didn't have enough to cope with, a volcano began erupting Sunday. Hundreds of people were forced to flee when the Shinmoedake volcano on the southern island of Kyushu began spewing ash and boulders. The explosion from the eruption could be heard miles away and an ash plume extended two miles into the sky.

www.nydailynews.com...

CAPTION:
Lightning dances in Shinmoedake's volcanic plume, the eruption having already led Japanese authorities to call on those living nearby to evacuate. Seen from Kirishima city, the light shows last only for a few moments, but the ash and rocks fall relentlessly between the prefectures of Miyazaki and Kagoshima. One of Kirishima's many calderas, Shinmoedake is 4,662 feet tall. Photo Credit: Minami-Nippon Shimbun

edit on 15-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Only 2? How about more then 200 scince this whole thing started.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I live in Tennessee and have been monitoring the Earthquakes for a couple of months now. I actually started due to the news Arkansas was enduring swarms of Earthquakes and fish and birds were found dead. Its like everything that could be happening, is happening. I will definitely look to the skies and the ground for the next year, thats for sure!

Praying for the people of Japan!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is all so sad. I actually lived there for awhile when I was in the Army and was planning on going back there some day and maybe retiring there. It's such a beautiful country and to see all this tragedy is literally sickening. I have nothing but good thoughts and prayers for the people of Japan and I seriously hope this all comes to an end soon. I am just awe struck by all the continous big earthquakes in the area. It makes me worry about what TrueAmerican said

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still hope to make it my home someday. I know they will recover but they need a break from all this tragedy. I am also a bit concerned by recent activity in a few Super Volcanoes in the same vicinity. I am not a big believer in the whole 2012/Pole Shift catastrophe's, but this is the kind of tragedy that makes you think. None the less I hope things settle down soon.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Here's some fun reading of the last time she went. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
20 MINUTES AGO

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Two new apparently verified earthquakes - not aftershocks.

Although I believe some of the aftershocks have been higher then this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join