It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 New Quakes Rattle Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

2 New Quakes Rattle Japan

abcnews.go.com

The first, measuring 6.2 in magnitude, struck Tuesday night off the coast of Fukushima prefecture, 200 miles (325 kilometers) northeast of Tokyo and near where a massive quake hit last week.

Three minutes later, a second 6.0-magnitude quake rumbled under Shizuoka prefecture, 55 miles (90 kilometers) southwest of Tokyo.

Friday's huge temblor spawned a tsunami that wreaked havoc along Japan's northeastern coast, and officials believe it killed more than 10,000 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Of course these will be going on for days if not months but these two were strong enough to do damage all on their own... lord knows what effect they had on an already crippled infrastructure????

If all that wasnt bad enough there was another headline
Volcano Eruption Piles on Japan's Problems, Delays Flights
Volcano story here

so the poor folks cant even get out of harms way...

Our prayers are with you Japan... good luck to you all
Seikou wo inorimasu

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It is sad that the aftershocks just keep coming and coming. And throw on top of that the threat on a nuclear catastrophe even worse than what is happening now...terrible. Hopefully they can protect themselves and keep the country safe. My thoughts are with Japan!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They need to evacuate all of Japan. Those 6 reactors will go into meltdown. I wouldnt be surprised, since I believe they, the S group, have instigated this attack on Japan. Bush had photos taken in a classroom of children just before the attacks, and now so has Obama. I'm furious right now. But the containment leak in one of the reactors means deadly radiation is leaking out, so they have to abandon ship, the other 2 can't be maintained, and the last 3 will go as well. That nation must be evacuated, most of its going to be a dead zone, and alot of coastlines are going to be affected. The Japanese need to be evacuated. We have a huge land mass, here in Canada, with many resources and a small population.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have watched the quake action with interest since the quake on the 11th. What I find interesting is the continuation of moderately strong quakes along perpendicular fault lines in Japan. Just a couple of hours ago the quake south of Tokyo is right on a trisecting fault line. Check it out and notice how strong it was. My father, who is a professional geologist, says this is a good sign that the activity is not over in that area.

USGS Earthquakes in Japan area.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

officials believe it killed more than 10,000 people.

This is just getting sickening.
My heart goes out to all of the survivors who have lost friends and family. California Are you prepared for when the Big one hits?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

you ain't kidding on look out west coast...
the Pacific ring of fire has been acting up for months!

it's all about checks and balances... take a bit from here and put it over there...
My bet is the stress relieved in Japan just added to the stresses on the north American plates...

Perhaps the most dangerous fault line in the United States stretches from the northern part of California, up along the coast of Oregon and Washington, and into Canadian waters. It's called Cascadia, and for a long time no one knew it was there.
If that goes look out

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well it's not like they don't know it's coming.
I have friends and family in California.
I hope the Governator is ready?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My thoughts and prays go to japan

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Quarter of my heart is gone along with all the victims of the tsunami/earthquake. This is not over and there will be more to come. I wonder how the ocean tides will react during the mega moon and I hope another quake does not hit Japan during this period of time. If everyone in Japan gets evacuated I can only wonder what more life will take away from me/us.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

If it gets that bad,my home is always open to any from Japan who might need shelter. My heart goes out to the great industrious people who make Japan the great nation it is.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

jerry brown?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Any reports of a tsunami after these last 2 quakes?

I can't believe what these people are going thru and it just continues.
Blessings and may Peace be found with Japan.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

More Earthquakes 7.0 Or Above Predicted For Japan Within Next 3 Days Per CNN/Scientists
www.abovetopsecret.com...
en.rian.ru...
www.voanews.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So it is March 15, anything outrageous happen?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

I think there are threads that are a little more appropriate for comments like that.
That wasn't even in the ballpark of being on topic.
But hey, I'm no mini mod so just take it for what it's worth.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Any reports of a tsunami after these last 2 quakes?

No Tsunami its under Mt Fiji

New quake south of Tokyo today

MAP 6.2 2011/03/15 13:31:47 35.300 138.700 10.0 EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN

and this one at 10:30pm right under Mt Fiji and at the joint of the other plate

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f51112abc1ad.png[/atsimg]

To many threads on this can't keep up

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Lots of people live under Mount Fiji
big tourist attraction got a military base nearby...
not going to be pretty if she blows too...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Yeah, and being so industrious is also what kills a lot of people over there. Hardly what I'd call a trait that makes them great.

As far as the plate relieving stress by Japan, and having it add stress to the NA plate, give it a rest. That's totally unfounded, don't make everything into a catastrophe.

reply to post by crazydaisy

A 6 isn't big enough to cause a tsunami.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Only 2? How about more then 200 scince this whole thing started.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join