It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Link for Radiation map in U.S. !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Some anti radiation diet :

Miso soup
· Spirulina, chlorella and the algaes (kelp, etc.)
· Brassica vegetables and high beta carotene vegetables
· Beans and lentils
· Potassium, calcium and mineral rich foods
· High nucleotide content foods to assist in cellular repair including spirulina, chlorella, algae, yeast, sardines, liver, anchovies and mackerel
· Cod liver oil and olive oil
· Avoid sugars and sweets and wheat
· A good multivitamin/multimineral supplement

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

What's the deal with vitamin C? Is it supposed to be helpful in the event of radiation?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I hear American service men were exposed again today and have been given iodine pills,

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

What's the deal with vitamin C? Is it supposed to be helpful in the event of radiation?

Yes ..reduces damage of DNA

Exposure to either ionizing radiation or certain transition metals results in generation of reactive oxygen species that induce DNA damage, mutation, and cancer. Vitamin C (a reactive oxygen scavenger) is considered to be a dietary radioprotective agent. However, it has been reported to be genotoxic in the presence of certain transition metals, including copper. In order to explore the capacity of vitamin C to protect DNA from radiation-induced damage, and the influence of the presence of copper on this protection, we investigated vitamin C-mediated protection against radiation-induced damage to calf thymus DNA in vitro in the presence or absence of copper(II). Vitamin C (0.08–8.00 mM, pH 7.0) significantly reduced DNA damage induced by γ-irradiation (30–150 Gy) by 30–50%, similar to the protective effect of glutathione. However, vitamin C plus copper (50 μM) significantly enhanced γ-radiation-induced DNA damage. Low levels of added copper (5 μM), or chelation of copper with 1-N-benzyltriethylenetetraine tetrahydrochloride (BzTrien) and bathocuprinedisulfonic acid (BCSA), abolished the enhanced damage without diminishing the protective effect of vitamin C. These results indicate that vitamin C can act as: (1) an antioxidant to protect DNA damage from ionizing radiation; and (2) a reducing agent in the presence of copper to induce DNA damage. These effects are important in assessing the role of vitamin C, in the presence of mineral supplements or radioprotective therapeutic agents, particularly in patients with abnormally high tissue copper levels.

www.sciencedirect.com...

i can put link so i put the the text
edit on 15-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Everyone should be aware of this, right at the top of the page of this map.

Please note that this page is under construction, and some of the readings are simulated

Good luck trying to figure out which data is real and which is simulated.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Tasty treats to be sure, but not well absorbed or tolerated when your oral mucosa and gastrointestinal tract lining has sloughed off..
No offense but you dont have a clue of what's ahead of you. Iodine prophylasis will protect against 1% of total radiation risk if things get dirty. Dya think that only radioiodine is produced? The halfllife of the likely isotopes is relatively short, most would decay in a week, yet other stuff lasts for years. Dya think you can rebuild japan with your swiss army knife, too?
That you arent being told your realistic chances or real options or real requirements is also part of the plan, yet another small imaginary bandaide over a most real fulminating cancer. Was a time when people realized they were gonna die regardless they tried a last ditch preemtion or at least took their revenge in order to give their young a chance, not pretending they were gonna be fine if they wasted their last resource and second on a search for a miracle for themselves.
edit on 15-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: i'm decaying

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hey can someone post a link to where i can see the live radiation updates from Japan? I have been looking but even on the radiation network there are only screen shots, The U.S. has the live updates every min or but i cant see where the japan map is doing that. Any help would be appreciated

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

so what good is it? when it says this,

Please note that this page is under construction, and some of the readings are simulated

and right now i think we need real time, with real numbers not made up ones thank you for the thought though.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Lol ..this food only reduces damage ..you misunderstood me

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi folks... I am a lurker who has emerged--and I'm not quite sure how to notify a mod. This thread should really be moved to the HOAX category. The site is to sell Online Ionizing Radiation Detectors and it says that "this page is under construction, and some of the readings are simulated."

Folks--did everyone get that? The readings are SIMULATED. Too many ATSers might click on the link and think they are actual readings. From the looks of this thread--that seems to be the case. Don't forget to check your sources before posting and pointing everyone to important data!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nchant

Nope, I actually called the company and talked with one of the owners do to the fact that we were getting 404 errors this am and the page was static for some time.........

Yes they do sell supples and software for there network........but 100% legit.......the map in the link below is FREE.........and is very vauable which gives off readings........

Although the page does say simulated data.........the data on the free map link below is "actual" readings from those who partipate.......

Always when in doubt, just give them a call as I did...........

www.radiationnetwork.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.radiationnetwork.com...

at the bottom of the page it shows a link to Japan map. I do not see any readings. Does any one here that knows about this sight have any ideas why. Or can anyone give a link to the Japan sight.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
For the So Cal detector, This shows an initial spike up to almost 1000 then 3 separate spikes at around 250 each. Very scary. Also, none of the other regions show this amount of activity. Doesn't look like a test to me.

www.blackcatsystems.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moondust

For the So Cal detector, This shows an initial spike up to almost 1000 then 3 separate spikes at around 250 each. Very scary. Also, none of the other regions show this amount of activity. Doesn't look like a test to me.

www.blackcatsystems.com...

What part of the online Radmap did you click on to get this graph?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join