It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Link for Radiation map in U.S. !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Because old map went offline here is new

Online Ionizing Radiation Detectors - updated every 5 minutes

www.blackcatsystems.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Important to note......

Typical background radiation levels for most of the USA are in the 5 to 18 uR/hr range. Readings can be higher for brief periods of time due to normal variations in radiation levels. They can also be consistently higher for areas at high elevations, or with larger natural deposits of uranium, thorium, radon, etc.

The units are different for this map, so anything above 18 is cause for concern, whereas the other map anything above 60 was questionable and above 130 was cause for concern.

According to this map, there are already areas above 18, so this map makes the situation look more serious already!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Of course the levels look high.....they are selling detectors.
Nothing like cashing in on the populations fear and paranoia.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes I've had that bookmarked. If you read the top of the page it says please note this page is under construction and some readings are simulated. Which blows because that's the only one we have left. I noticed on the other network site it said Colorado was in the upper 60s and this site didn't show it. So I'm not sure if its reliable. Star and flag though.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Good find.

Hopefully people will read your post, or the disclaimer stating that the acceptable levels are 18 but you can get normal spikes as well, and elevated areas will get higher readings.

hope this one stays up

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My last peak this morning at Denver showed 67 and Seatle at 51..............8:00am central time

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I clearly remember the worry all across Europe when Chernobyl blew, I have my fingers crossed for anyone in the path of anything like that and I hope this ends up being nothing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thought you might find these links of use the site says expect fall out by the 18th in west coast states.
Nuclear Fall Out Map
Source

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gunaire

I think that map was proven a Hoax. It may be a different one, but I remember a big ordeal about that map, or a very similar map in another thread.

Most likely the radiation will not traverse thousands of miles. It isn't impossible, but it isn't likely either. There is no way to predict it at this point. To get across the Pacific Ocean, it would first have to be driven very high into the atmosphere. The radioactive particles are pretty heavy, so it is not likely that it will get high enough into the atmosphere to travel thousands of miles.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunaire
Thought you might find these links of use the site says expect fall out by the 18th in west coast states.
Nuclear Fall Out Map
Source

Super, super Hoax map. I posted it before as a joke.

Btw, they haven't used 'rads' since before the walls came down in Russia.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

but it also says that readings can be breifly higher as well. so far i only see 2 that are just over 18 by little. so i personally don't think it's a huge cause for concern

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

oh thank you OP i woke up this morning and the old link was pulled..(or something)

see where I live?

ty

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Again let's not forget that the particles were carried further because of the graphite particles in the Chernobyl incident. It might get to the scale of Chernobyl but because it's just dealing with water coolant its not going to be carried as far from what I understand.

Myself personally right now am more worried about if there is some sort of collective explosion that triggers a tsunami to come across and hit here (vancouver...and the rest of the west coast of course) I don't have a car so I really have no way of getting to high ground quickly and would just have to hope 8 floors up in a concrete highrise condo i'd be okay. Of course Vancouver is not directly on the coast (not the part i'm in anyways) so i think i would manage

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Myself personally right now am more worried about if there is some sort of collective explosion that triggers a tsunami to come across and hit here (vancouver...and the rest of the west coast of course)

If there was another earthquake that caused a tsunami that big you would have enough warning time to walk out of Vancouver. And Japan would probably be wiped off the map.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Everything normal for now ..let stay like this

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
California is reading 24, that is high.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
wtf? why so high on the gulf coast???

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
California is reading 24, that is high.

I't like that all day ...no major changes

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just go to the root of www.radiationnetwork.com... and it works.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Why fuss about all this if you dont have anything to protect yourself with. Iodine? That's not important if the background goes up, it only helps under one small circumstance. Otherwise, if you dont have your own filtration system that can clean your environment, and if you cant decontaminate prperly, save your money for hookers and blow because that will get you more value than sitting in you apartment with all the iodine in the world.
In this instance, ignorance and lack of prior planning and preparedness may be bliss, I mean, you let the country go to crap. Given that this is america the only benefit of knowing in advance that youre gonna start glowing is that you can tell when it's time to start rioting and seeking revenge for perceived or imagined injustices

top topics

<<   2 >>

join