It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Network (US radiation map) Offline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just ten minutes ago, the Radiation Network (US radiation map) was still up and running. As of this moment, however, I am getting a 404 message for the entire domain. Now, this could simply mean that their servers were overwhelmed by traffic and crashed the site (which is a distinct possibility, given the circumstances). However, it could also mean that TPTB don't want us to know the radiation readings on the west coast, as reported by ordinary citizens with geiger counters. Make of it what you will.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

It gave me an alternative website, which is now charging $79.00 for the software. Perhaps it is them trying to profit, or perhaps their site was hijacked and someone else is trying to profit.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

we know because of several other threads on this

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well they wrote their threads while I was still writing mine, smart*ss, because there were no threads on it when I started writing. It was still up as of 6:55 AM. Mods please delete.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No need to be a jerk. It was a very new development and several people were obviously typing up threads at the same time.

Mods Please Delete

[edit]Sorry, I guess I overreacted. I was so excited to actually be the first to post on a breaking news item, and I was a little annoyed that it didn't turn out that way.
edit on 15-3-2011 by OuttaHere because: Because I overreacted

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Dude how was I being a jerk? i really don't care, but I was just informing you of the discussion already taking place on this matter, i'm sure a mod will link the thread in question.

You need to calm down a bit I think.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

that's strange as since it's been down I only get the 404, can you confirm the URL it was directing you to?

================

Here's the already active thread on this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It originally sent me to www.geigercounters.com, and there, on the products listing, below the different geiger counters, was a picture of the Radiation Map I had seen yesterday, with a price of $79.00 - This was listed as Software.

edit on 15-3-2011 by 1curious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This makes me angry, however on a second thought, if the site is down do to overload its not as worring as if its down because any other cause.
Also, today there should show up some effect in "U.S. of A." if any are to be felt from the first blasts. Now its not so convienient this site is down, not at all, cause now more than ever, its important to be informed. I think its an absolute fail not having the enoght bandwith to hold the amount of new visitors that would result in an event like this, an event when this site is really needed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
New map, new thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OK, well, there you go. Turned out to be just a glitch.

new topics

top topics

join