It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6yr old sells art to help Japan's EQ/tsunami victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was watching the news this morning and they had a segment on this 6 yr old girl who wants to sell her art to help the people of Japan.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/458f7739e012.jpg[/atsimg]

When I saw this it actually made me cry. This little girl, Tuesday Musem,6, wants to help others and didn't even think twice about it. In the article little Tuesday says:

"I'm going to give it to people who don't have it, so they can buy more stuff like houses," explained Tuesday.

"I saw people drowning," said the kindergartner.

The mother told her daughter that she would help the victims and donate money online and her daughter asked what she could do to help, so her mom asked what she was really good at and she said art.
The little girls mother had kept her daughters art work from preschool so the little girl picked out the ones she liked most and put those in her collection to sell. She has raised $300 so far. I know some will say it's not enough but if it helps one person it is plenty and the idea that a CHILD thought of this literally makes me cry. I just want to hug this little girl. I think what she is doing is wonderful and good for her to want to help others

source

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Beautiful mblah, I think while it's important to pay attention to the events happening, hope is just as important. That little girl reminds us of the beauty that still exists in humanity and shows us that we do not need to feel helpless and get swallowed by fear and sadness. Hope and to feel loved are among the biggest things that will help the people of Japan survive this tragedy. Thank-you for sharing this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Beautiful mblah, I think while it's important to pay attention to the events happening, hope is just as important. That little girl reminds us of the beauty that still exists in humanity and shows us that we do not need to feel helpless and get swallowed by fear and sadness. Hope and to feel loved are among the biggest things that will help the people of Japan survive this tragedy. Thank-you for sharing this.

And this is exactly why I wanted to share this story on here.

Thanks Kali

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm going to bump my own thread.

There is too much doom on this board right now, this story makes me smile and it's a sweet one at that.
A truly selfless act

top topics

join