It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke. This could be another tunguska Event... Look at this

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
@ DUDE ~

Good thread mate!
and it actually does make a lot of sense!
and I agree.. the data is there to see.

I have been reading this thread since it started, couple days ago..
off an on, and finally got through it all, and can reply.

I was thinking about it today while at the observatory...
So pulled out my laptop and brought it up, and showed it to one of the guys here (President of the astro society)..
and to my surprise... he said.. "you know, Ive actually thought about this before!"

and this guy knows his stuff!

He also said well done!

Thanks for the thread!
its a good one!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

super moon how super is it.
Well you know that thing on earth called water
the moon has an effect on it

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

So let me get this straight. You agree with the OP that the Tunguska event on June 30, 1908 CAUSED the S.F. earthquake on April 18th, 1906?
Would you (or the OP) care to explain how? The OP said in the beginning of his thread that a flying object at Tunguska caused the EQ. Later on, he seems to want to use terrestrial based explanation for tunguska to justify it. Which is it? And if it's a space based object, how did this object effect the earth 2+ years before impact.

Since you seem to be an amateur or professional astronomer are you also saying that you believe the alignment of the comet and earth and sun is causing the last 2 EQs? If that's the case; are you also willing to go on record as predicting another earthquake when the 3 line up again in September?

Thanks if you could answer those questions.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

I have never been sure what caused tunguska, but I have said that both cases could fit....Seriously there is something to this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

I have never been sure what caused tunguska, but I have said that both cases could fit....Seriously there is something to this

Well then give us a reason how and why they're connected.

You give us 2 events that are separated by 26 months and claim they're related but provide no explanation to back it up. Instead you just started asking for flags and to get this thread to the top of ATS.

C'mon man; provide some meat with those potatoes.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club

Well then give us a reason how and why they're connected.

You give us 2 events that are separated by 26 months and claim they're related but provide no explanation to back it up. Instead you just started asking for flags and to get this thread to the top of ATS.

C'mon man; provide some meat with those potatoes.

I gave you a whole lot more then 2 events. Time to reread the thread

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Bolivia

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jpdunbar

well then it goes down in history that I said all of this
edit on 17-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hi Thedude86, I was a poster who found the article about the Tunguska event may have been a tectonic explosion of the kimberlite paleovolcano? See below quote from article or go to page 9 of this thread:

Conclusion
We assert that the Tunguska event was most probably
a tectonic explosion of the kimberlite paleovolcano
caused by a gravitational phenomena
about a time of the solar eclipse 28 June, 1908, but
not an encounter of the Earth with space-bodies.

meetingorganizer.copernicus.org...

Well, I was reading a finding from another poster in the “Earthquake Swam In Arkansas Intensifies” thread. She brought up an interesting article about quartz being a prominent mineral in Arkansas (Kimberlite !).

I searched kimberlite soil and earthquakes and a very interesting article popped up regarding the New Madrid Faultline and the abundance of Kimberlite. Please check out the link. Seems Arkansas COULD be set up to be the next Siberia if the Tunguska type event was ever to occur again and set off a massive earthquake.

"The New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ) during a five-month period in late 1811 and early 1812 produced an earthquake sequence of thousands of earthquakes of all different sizes that constitutes the “greatest release of seismic energy in so short a time ever witnessed and recorded by human beings.” (1) The magnitude of these crustal movements—three of them are believed to have registered well above 8 on the Richter scale—in 1811-1812 was exceptional even for the NMSZ, which we now know generates almost continually smaller earthquakes that we cannot sense, including at earthquake hotspots” such as Enola, Arkansas, and New Madrid, Missouri. (2)

Scientists do not know what causes earthquakes. Most scientists are content theorizing that earthquakes are the result of movements along fault lines in the crust, but they do not know what precipitates the crustal movements in the first place. Recall that Thomas Gold believed, based on his knowledge of astronomy and the composition of other planets in our solar system, that methane gas violently escaping from the earth’s mantle and breaking overlying brittle rock is the cause of earthquakes. Furthermore, diamond-rich Kimberlite pipes and similar structures in various parts of the world, including the central United States, offer evidence of this theory. (3-5) Diamonds are made only in the mantle, which provides needed heat and pressure conditions. The presence of diamonds at the surface of the earth means they got there very quickly, possibly propelled by methane explosive gases. Did you know that Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana have produced huge diamonds? Near Murfreesboro, Arkansas, from what is now known to be a lamproite pipe, more than 100,000 stones averaging 0.25 carat each were produced between 1907 and 1933.

www.semp.us...

What do you think? I know you were specifically looking at San Francisco area for the next big earthquake but when I saw the connection with the Tunguska event I felt it might fit in somewhere.

Great thread by the way!
edit on 17-3-2011 by itsallmaya because: fixing link

edit on 17-3-2011 by itsallmaya because: fixing link (again)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks very much for posting that link to the Cassiopaen stuff. I'm up to page 100 or so at the moment...very interesting stuff indeed!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
and here is more DIRECT evidence that supports not a comet, but the sun and the moon together caused Tunguska. There is also direct evidence that whatever it was caused earthquakes also.....I am serious ATS, I believe California will be hit within a year with a earthquake. Then a Tunguska event will follow. Read this stuff and think about whats happening right now in ring of fire.....this is scary....

www.congrex.nl...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

its qi causing this. a type of it any way

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
rock fractures, gas escapes, and things vibrate. put enough energy into any or all of these things and wammo! power indeed. i believe as tiny beings we "feel" these vibrations. a little burst and we feel giddy. a big event somewhere and a thus far (to my knowledge) unknown energy wave(s) hits us. perhaps a nebula thingy or a big grumble from saturn or the sun. if an asteroid blows up just before it hit the ground the part that gets blasted to the ground directly will incur massive energy spiking. the blast wave from this, more so than the overal asteroid, likely causes a superwave. if any particle involved projects to light speed does this particle tome travel? if so when it slows down does it return?
I say how can we slow down that which is sped up so forcebly?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Solenki

perhaps that which is nearing closer is so massive that it doesn't matter which way we look at our galxy. likely another galaxy. andromeda maybe? ooh, a giant spaceship that eats galaxies! now thats a ship

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The key to the puzzle is that there is more than just gravity involved! The Sun, Earth, Moon, and the comet are all electrically charged bodies moving through plasma. The electromagnetic force is ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE greater than gravity. This is why a relatively small comet can have huge effects.

Fact is, the comet Elenin, Sun and Earth were aligned at the moment of the Japan earthquake!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I saw this, actually the first I heard of this was the interview with Jim Berkland. I for one don't believe in coincidences and for 2 am seriously thinking, the earth is going to put us poor humans in our places. Hopefully it will be a good one.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Its called the ring of fire, if u go to the usgs site you can see how many earthquakes have happened over the last 30 days on the ring of fire. Its a succession of quakes that shake rattle and then roll. In the early 1900's the quakes started and apexed with the 1906 quake, ending in secession with the full moon, planetary alignment quake of 1908. The same thing has been happening since 2009 and the 9.0 quake could be the apex, or it could involve the casacas in which case it would be a 9 or above quake and then begin to flatten out again. Either way the pattern has been the same for over 400 years according to acienct maps and if it stands ture we will get another quake on this side of the pacific plate and it wont be pretty.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Thank you for sharing your perspective. My mind is open to all possibilities on earth (and beyond)...

But...For the past ten years I have studied earth movements as a bit of an amateur geophysicist and YES things are "heating up" under the plates and have been for the last two years or so. The earth is going through some big changes but overall folks across the globe seem to be missing the point.

In the historical accounts of the decline of a civilization (i.e. Egypt, Rome, Easter Island), the people tended to look towards magic or coincidence or astronomical objects as being the cause of whatever ills plagued them after their resources had been sucked dry, land and water poisoned, after the leaders had become so greedy and corrupt little was left of the masses except some type of indentured serfdom and it seemed there might be little or no hope for the future. So what did the regular folks do? Looked to the sky!

That's right, up in the sky or the ether is where this is coming from, some magical power we don't understand and cannot comprehend and most of the time just guess at is making all of this tragedy come about in the world today. It must be the Jupiter conjunction or the fullest moon in a decade or a comet breezing by our planet.

OR

Maybe, just maybe, WE are the problem and WE created many of these problems we face today. WE built the biggest high-density cities in the world where nature should have reigned (and still does). We supported the industries who disenfranchised the poor with the deadly politics of environmental pollution, we let consumerism run rampant for decades and wanted something for nothing (0% down on a house, anyone?). We became so self-absorbed that nothing else mattered but our own comfort and Netflix movie queue. We got mad when fresh strawberries were not available in February or the store was out of the toy we just *had to get our child for Christmas. We are the ones who lost touch with humanity. We don't even hang up our phones anymore when we interact with cashiers at coffee shops or groceries. We treat our fellow humans like robots. We are responsible for overpopulating the planet and consuming resources like we had a spare Earth next door.

I want to believe in magic. I want to believe in coincidence. I want to believe in the new geodynamics of the planet bringing a fresh perspective to life on Earth. I want to believe in something bigger than myself. But I find some of the essential beauty of the Earth is belief systems here are hard to maintain in the existing contradictory collective society.

Bottom line is WE have poisoned this planet, and it's not like we just started yesterday. Some of the tobacco-farming founding fathers of America knew all about raping the land and it worked well because after one plot was exhausted and dead, there was another one down the road for slaves to work while the gentry pocketed the profits. Not much has changed in hundreds of years and although there have been periods in modern history when society has rallied, now does not appear to be one of those times.

WE are the ones who set up terrorists to work for us and now watch them attempting to destroy us or our allies or even their own people. Democracy is just a word now. We have elected greedy liars who told the best tales and spent the most money to show us how smart they were. If they only had self-gain or 19-year-old male pages on the brain we didn't dig deep enough to know. We don't seem to collectively care what happens to the next generation unless it's just our own kids. This is the collective society that has been thriving for a long time now. The non-violent protests across the world in the last months were a glimmer of hope, but we did not take advantage of the opportunity to put down the popcorn and stop watching the world like it was a TV show.

BUT we can still transform the world. Maybe even *through magic or joining empathetic forces or transcending together in some unknown way. We should at least try.

It's been a long week for the planet and it's not over yet. By next week nothing will ever be the same again.

Maybe there is something bigger and cosmic going on, maybe it's bigger than this solar system, even this universe. One thing's nearly for sure...none of us will be here forever.

When I leave this plain I'd like to go without the muddle of..."Hmmmm...what kind of magical, transcendent event (I can only hint at and barely understand) made all the cuckoo end-times stuff happen?" Instead I hope to go on to the next plain retaining some of that good old-fashioned Earthling common sense allowing me to see how the mistakes of this planet and its majority of soul dead inhabitants played a big part in the kaboom, fizzle or wretched continuation of the species.

Somebody's got to learn a lesson from all this...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

not only are you wrong but other threads on here have posted what i have said. talking about earthquakes alone without Tunguska. Sorry to see your not keeping up

I am keeping up pretty good, several other members have already shown that your argument is wrong. You have shown no link whatsoever between the earthquakes which occurred back then before and after the Tunguska event, and recent events, hence there is no evidence pointing to another Tunguska event. 3+2 is not 8

BTW, there is also a thread going around about a member claiming that the dolphins and whales near Japan are retaliating against the massive death tolls that the Japanese inflict upon dolphins and whales, and such a member even claimed that the dolphis have taken over Atlantean technology to cause the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan... Just because a thread, or several, exist doesn't mean the arguments within such threads must be true...

There is a real event which is affecting the entire Solar System, but so far we don't really know what is causing this event. We only have proof of the symptoms, but haven't been able to really observe or even identify the source.

edit on 19-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

and here is more DIRECT evidence that supports not a comet, but the sun and the moon together caused Tunguska.

www.congrex.nl...

That is a more plausible cause, but it is not what you claimed in your op.

There is also direct evidence that whatever it was caused earthquakes also.....I am serious ATS, I believe California will be hit within a year with a earthquake. Then a Tunguska event will follow. Read this stuff and think about whats happening right now in ring of fire.....this is scary....

We actually know for a fact that fluctuations in the Sun's activities does cause earthquakes, I have posted in the past several studies that show this.

Scientists have also predicted that seismic and volcanic activity will increase from 2012-2015.

SCIENCE WITHOUT BORDERS. Transactions of the International Academy of Science H & E.
Vol.3. 2007/2008, SWB, Innsbruck, 2008 ISBN 978-9952-451-01-6 ISSN 2070-0334
ABOUT POSSIBLE INFLUENCE OF SOLAR ACTIVITY UPON SEISMIC AND VOLCANIC ACTIVITIES: LONG-TERM FORECAST

*Khain V.E., **Khalilov E.N.
*Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov,
**International Academy of Science H&E (Austria, Innsbruck)

It has been determined that in the period of solar activity increase (11-year
cycles) there increase seismic and volcanic activities in the compression zone of
Earth and at the same time there decreases the activity in the tension zones of Earth.
On the basis of the discovered stable 11-year and 22-year cyclicalities in the seismic and volcanic activities and their high correlation with solar activity there has been made the long-term forecast until 2018. The next maximum of seismic and volcanic activity with very high amplitude for the compression zones of Earth is forecasted for the period 2012-2015.

www.khalilov.biz...

BTW, if you want to know who Elchin Khalilov (Khalilov E.N.) is here are a few facts that anyone can corroborate...

Dr.Prof. Elchin Khalilov (Azerbaijani: Elçin Xəlilov (born On April, 26th 1959, Baku, Azerbaijan) is a famous scientist in the sphere of geodynamics, seismology and tectonics.

en.wikipedia.org...

I posted the above and other research here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join