It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke. This could be another tunguska Event... Look at this

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by BuzzCory
it will be a real SkinRipper.

Hmm may be, I don't think anyone could have a masters in any subject and still get confused by of and have or were and we're or there and their and we are obviously being targeted by a person or group out to "prove" we're all gullible idiots, so may be you're on to something.

I have no opinion on whether the OP is legitimate or not. I just wanted to point out that poor grammar and spelling do not, in and of themselves, preclude someone having an advanced degree. I am a university professor myself (Anthropology not Geology) and I personally know widely published PhD's with atrocious spelling and grammar. IMO, it has to do with the whole left brain/right brain thing.

The OP may very well be telling the truth (or he may be lying, as I said, I have no opinion on that one way or the other), but don't discount him simply because he can't spell.
edit on 16-3-2011 by ArchaeologyUnderground because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

You have still not answered my very valid question, despite me badgering you.

The only BIG exercise in quake preparedness occurs in April. You clearly stated May. Is there another one?

I see you have edited your posts to take out the word "May". Interesting.

The world has enough problems and you are playing.

By the way, those who are really in the know ain't talking because their jobs would be eliminated.

edit on 3/16/2011 by katfish because: observations

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by katfish

You have still not answered my very valid question, despite me badgering you.

The only BIG exercise in quake preparedness occurs in April. You clearly stated May. Is there another one?

I see you have edited your posts to take out the word "May". Interesting.

The world has enough problems and you are playing.

By the way, those who are really in the know ain't talking because their jobs would be eliminated.

edit on 3/16/2011 by katfish because: observations

Of all the people who have something against me, you're the biggest idiot...Its in may, here you go....and by the way never edited anything to change it from may

www.fema.gov...

Im going to ask you not to respond in my thread anymore

edit on 16-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: had to put him in his place

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
everything is gonna be alright

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

What does that have to do with any of this? Or are you drawing the conclusion because Tunguska was in and around the string of earthquakes in 1906, and are now saying Tunguska's "orbital body" theory was the cause, and we may have a similar one in the future?
edit on 15-3-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

yes

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am confused please help. I began, as most people do, by reading the original post. I had never heard of the Tunguska event, so I put "Tunguska" into my Google search engine and on the first page was a picture of a crater that was found showing something did hit the ground. I then read the entire thread and none of this information has been brought up. Everyone says mid air explosion and no craters were found. How is it that a simple search gives this info and no one knows it? According to the article an Italian team found the crater in 2007. Has this been called a hoax? My original thought was that, due to the earthquakes, the bedrock could have been broken up creating a pocket of natural gas that then seeped out rose and was ignited in the air by static or lightning yet according to the article there is an impact crater and is known as Lake Cheko. It also says it (the crater) is 5 miles from the epicenter. Ok, so as the article calls it a meteor, it exploded in the air and a piece was redirected 5 miles away and created a crater. Now, if the event was caused by EQs than my first thought is valid, however, if the crater is real and it was a meteor than I fail to see the connection in the thread(unless you take into account for Tim Leary's statement that everything that has happened will happen again with accelerated frequency.)

Info sources: thunderbolts.info...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
apod.nasa.gov...

I do and always will accept that "outside influences" ie; Luna, other planets, gravity fields, etc can and does effect our planet and its shifts, so yes, I am open to the possibility. It is interesting, if the info is correct, about Tesla and his packing it up, the day after. Worth more research.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Agarta because: additional statement added

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by savagemoron
reply to post by LogicMan07

Wow....after reading all this thread...I could actually buy into this.

(second)

please help others see that there is actually something to this...people are slamming me for saying the data isn’t there but several people who have looked at it have seen something. I'm really learning something about people today, many just people just hate with out thinking.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Originally posted by csgt428
Here is a link to NASA answering questions about Elenin and more.... astrobiology.nasa.gov... I suppose to those of you convinced that NASA is covering up the truth then this will mean nothing to you. If, on the other hand, you want to inform yourself as nto the truth....here it is.

Answers indeed. Excellent post.

There's still one thing that remains unanswered in my opinion. He says comets cant cause earthquakes for they dont have any magnetic field. Right. Then I must ask: is it just magnetic fields what cause tectonic plates to move? I extremely dont think so. Has anyone heard of GRAVITY? Simple Newton reasonable Laws?

By applying those laws we should assume a 10 km diameter celestial body couldnt affect our Earth?
Couldnt? At all?

No. We should apply this old: F = G (m1xm2)/d2 and check it out.
Of course it would result a ultrasmall force.

So, if a GIANT celestial body was moving out there even without any form of mangetic-field around it could theoretically and by Newtons definition affect gravitationally our dear Blue Marble.

I might be totally wrong, if so please let me know.

edit on 16-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

From the above link to the Nasa article....
" Half a dozen comets have been the target of spacecraft missions, and all of them (even Comet Halley) are less than 10 km in diameter. There is no reason to think Elenin is any different. This means its mass is less than one billionth the mass of the Earth"

The Astrophysicist makes an ASSumption here admittedly... If it is much larger it could have gravitational effects....

edit on 16-3-2011 by csgt428 because: My addition embedded as if part of original quote

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
After reading this I'm now even a little more concerned that I could be correct that a Tunguska event is related to these earthquakes around the pacific ring. This guy thinks that Tunguska was caused by tectonic events. Which raises more questions, given that we are seeing a similar swarm of earthquakes around the pacific?

Seriously ATS look into this. This may show further evidence of the events of Tunguska and earthquakes of early 1900’s being related. If that is the case then is there another Tunguska coming

olkhov.narod.ru...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
tunguska.tsc.ru...

I believe there is a connection to something celestial, which we know is affecting other planets as well. I still say there is an urgency as far as NASA's space program.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by J33761636

I'd just like to say that when I said we are obviously being targeted by an individual or a group I meant the board as a whole in this period of time, not the OP in this thread, I was referring to "Skinripper".

I agree with you on grammar fascism but there really is no excuse for an "of, have" confusion, it isn't a typo it's a lack of knowledge being exhibited, I'm not up on what US educational quals mean but I thought the op claimed to have a PHD, not a degree earned while at work.

Re the op's claims, I'm interested and intrigued and understand that what hit Tunguska could very well have been traveling in the wake of a larger body or even space electricity, my mind is open.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'd just like to say that when I said we are obviously being targeted by an individual or a group I meant the board as a whole in this period of time, not the OP in this thread, I was referring to "Skinripper".

I agree with you on grammar fascism but there really is no excuse for an "of, have" confusion, it isn't a typo it's a lack of knowledge being exhibited, I'm not up on what US educational quals mean but I thought the op claimed to have a PHD, not a degree earned while at work.

Re the op's claims, I'm interested and intrigued and understand that what hit Tunguska could very well have been traveling in the wake of a larger body or even space electricity, my mind is open.

Naw, just a masters...anyone can get one of those, especially with the spelling check programs and all...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I'm not up on what US educational quals mean but I thought the op claimed to have a PHD, not a degree earned while at work.

Never claimed that once, nor did I recieve my degree from work....
seriously it shows how limited your mind is when you cant look at the logic and only the spelling

Fact 1 - Einstein was a horrible speller. After moving to the US, Einstein became completely bilingual but could never recall how to spell words correctly in both German and English.
Fact 2 - Einstein smoked like a chimney. Einstein smoked so much he was a life member of the Montreal Pipe Club.
Fact 3 - After passing, Einstein's brain was removed and studied by scientists around the world. It was found that his brain was abnormal in structure when compared to an average human brain.
Fact 4 - Einstein was notoriously unfaithful as a husband.
Fact 5 - Einstein was a late-talker as a child and did not communicate in full sentences until he was 9 years old.

www.englishryan.com...

now STFU up about grammar

edit on 16-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: putting more people in their place

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I am only speaking to this particular part of your post as this is what I CAN speak of, thanks for the info and insight TheDude86. "A lot of weird things around the world, People are revolting,..." "...Ambassadors being called around, Financial Crisis…" Watch the documentary Collapse, and it will clearly answer a lot of questions and misunderstandings concerning those topics.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I like this prognosis. Never thought about the Tunguska event being near the time of the 1906 quake but it sure was.

The real problem is that mainstream accepted scientific theories all proceed from the assumption that gravity, and gravity alone, is the only force acting upon the Earth or anything else in space. However, no one can explain what gravity actually is, or how it has the magical "action at a distance" effect. This is because they are leaving a huge factor out of the picture, and that is the electrostatic force, which is 27 ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE GREATER than the puny force of gravity.

The Earth, and the Moon, and all the comets, are electrically charged bodies moving through the radial electric field of the Sun. Comets flare up and even explode, because their eccentric orbits bring them rapidly through areas of different electrical charge with not much time to gradually equalize charge, thus their propensity to discharge huge glowing jets of plasma, huge comas, and of course to shatter apart from the force or even explode.

As stated on here, and by other quack science, "we KNOW that comets are made of ice", has been PROVEN totally wrong. Comets have no water at all, we now KNOW from the Deep Impact probe. This has been glossed over by "science", and even by "education", but if you check it out you will find it is true.

For several years the electrical theorists have predicted that the fatal blow to modern comet mythology will come from the absence of sufficient water ice or other ices on a comet nucleus to produce the jets and coma. This prediction has already been fulfilled, but the message has yet to register. After repeated failures to find any water on comet surfaces, NASA spokesmen celebrated the “success” of the Deep Impact mission when they thought they had found, on the surface of Comet Tempel 1, a minuscule .005 of the water required by theory to explain the signals associated with water in the coma.
When findings repeatedly discredit an accepted model in the sciences, it’s time to consider the findings from a different vantage point –to look for a pattern that has been missed. For the electrical theorists, the pattern is too obvious to be missed. The unexplained features are predictable effects of an electric discharge, and nothing that an electrical expert would look for is missing from NASA’s discoveries.

Comets are glowing from attempting to equalize their negative cathodic charge as they move closer to the positive anode which is the Sun. This is why comets often explode spectacularly, when the electrical stress builds up to unsustainable levels.

Earthquakes and volcanoes are also electrical phenomena. Usually they are accompanied by lightning, which is conveniently swept under the rug. Plate tectonic theories are wrong, as is the idea that the Earth is filled with magma, which sometimes vents to the surface as lava from volcanoes. This is where all the theories of the Earth being filled with magma, with a solid iron core that somehow spins at a different rate than the crust. This is simply to explain the Earth's mysterious magnetic field, caused by the "dynamo effect" of the differently rotating crust and core, ignoring the FACT that magnetic fields are created by electric currents.

Stating as a fact that the Earth is filled with magma, "proven" by the lava coming from a volcano, is comparable to popping a zit on your skin, and then stating that it PROVES your body is entirely filled with pus. Stating as "fact" that earthquakes are caused by tectonic plates moving as they somehow "float" on the magma is similar.

An earthquake is more comparable to underground lightning, with the quake being the "thunder". A strong enough discharge will come to the surface as a volcano, accompanied by lightning like "bolts from the blue".

The Tunguska event appeared to be a bolide, or comet, coming near the Earth but not able to handle the electrical stress and exploding. This very well could cause extensive earthquakes as it approached, affecting the Earth's charge as well.

How does this tie in to what is happening today? Well, I think pointing out the correlations between what is happening now and what happened then is solid reasoning. The approach of the Super Moon, and/or the comet Elenin, could easily be causing earthquakes and volcanoes as they affect the Earth's electrical charge in relation to the Sun, much like the charge was affected by the approach of the Tunguska bolide.

In the Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 37–71, 2003, there is an excellent report that addresses the more down-to-earth problems facing geophysicists trying to understand earthquakes. The paper is titled, Rocks That Crackle and Sparkle and Glow: Strange Pre-Earthquake Phenomena, by Dr. Friedemann T. Freund, a professor in the Department of Physics, San Jose State University, and a senior researcher at NASA Ames Research Center. Dr. Freund writes, "Many strange phenomena precede large earthquakes. Some of them have been reported for centuries, even millennia. The list is long and diverse: bulging of the Earth’s surface, changing well water levels, ground-hugging fog, low frequency electromagnetic emission, earthquake lights from ridges and mountain tops, magnetic field anomalies up to 0.5% of the Earth’s dipole field, temperature anomalies by several degrees over wide areas as seen in satellite images, changes in the plasma density of the ionosphere, and strange animal behavior. Because it seems nearly impossible to imagine that such diverse phenomena could have a common physical cause, there is great confusion and even greater controversy."
Freund outlines the basic problem, "Based on the reported laboratory results of electrical measurements, no mechanism seemed to exist that could account for the generation of those large currents in the Earth’s crust, which are needed to explain the strong EM signals and magnetic anomalies that have been documented before some earthquakes. Unfortunately, when a set of observations cannot be explained within the framework of existing knowledge, the tendency is not to believe the observation.

I could go on and on. I am very interested in this and fully subscribe to the electric universe theory, but never had put the Tunguska event together with the 1906 earthquake, I think this is a real breakthrough. We shall see how it turns out as the Super Moon approaches along with the comet Elenin.

Here is a fascinating article that scratches the surface of possible earthquake prediction: spectrum.ieee.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The history of ideas gives no concern to the conceits of men and their careers. The puffed-up pretensions of one era’s science soon (in historical time) become the wind-blown rags of another era’s superstition. The only serious error is taking the ideas too seriously.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
miur.academia.edu...

A FIFTH gravitational Anomaly....

Don't know if anyone has posted this link yet. Discusses a much more massive body out there somewhere which is having an effect on the orbit of Saturn....
edit on 16-3-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I like this prognosis. Never thought about the Tunguska event being near the time of the 1906 quake but it sure was.

I could go on and on. I am very interested in this and fully subscribe to the electric universe theory, but never had put the Tunguska event together with the 1906 earthquake, I think this is a real breakthrough. We shall see how it turns out as the Super Moon approaches along with the comet Elenin.

Here is a fascinating article that scratches the surface of possible earthquake prediction: spectrum.ieee.org...

Thank You for seriously considering this. Many other members attack immediately because of what my career choice is. A lot of emotional points but very few objective logical ones…..thank you

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

miur.academia.edu...

Don't know if anyone has posted this link yet. Discusses a much more massive body out there somewhere which is having an effect on the orbit of Saturn....

Its a tuff read. Need a PHD to look at it. But it is talking about what you said

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

miur.academia.edu...

Its a tuff read. Need a PHD to look at it. But it is talking about what you said

Just read the Abstract and the first paragraph or so till they get to the math.....Pretty much summarizes the conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join