It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke. This could be another tunguska Event... Look at this

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzCory
reply to post by Thepreye

Hmm may be, I don't think anyone could have a masters in any subject and still get confused by of and have or were and we're or there and their and we are obviously being targeted by a person or group out to "prove" we're all gullible idiots, so may be you're on to something.

Thank you. Here's Mr Educated talking about soil "liquidfaction" (liquefaction to the rest of us) in a thread about some land in Japan appearing to be breaking up post-quake:

First one here:
"This is an event called soil liquidfaction. This is not an uncommon event during wet grounds during an earthquake. I deal with maps all the time that show soil liquidfaction. Structures do not hold up during an earthquake when the ground is like that. Cool video to actually witness live. I work with a Emergency Management Agency and deal with earthquakes."

2nd one here:
"Its liquidfaction. I prepare for earthquakes for emergency management agencies"

Note how his career is rapidly going in an upward surge: he's gone from one emergency management agency to working with several agencies, & is currently with Homeland Security.

I could go on, but why bother? Understand something please, I'm not dissing the people who come to this thread with fascinating contributions to submit for consideration.
However, there is such a thing as taking an admirable trait like open-mindedness to the level of a fault, when it overrides one's critical thinking.

I have been a long time lurker, probably since pre-katrina days and finally felt compeled to make an account to address this thread.

I must first start by saying that having a degree in Emergency Management is not that big of a deal. It is in fact one of the fastest growing careers worldwide, think about how many more disasters we face today due to population increase and dependence on the infrastructure in place. Calling the OP out on his grammer does not prove anything for me, I know people who are in fact in a masters degree in Emergency Management and Homeland Security and to be honest many posters on here are probably more intelligent than some of those individuals.

When the OP states that he works in the field of Emergency Management and works with various agencies, this would be absolutely correct for anyone who is involved in that line of work. As much as I would like to call the OP out his story does sound somewhat credible.

On the other hand someone with just a little bit of knowledge on how the whole disaster response thing works would be able to tell you the same information. He states that he is working directly with NLE 2011, this could also be true considering the size and scope of the exercise but again, with a little bit of internet research you could learn everything about NLE that you wanted excluding the obvious specifics.

I feel obligated to respond to this thread for a simple reason, I myself am involved in the field of Emergency Management and have worked DIRECTLY with the New Madrid Fault including exercises that included the DoD, FEMA, DHS and many other alphabet soup agencies. The OP stated that he was working on surveying bridges or something of that nature that could be affected by the quake... Well I too have worked on projects that involved mapping out potential bridges that could fail during an earthquake in that region.

Let me ask the readers of this thread a few questions... Do you believe me and what I am saying? Do my credentials sound okay? What would make you believe that what I was saying was in fact the truth?

I actually had nothing to say about the subject of the OP's thread since I am in the field and know that speculating hypothesis like this are fine and dandy but when it comes down to it there are plenty of real life hazards that need to be addressed.

Am I cointelpro? Am I am government disinfo agent? Am I a troll? Am I telling the truth? The honest truth is that unless I present to you some concrete proof that I am who I say I am then it is all up to opinion. Maybe you came to this thread because you were interested in the material being presented, maybe you were just wasting some time checking out all the different topics that are hot today, but I urge all of ATS to stop and think for just a second who is sitting behind the screen on the other end of these posts. You may never know who is lurking, I would not be surprised if many prominent individuals frequented this site and yes, you may get the occasional poster who is in a place where they might be privy to certain information that the public does not have access too but take everything with a grain of salt my friends.

NOTE: I am not trying to slander the OP but merely pointing out an interesting social observation. I am not saying that he is telling the truth about his credentials but I am also not saying that he is a liar, that decision is up to you as well as my back story.
edit on 16-3-2011 by J33761636 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The Elinin comet is a very interesting topic and the dates of alignment are amazing according to what has happened here on earth.Since Elenin has lined up with earth and possibly caused the Chile and Japan quakes what has happened to the other planets when lined up with Elenin and the sun? Mercury,Mars,Venus,Saturn, Jupiter..... Anything ? If there are other planetary disturbances during alignments of the other planets then you would have a little more info to back your idea.To do that you would have to see the other planetary alignments coordinated with dates and see if there was anything out of the normal on those alignment dates according to the planets.Good luck.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by J33761636

Am I cointelpro? Am I am government disinfo agent? Am I a troll? Am I telling the truth? The honest truth is that unless I present to you some concrete proof that I am who I say I am then it is all up to opinion.

My opinion is that you're very likely THEDUDE86, using your same old SkinRipper tactic of creating a secondary alternate ID to bolster your original post. Sure, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. And, as I said earlier, if it turns out I'm wrong, I'll take comfort in the fact that my behavior here is far from the silliest thing I've seen on this site.

BTW, this isn't a hostile attack; I find your stuff entertaining in a slightly twisted way, but that's just me.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What a pile of crap ATS. I just had a informative post about quakes in Europe and Germany intending to shut down its reactors because of the events in Japan. And you leave this # up? sort it out Mods.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Breath-taking deduction, good work. It fits.

Planet Earth could be effectively reacting to some other celestial object aproaching. It could be not, but if it was it would be reacting this way.

That would not be a conspiration, these would be just Laws of Nature in motion to which we are all largely subjected to. So - we could be in fact doomed.

By naturally applying laws of gravity, Solar System works as a very accurate Meteor-Shield for Earth. A shield with no breaches that could fail in "pulling" a big-enough body.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
The Elinin comet is a very interesting topic and the dates of alignment are amazing according to what has happened here on earth.Since Elenin has lined up with earth and possibly caused the Chile and Japan quakes what has happened to the other planets when lined up with Elenin and the sun? Mercury,Mars,Venus,Saturn, Jupiter..... Anything ? If there are other planetary disturbances during alignments of the other planets then you would have a little more info to back your idea.To do that you would have to see the other planetary alignments coordinated with dates and see if there was anything out of the normal on those alignment dates according to the planets.Good luck.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All very interesting posts and great thread...
Indeed, Elenin apparently will pass between the sun and earth 9-9-11

which to me has an even more interesting meaning since 9/9/11 is 2 days or around the anniversary of 9/11...but even 9/9/11 one can see 911 in the date.

So with all this talk about comet ELENIN, perhaps its time to point this out to everyone:
groups.google.com...

Look at the name, subject, DATE and poster... the same one who posted the previous warning about 9/11 back in 1998 warning of a GREAT EMERGENCY to occur on 9/11 that Google removed www.1forums.mobi... (if you'd like to see what that post said they removed recently, pm me)

Coincidences?

So With that said, I think my post is worth a bump at this point

seems Sollog, 9Nania, ElNINe, and (comet ELENIN) are about to become legends?

Perhaps Trent Reznor can shed some light on this one, cuz the rabbit hole keeps going and going and going...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Haven't been able to go through all of this, but the scientific consensus for Tunguska is an airburst meteorite. Hard to see how that could be connected with earthquakes. If an impact meteorite, then I could see a possible connection, but not seeing it here.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Tunguska event is sometimes blamed on Nikola Tesla and testing his energy transfer machine to gain more funding. It co-incided with his quest for extra funding around 1908. Any incoming object that struck at Tunguska could not be cyclical in nature and not happen again now possibly. The incoming planetary/comet,asteroid object, which everyone probably thinks is on the way (as we are overdue something as reckoned by Sitchin and other ancient reports), could be pushing in space garbage and asteroids before it, which we will see and have been seeing the last couple of years (with reports constantly being posted on ATS). The earthquakes could be as a result of Perturbations of this heavy gravity object?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

You are just the usual bitter guy.
Being arrogant, claiming that piezoseismology could probably in a certain way predict what happened in Japan. And to back it up...a youtube video.

Indeed, no geologist, geophysicist, geoscientist never heard of piezoseismology...as it is nothing but scam.
As not recent scientific publication ever used this term, searching google for piezoseismology gave us me and my colleagues a great time of laughing.

Don't bother to convince me, I won't look at the 22 youtube videos.

I won't say that I am an expert in seismology, I'm a Ph.D student mainly working on limestone petrophysical properties. And even if I don't cop with THEDUDE theories...reading you was really funny.

Keep denying ignorance ATS, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is a link to NASA answering questions about Elenin and more.... astrobiology.nasa.gov... I suppose to those of you convinced that NASA is covering up the truth then this will mean nothing to you. If, on the other hand, you want to inform yourself as nto the truth....here it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I see this topic really took off. The variety of opinions are interesting and even compelled people to create accounts just to post here.
Whether or not the dude is working with FEMA doesn't bother me. I find it interesting that a large comet is entering our system and could be affecting the Earth just as the early 1900's in relationship with the ring of fire.
I really do not see any fear mongering, just speculation from a theory. I guess we will find out soon enough with the projected alignment dates from this comet.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by J33761636

The Spooks are out in full force!

MAN THE TORPEDOS...WE WANT INFORMATION, INFORMATION...
edit on 16-3-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I see this topic really took off. The variety of opinions are interesting and even compelled people to create accounts just to post here.
Whether or not the dude is working with FEMA doesn't bother me. I find it interesting that a large comet is entering our system and could be affecting the Earth just as the early 1900's in relationship with the ring of fire.
I really do not see any fear mongering, just speculation from a theory. I guess we will find out soon enough with the projected alignment dates from this comet.

How do you know it is large???? Do you have any information you could share?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
After the birth of our sun, it was surrounded by millions of celestial bodies; composed of stone, nickel iron and cometary objects.

Then, they all started too collide with each other. With each collision, some bodies asorbed oher bodies, coalescing into or 9 or 10 planet solar system; with alot of moon's, asteriod's and comet's thrown in.

The last mega-impact for our Earth, was an impact collision with our moon. Earth, asorbed a huge chunk out of the moon. Then the moon started orbiting, around our Earth, being only a couple of hundred miles away at first, too it's present distance from Earth by about 250,000 miles.

MY theory is that after the collision, that piece of moon that Earth asorbed, started major volcanic activity, forming a huge single land mass. This land mass eventually split apart, somehow, forming continents and the tectonic plates.

I believe the force of the moons gravity, is a major player on the movements of the tectonic plates.

Since our last glacier period, some land is sinking [Like the Eastern Shore of Maryland], because the huge weight of the glacier pushed up the land in front of it. Now, it is sinking, because of the glacier retreat. Some land is rising because of climate change, like Greenland, because the land mass is relieved of the glacier weight when the ice melts and runs into the sea.This process could have an effect on our tectonic plates.

Lastly, I believe, many tektite's were found at the tunguska impact site, signifying a cometary impact.[somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this.]

Also, how can you tell the difference between Earth water[be it salt or fresh] and comet water?

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: typo error

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few wods

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

70 Millions years...this is the age of the oldest rock found beneath ocean.
That's what the guy is saying, gently showing a map of the oceanic crust, no problems...even if the colors match the age...even if on this map given by "the scientific community, available for all" the oldest rocks are colored in blue...even if in the geological time scale, used as a reference for all geological maps, blue refers to Jurassic.

Early to Middle Jurassic...-200 to -165 Million years ago...no problems at all.

Of course, fossils are only found on land...yeah...excuse me while I look at my thin section coming from an Ocean Drilling Program...counting my fossils of bivalves, lamellibranch, oyster, fish scales, some sea urchin. Good things all of those organisms lived on the land...(facepalm time)...

I won't go any further in this kind of videos as each time I do, I'm showing signs of eczema.

You want to deny ignorance, deny youtube videos (and to some extend wikipedia articles), go to your local library, talk with scientist, teachers and researchers. We don't bite, we give lectures, we write articles for all and most of all, we don't do conspiracies just for the fun of it. Researching cost hell of a lot of money, especially in the public universities and we don't spend it on doing fantasy for kids.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rodrigolt

Originally posted by mugger

How do you know it is large???? Do you have any information you could share?

I never have once said what organization I work for so I find it amazing the this thread has established that I work for FEMA or DHS. Many of you have even sent me messages trying to say I am a government agent and starting all this fear to get people scared and to trust FEMA. I am NO secret government agent. I am not some crazy troll trying to stir up a commotion and establish fear.

I find it astonishing how many of you say I didn’t support with any data. Please plot the Earthquake locations around early 1900’s on a map. Notice the earthquakes that happened along the Pacific ring. Now look at the time span of these quakes. Notice the short amount of time for them to occur. Then look at what happened about a year and a half later, Tunguska….Now if it was a meteor or comet that’s cool, but could (could) it of caused any sort of disturbance in the plates? Gravity and mass are a hell of an interesting thing when things are moving fast and spinning. Then, I brought up the idea of a car tire spinning. It’s a very large mass, but a small weight to balance the tire can make a huge difference at 75 miles an hour down the highway. Could something like a celestial body be causing small shifts in plates that end up turning into large earthquakes?

Then other members brought up possibilities of it coming around every 100 years or so. Other members brought up the fact that there is a comet that’s out there right now. Other members have brought up the super moon? These are all excellent thoughts, this is why I wanted ATS to help figure some things out…..
All I have said is something was possibly pulling on the planet 100 years ago caused some earthquakes and then boom Tunguska. It just so happens that some of the same earthquakes in the same amount of time are going off again. Could this have something to do with a Tunguska like event or a Celestial Body?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rodrigolt

Check puterman's elenin thread in space exploration

link

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I didn't say you were working for FEMA, but most can assume so from your fist post.

So I want to begin this thread by saying I have a masters in Emergency Management, a background in homeland security
I also would like to state that I work DIRECTLY with the New Madrid Fault exercise.

edit on 16-3-2011 by mugger because: add

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by csgt428
Here is a link to NASA answering questions about Elenin and more.... astrobiology.nasa.gov... I suppose to those of you convinced that NASA is covering up the truth then this will mean nothing to you. If, on the other hand, you want to inform yourself as nto the truth....here it is.

Answers indeed. Excellent post.

There's still one thing that remains unanswered in my opinion. He says comets cant cause earthquakes for they dont have any magnetic field. Right. Then I must ask: is it just magnetic fields what cause tectonic plates to move? I extremely dont think so. Has anyone heard of GRAVITY? Simple Newton reasonable Laws?

By applying those laws we should assume a 10 km diameter celestial body couldnt affect our Earth?
Couldnt? At all?

No. We should apply this old: F = G (m1xm2)/d2 and check it out.
Of course it would result a ultrasmall force.

So, if a GIANT celestial body was moving out there even without any form of mangetic-field around it could theoretically and by Newtons definition affect gravitationally our dear Blue Marble.

I might be totally wrong, if so please let me know.

edit on 16-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So I want to begin this thread by saying I have a masters in Emergency Management, a background in homeland security,

When you said "background in homeland security", I just assumed that you neglected to capitalize the department name, not that you had a general background in homeland security. Not to take a swipe at your grammar, but given the grammatical tone of your posts, this was an easy mistaken assumption to make. My bad, sorry.
However, I stand behind everything else I said in this thread.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join