It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke. This could be another tunguska Event... Look at this

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

Just another fearmongerer to me.

ATS is chock full of such people. There should be an age restriction in place (18+ only) to keep the young trolls away.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Tunguska could've been caused by geophysical conditions.For example lake Baikal gas hydrate layers fracturing and gas is then released into the atmosphere where it could float around until it is ignited.
Just a theory.
Maybe the Super Moon could be that celestial object that is causing the quakes and could trigger events like Tunguska or maybe it's a comet.Maybe it's both.
Very difficult things to prove.
Anywhere there has been been quakes in the last 200 years are possibilities with what has happened the last few years.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Good Point. I was working and never noticed it.

Can I say it got shifted to the 22nd to the 25th because of a celestial object changing it's course on the galactic plane?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
So if I understand you correctly, you are theorizing that the intense quakes of th early 1900's around the pacific rim was due to the possible effects of an incoming planetary body. Not plate tectonics, and that the correlation between then and now coincide. I wouldn't think a small body such as the Tunguska meteor would have enough mass to effect the Earth other than an impact.

A planetary body I would imagine could easily effect tectonic plates (given the right circumstances), and there is another object in our solar system that people hyped up about aligning with Earth, Mars, Jupiter, and the Sun on March 4th. The objects physics were claimed to bring effects to our planet by the 15th of March. It's March 15th and Japan has been destroyed by earthquakes, tremors, tsunami, and resulting in a nuclear catastrophe. On that, Earth has had so many earthquakes of a larger scale, and our weather; country sized blizzards, monster hurricanes, volcanoes, and add that into our solar storms, and other space weather.

The Ring of Fire will take North America next I believe. Give it three weeks. That seems to be the time period between major earth quakes. (And the big one gets bigger each time.)

link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Sorry Duplicate!
edit on 15-3-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by ker2010

Can I say it got shifted to the 22nd to the 25th because of a celestial object changing it's course on the galactic plane?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

ATS is chock full of such people. There should be an age restriction in place (18+ only) to keep the young trolls away.

www.2012hoax.org...

Got that right! Looking at the posting rules I see that I should have added some commentary about the link I posted...Uhhh, well seems that the old 2012 earth entering the Galactic plane and all the rest is pretty much a pile of cr@# !

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Duplicate

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by csgt428

www.2012hoax.org...

Got that right! Looking at the posting rules I see that I should have added some commentary about the link I posted...Uhhh, well seems that the old 2012 earth entering the Galactic plane and all the rest is pretty much a pile of cr@# !

That link you put is the only pile of crap I see here.... move along with that garbage.

2012 has nothing to do with the site you posted... that link is simply to dispel a common misconception of a play on words, nothing more.

2012 is not about crossing the galactic plane or lining up in the middle of the galaxy... where that ACTUALLY comes from is the Ouroboros and the Mayan observation of the Sun appearing to rise in the center of the Ouroboros (milky way) when both could be seen at sunrise. This only happens once every 5K years. You are completely confused. Get your facts straight please.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hmmm, on the other hand there is this....www.2012hoax.org... Apparantly this is where the Mayan calendar connection comes in. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

www.2012hoax.org...

That link you put is the only pile of crap I see here.... move along with that garbage.

2012 has nothing to do with the site you posted... that link is simply to dispel a common misconception of a play on words, nothing more.

2012 is not about crossing the galactic plane or lining up in the middle of the galaxy... where that ACTUALLY comes from is the Ouroboros and the Mayan observation of the Sun appearing to rise in the center of the Ouroboros (milky way) when both could be seen at sunrise. This only happens once every 5K years. You are completely confused. Get your facts straight please.

~Namaste

You are absolutely correct...If you look at the time on my last post you will see I was correcting myself even as you.were.... Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Hmmm, on the other hand there is this....www.2012hoax.org... Apparantly this is where the Mayan calendar connection comes in. Interesting.

Just in case of confusion...this link is not the first one I posted. It actually has some interesting info in it though the conclusions seem a bit self serving and unsubstantiated.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by ker2010

No No you got it all wrong. Comet Elinen which is actually a brown dwarf was suppose to cause the pole shift today. It was actually towed into our solar system by a class 3 reptilian civilization. They want to kill us all. They decided to put the brakes on it till the 26 th when at that time they will shoot it pass Earth thus knocking us into a pole shift. Something came up were one of their leaders couldn't make the event so they postponed it as he really wants to see us destroyed in person.
edit on 15-3-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Great Post!

Certainly a large enough comet or meteoroid could influence things. It would be purely speculative, but if the moons gravity pulls on the Earth the same all the time then even a small forcing in an opposing direction could cause havoc. Like spinning the bit of an old fashion drill before each blow. Without the spin or release of pressure the drill is stuck fast, but can dig endlessly if the binds are broken. So long as it didn’t smack us, we should only see easier plate movement and increased volcanic activity. That is if these small objects would have any effect at all!

On that note the same process would allow one big quake to cause many more seemingly unrelated events even on the other side of the world. I for one have always questioned the assumption that the plates move at a steady rate, so this is just genius to me. I wonder what other events we might be able to look at?

I have often wondered about these kind of influences, but generally have only considered more distant massive objects. You do have to wonder why Yellowstone and others have a 600,000 year eruption cycle, or what influences the Milankovitch cycles etc. I tell ya what would be really spooky, is if we were able to piece together a correlation between the great extinctions in Earth’s history and the effects of passing celestial bodies.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
So I want to begin this thread by saying I have a masters in Emergency Management, a background in homeland security...I also would like to state that I work DIRECTLY with the New Madrid Fault exercise....

I regards to above comments, and the insinuation that the west coast of the united states is in danger, what are you doing to prepare the people of said region in regards to said impending disaster. It would seem to me that tackling the first and more...obvious, connection with these events would be more concerning than the ponderance of other influences.

Originally posted by rickybobby1626
I just thought this would be interesting to share
video.foxnews.com...

Is far more concerning and ....reliable, in comparison to this thread so again i will ask....
What is being done , by people "in your position" about the possibility of more emmediate events?

While i find the topic interesting and the idea of an "outside influence" plausable and possibly likely,my mind keeps returning to this question.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The phenomenon will be called "The Solar Twitch" , a planet will move slightly out of orbit, this will cause the Moon to move closer to Earth.

This resulting gravitation pull will cause havoc to the planet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ok settle down people... the fact is... plates shift inside the earth. Earthquakes happen and the after effects occur. I believe that any astrological anomolies might be warranted if in fact they were charted and proven but we need an expert to prove this theory.
Maybe there is a pattern... I'm no expert but I don't think the plates of the earth give any sway to a pattern so to speak. The stress occurs and the plates shift. NO brainer.
Yes the west coast is due for another BIG quake in the grand scheme of things... but I do not believe that there is a pattern for the shifting of the plates. They shift when they are stressed and that is about the sum of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pegasi51
Ok settle down people... the fact is... plates shift inside the earth. Earthquakes happen and the after effects occur. I believe that any astrological anomolies might be warranted if in fact they were charted and proven but we need an expert to prove this theory.
Maybe there is a pattern... I'm no expert but I don't think the plates of the earth give any sway to a pattern so to speak. The stress occurs and the plates shift. NO brainer.
Yes the west coast is due for another BIG quake in the grand scheme of things... but I do not believe that there is a pattern for the shifting of the plates. They shift when they are stressed and that is about the sum of it.

Stressed of what?
Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.
I dont see the sum of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Anyone have an idea how small a bit of neutronium might be and still be stable?Might suggest a possible hypothisis for Tunguska,as well as quakes.As to people acting funny in the head,in my experience they need little invitation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So I have a theory..
since by now I hope we all know that (PhysOrg.com) -- The March 11, magnitude 9.0 earthquake in Japan may have shortened the length of each Earth day and shifted its axis.

www.physorg.com...

I believe it to be more possible that a celestial body like the one being discussed in this thread is more likely to cause such an event that would speed up the earth rather then a magnitude 9.0 earthquake. A celestial body could in theory affect the earth's rotation if it's gravitational pull is strong enough causing the earth to spin faster and in turn causing some earthquakes. It is also good to point out that many volcanoes have become increasingly active.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join