It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urged to Seize Reins as Crises Pile Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

People that like to try and blame Bush for Katrina, conveniently forget that it takes the federal government about 3 days to ramp up a response to any kind of large emergency

Obama got aid to Japan the very next day...and yet it took Bush three days to get to New Orleans???

Nice try bud...keep at it...it is amusing.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

Miss Bush yet?

Ugh. Why does everyone ask that? I saw a frikkin' billboard with his mug shot on it asking me that as I was driving down the highway one morning. LOL Was Bush some awesome president or something? Not. Obama isn't much better...mostly just SSDD. I do NOT miss Bush, nor will I ever.

One day, maybe, if we're super lucky, we'll get some leaders that might actually care about our country.

What are you talking about? Bush was a leader. Obama couldn't lead a 2nd grade field trip. I Hated Bush for years, That was until this Hack took over, and now I know how good we had it under him... and I miss him more and more every day...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

People that like to try and blame Bush for Katrina, conveniently forget that it takes the federal government about 3 days to ramp up a response to any kind of large emergency

Obama got aid to Japan the very next day...and yet it took Bush three days to get to New Orleans???

Nice try bud...keep at it...it is amusing.

The "aid obama provided" was already in Japan. So, what took obama so long?

Lousy try --- "bud"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Strange that took me 30 seconds to find...

A desperate 30 seconds, no doubt.

Desperation was not the emotion, but rather genuine sadness knowing there are folks that need to cling to thier bitter idealogy so badly that they ignore plain truths.

And to that point you never responded to my question as to why a Fox journalist would sit through an exhaustive press briefing and then pretend it never happened...

Whether you admit it or not, we both know the answer...the difference is that you simply don't care about the facts or the truth...just keep eating what they feed you.

Originally posted by maybereal11

The Weekly Radio Address is not a Press Briefing.

The SAME MORNING that he gave the weekly radio address the President held a press Conference..

March 11, 2011 US Position on Libya at President Obama’s Press Conference

Obama addresses a wide range of topics from the Japan earthquake and offering aid to Japan and then went on to address the US position on Libya and the U.S. Budget plus the republican bill and spending cuts.

www.politicolnews.com...

Strange that took me 30 seconds to find...but FOX somehow missed it...but instead focused on the Weekly Radio Address ..

Were they not there at the press briefing minutes before?

Special kind of dishonest, FOX is...of the Propagandist nature.

edit on 16-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Give the break, he's been doing a ton. Boogie boarding in Hawaii, having Superbowl parties with J-Lo, tossing Motown parties, picking brackets and telling folks that when they are enjoying the diversion, think about Japan and toss them a few coins. Hell, most importantly, he's been able to shave a couple of strokes off of his golf game.

Now for what he has not done:

- He was MIA when the Iranians were standing up two years ago

- He was MIA during the Gulf Oil spill, among other things, letting the bogus Law of the Sea treaty from letting other countries come in with their fleets and help. Who had the largest and most efficient ship that was offered up? Japan

- He has been MIA on confronting the immigration issue beyond ignoring pleas from Arizona, stating that he won't enforce the existing laws and will even go so far as sue the state for enforcing federal law. Oh, well at least we can now have Mexican trucks flow across the border.

- He delegated the health care legislation to Pelosi and Reid, enabling the creation of the unconstitutional disaster we're currently saddled with.

- He has neglected to implement any legitimate financial regulatory reforms that might at least help prevent future financial meltdowns

- He has submitted a budget that neglects to address the most pressing of our long-term economic problems and actually calls for more spending

- He took days to speak out during the Egyption uprising due to a "scheduling conflict"

- He was MIA in offering any legitimate assistance to Australia in the aftermath of their recent flood. Despite the fact that Australia has been one of our strongest supporters

- He was MIA in offering any legitimate assistance to New Zealand in the aftermath of the ChristChurch earthquake.

- Currently he is MIA on any legitimate response to the issues in the Middle East. Letting France take the lead, implying that the UN needs to be in the drivers seat. Now that might be the right decision, but we have not really heard anything but banalities from him. What is the rationale for his current actions or lack of action?

- On Japan, sure he's offered assistance and has sent assets to the area. He should be out attempting to calm the markets. He should be on TV providing a US response to the conflicting statements about the radiation. He could be talking about what he thinks this means to our energy policy, short and long term. He should be discussing how the crisis might impact our economy, both in general and in terms of the large amount of US debt owned by Japan.

His job is to lead. His job is to demonstrate that he has command of the issues and has opinions about how to effectively deal with them, agree with those opinions and decisions or not, these are serious issues and he has an obligation to explain his views on them beyond teleprompter speaches, bromides offered by the press secretary and trumping low end administration officials out like Sec Energy who noone ever heard of and inspires zero confidence.

Should he be going to Rio? Sure. Brazil is an important country and a rapidly growing economy. Should he be making a vacation out of it? Absolutely not. He should consolidate the trip to the critical issues at hand, leave the wife and kids at home (or at Camp David) and show a bit of urgency and seriousness. A large part of being a leader is showing empathy. It would appear that he simply does not have the capacity to show any. Thats unfortunate, both for him and for the country.

Now I'll get hammered and sooner or later called a racist. OK. Before you do that, tell me what he has done. Give me an accomplishment, a sustainable accomplishment. I like the gent. I think he is a nice guy, smart, a good father, etc. He is wholly unqualified and unprepared to hold the position he now holds and it has become painfully obvious, to Americans and to the international community. You can go down the road to the Men's Warehouse and find suits on the rack with more in them than this gent. If he is not going to lead, or can't lead then he should announce that he won't seek a second term and put someone out front. Joe Biden is a knucklehead but at least he has opinions and is not afraid to speak them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
He's not out of touch with his goal which is to make money and clear some space on the planet for his employer. He's an adolescent that was allowed to jack a car he could never have on his own and is having his way with it. You know what happens to the car in such cases dont you?

Good point. I'd star it except that THE ATS STAR FUNCTION is disabled for you and your posts.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Give the break, he's been doing a ton. Boogie boarding in Hawaii, having Superbowl parties with J-Lo, tossing Motown parties, picking brackets and telling folks that when they are enjoying the diversion, think about Japan and toss them a few coins. Hell, most importantly, he's been able to shave a couple of strokes off of his golf game.

Now for what he has not done:

- He was MIA when the Iranians were standing up two years ago

- He was MIA during the Gulf Oil spill, among other things, letting the bogus Law of the Sea treaty from letting other countries come in with their fleets and help. Who had the largest and most efficient ship that was offered up? Japan - The $20 Billion account was setup under his order.

- He has been MIA on confronting the immigration issue beyond ignoring pleas from Arizona, stating that he won't enforce the existing laws and will even go so far as sue the state for enforcing federal law. Oh, well at least we can now have Mexican trucks flow across the border. - He has but everytime he tries to say or do something the multi trillion dollar lobbying firms who exploit immigrant labour always griped and fought against him every step of the way.

- He delegated the health care legislation to Pelosi and Reid, enabling the creation of the unconstitutional disaster we're currently saddled with.

- He has neglected to implement any legitimate financial regulatory reforms that might at least help prevent future financial meltdowns - Bank bailouts banned, circuit breakers implemented after 1987 crash are reactivated, stopped this mess cold whereas they can no longer tank the nation.

- He has submitted a budget that neglects to address the most pressing of our long-term economic problems and actually calls for more spending - Not enough income coming in via outsourcing caused this mess as well as tax breaks for the rich.

- He took days to speak out during the Egyption uprising due to a "scheduling conflict" - He waited until he got factual and accurate info before speaking about this.

- He was MIA in offering any legitimate assistance to Australia in the aftermath of their recent flood. Despite the fact that Australia has been one of our strongest supporters - New Zealand is independant from Australia so Canberra has nothing to do with the affairs of Auckland.

- He was MIA in offering any legitimate assistance to New Zealand in the aftermath of the ChristChurch earthquake. - He did and we have.

- Currently he is MIA on any legitimate response to the issues in the Middle East. Letting France take the lead, implying that the UN needs to be in the drivers seat. Now that might be the right decision, but we have not really heard anything but banalities from him. What is the rationale for his current actions or lack of action? - As said with the Egypt issue he waited for accurate and factual info before speaking about this.

- On Japan, sure he's offered assistance and has sent assets to the area. He should be out attempting to calm the markets. He should be on TV providing a US response to the conflicting statements about the radiation. He could be talking about what he thinks this means to our energy policy, short and long term. He should be discussing how the crisis might impact our economy, both in general and in terms of the large amount of US debt owned by Japan. - To calm the markets is not the job of POTUS but that of the exchangehouses to make sure that simple speculation won't drive the market down like it has been doing.

His job is to lead. His job is to demonstrate that he has command of the issues and has opinions about how to effectively deal with them, agree with those opinions and decisions or not, these are serious issues and he has an obligation to explain his views on them beyond teleprompter speaches, bromides offered by the press secretary and trumping low end administration officials out like Sec Energy who noone ever heard of and inspires zero confidence. - Everytime he makes an attempt to lead the entire GOP, Baggers and Neo Nazi's tear him a new one and gripe and complain bitterly all because the issues he's targeting goes against the interests of the GOP, Baggers and Neo Nazi's.

Should he be going to Rio? Sure. Brazil is an important country and a rapidly growing economy. Should he be making a vacation out of it? Absolutely not. He should consolidate the trip to the critical issues at hand, leave the wife and kids at home (or at Camp David) and show a bit of urgency and seriousness. A large part of being a leader is showing empathy. It would appear that he simply does not have the capacity to show any. Thats unfortunate, both for him and for the country. - He is there on business and not pleasure and has yet to go to another nation while on vacation which his last was in Dec 10 for like a week when he went to Hawaii over the Christmas holidays.

Now I'll get hammered and sooner or later called a racist. OK. Before you do that, tell me what he has done. Give me an accomplishment, a sustainable accomplishment. I like the gent. I think he is a nice guy, smart, a good father, etc. He is wholly unqualified and unprepared to hold the position he now holds and it has become painfully obvious, to Americans and to the international community. You can go down the road to the Men's Warehouse and find suits on the rack with more in them than this gent. If he is not going to lead, or can't lead then he should announce that he won't seek a second term and put someone out front. Joe Biden is a knucklehead but at least he has opinions and is not afraid to speak them.

Answered in quote!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by Billmeister
The whole Middle East/North Africa situation reminds me of the fall of communism. With the billions and billions of dollars invested in the intelligence agencies, they failed to see yet another, massive global upheaval coming.

As was the case with Reagan, the administration seems to have been caught totally by surprise, and is scrambling to come up with a policy.

>snip

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Strange that took me 30 seconds to find...

A desperate 30 seconds, no doubt.

Desperation was not the emotion, but rather genuine sadness knowing there are folks that need to cling to thier bitter idealogy so badly that they ignore plain truths.

And to that point you never responded to my question as to why a Fox journalist would sit through an exhaustive press briefing and then pretend it never happened...

Whether you admit it or not, we both know the answer...the difference is that you simply don't care about the facts or the truth...just keep eating what they feed you.

The Weekly Radio Address is not a Press Briefing.

The SAME MORNING that he gave the weekly radio address the President held a press Conference..

March 11, 2011 US Position on Libya at President Obama’s Press Conference

Obama addresses a wide range of topics from the Japan earthquake and offering aid to Japan and then went on to address the US position on Libya and the U.S. Budget plus the republican bill and spending cuts.

www.politicolnews.com...

Strange that took me 30 seconds to find...but FOX somehow missed it...but instead focused on the Weekly Radio Address ..

Were they not there at the press briefing minutes before?

Special kind of dishonest, FOX is...of the Propagandist nature.

edit on 16-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

maybereal11, maybereal11 ...

I know you are trying your best to deflect, but this thread isn't - actually none of these threads - are about me.

And Fox News, Fox News, Fox News ...

Such a "broken record" with some of you. The rest of us know that you hate Fox News because you are afraid of Fox News. Afraid of how it shines a light on all the liberal BS you love and that the MSM tries its best (for you) to cover up though "non-reporting". Far from being believers in the 1st amendment, you would stop at nothing to see Fox News banned from the airwaves - because you are afraid of it. After all, if liberal ideology was really so great, why on earth would you have to try and silence any opposing views?

Can you answer that question? If you can't, your arguments are basically over. You have failed.

Truth is that the people have spoken - through the ratings. Compared with Fox News, there are very few people paying attention to the MSM. Now before you even go there, the ratings are NOT because the population as a whole is ignorant and/or stupid as you might like to believe. Nor are liberal elitists more intellectual or more advanced in any way over the general population that prefers Fox News.

So, is everyone (a huge group after only 2 years) that's pointing out obama's faults really wrong???

You wrote:

Instead, maybe it's you (collectively) that's been wrong all along. Maybe you were in fact writing about yourself and your fellow liberals (and obama defenders) with your comment about people "clinging to your bitter ideology" ...
edit on 3/17/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

. The rest of us know that you hate Fox News because you are afraid of Fox News. Afraid of how it shines a light on all the liberal BS you love and that the MSM tries its best (for you) to cover up though "non-reporting". Far from being believers in the 1st amendment, you would stop at nothing to see Fox News banned from the airwaves - because you are afraid of it. After all, if liberal ideology was really so great, why on earth would you have to try and silence any opposing views?

Can you answer that question?

Sure. that's an easy one.

Confronting BS is the precise reason we have "freedom of speech" and "Freedom of the press".

I am a devout fan of both.

Calling Fox and Fox puppets like yourself on thier BS claims is not anti-free speech...just the opposite.

Confronting lies and dishonesty...is not the same as demanding silence...it is precisely the reason we have "freedom of speech" and "freedom of the press"

Pretending that being confronted on lies is an assualt on free speech is ironically one of the most ignorant, oppressive arguments I can imagine....

We have a right to lie to you without being called on our BS!!!

This is the typical defense of fanatical right wing idealougues when they or thier propagandist, Fox News gets called on distortions and lies.

Any other "questions"?
edit on 17-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Truth is that the people have spoken - through the ratings. Compared with Fox News, there are very few people paying attention to the MSM.

Your are confusing entertainment value with credibility. People watch Fox because they are sure to see someone saying something outrageous.

That and the average "progressive" is more apt to get thier news from multiple sources and come to a reasoned conclusion while the average "far right" idealougue sees Fox News as a one stop shop to get thier talking points.

Thus it makes sense they would have a larger captive audience.

as far as credibility...CNN, NPR even local stations have always had Fox beat...ten years running now.

people-press.org...

Lastly given Fox's credibility, or lack there of, I am not quick to believe their ratings numbers either

But have at it...Fox sure has a lot of dedicated viewers that look no where else for thier facts, but I think it says more about those Fox lovers than it does the American people as a whole who tend to look to multiple sources for thier news.

Bring it to ATS and expect it to be fact checked...we Deny Ignorance here...If your claims cannot survive factual scrutiny then don't make them here, but whining that challenging outright BS is somehow trying to "silence" Fox news...please...try a Fox News blog or something.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Truth is that the people have spoken - through the ratings. Compared with Fox News, there are very few people paying attention to the MSM.

Your are confusing entertainment value with credibility. People watch Fox because they are sure to see someone saying something outrageous.

That and the average "progressive" is more apt to get thier news from multiple sources and come to a reasoned conclusion while the average "far right" idealougue sees Fox News as a one stop shop to get thier talking points.

Thus it makes sense they would have a larger captive audience.

as far as credibility...CNN, NPR even local stations have always had Fox beat...ten years running now.

people-press.org...

Lastly given Fox's credibility, or lack there of, I am not quick to believe their ratings numbers either

But have at it...Fox sure has a lot of dedicated viewers that look no where else for thier facts, but I think it says more about those Fox lovers than it does the American people as a whole who tend to look to multiple sources for thier news.

Bring it to ATS and expect it to be fact checked...we Deny Ignorance here...If your claims cannot survive factual scrutiny then don't make them here, but whining that challenging outright BS is somehow trying to "silence" Fox news...please...try a Fox News blog or something.

Cherry-picking to deflect from the topic of the OP at it's finest.

And anyone can do it, not just you.

source

As for Dunn's complaint about Fox News' coverage of the Obama campaign, a study by the Pew Research Center showed that 40 percent of Fox News stories on Obama in the last six weeks of the campaign were negative. Similarly, 40 percent of Fox News' stories on Obama's Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, were negative.

On CNN, by contrast, there was a 22-point disparity in the percentage of negative stories on Obama (39 percent) and McCain (61 percent). The disparity was even greater at MSNBC, according to Pew, where just 14 percent of Obama stories were negative, compared to a whopping 73 percent of McCain stories—a spread of 59 points.

So, Pew Reasearch says it is Fox News that is "fair and balanced", and not the other networks.

You got something to actually add to the original topic of discussion?

edit on 3/17/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join