It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urged to Seize Reins as Crises Pile Up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
All I'm saying is...it's 3 a.m. somewhere.

3:12 am here.... and all's quiet on the Western Front.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Miss Bush yet?

Ugh. Why does everyone ask that? I saw a frikkin' billboard with his mug shot on it asking me that as I was driving down the highway one morning. LOL Was Bush some awesome president or something? Not. Obama isn't much better...mostly just SSDD. I do NOT miss Bush, nor will I ever.

One day, maybe, if we're super lucky, we'll get some leaders that might actually care about our country.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
In my considered opinion only, Obama has never been a leader to the American people. He said "Change we can believe in." Well? Where is the change, people? All I can see is more and more of the same, the rich taking it all, and the poor going without, and then the rich try to take away what dignity the poor have left. Draconian laws put into place by Bush/Cheny/Rumsfeld/Rove are still in place, more land is declared "government property." and the water is now "government property." A good job for an average American citizen is non existent. Health care is health scare to most, but still many have no health care at all. Japan is going throught the toughest time it ever has before, and what is Obama doing today?
www.whitehouse.gov...

With all due respect, I earn a decent wage, without the assistance of a union I might add... unless you think 80K+ annually for a 45-55 hour week is raping the worker; I can afford health care WITHOUT the government forcing it on me; I can afford most anything I want. However, the price of gasoline hasn't really returned to the level it had under Republicans after the oil companies raised it when it seemed apparent a Democrat would win the presidency.

But you did summarize the topic well:

... and what is Obama doing today?

to which I respond:
He's done as much as he can to take things away from me and yet has offered nothing to help me move ahead. A little ironic, if not moronic, for the party calling themselves "Democratic", i.e.: for the people.

edit on 3/16/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
The whole Middle East/North Africa situation reminds me of the fall of communism. With the billions and billions of dollars invested in the intelligence agencies, they failed to see yet another, massive global upheaval coming.

As was the case with Reagan, the administration seems to have been caught totally by surprise, and is scrambling to come up with a policy.

>snip

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by centurion1211

Dear OP, in the ensuing melee I believe you overlooked my question regarding your highly erudite source:

If it were truly fair and balanced I would expect an EQUAL number of opposing views rather than the overwhelming majority from the Republican side, no?

For someone who touts integrity beyond reproach and flaunts esteemed ATS credentials I'm certain it was a mere oversight. Thanks.

And from another source that is NOT Fox News:

Where is the president? The world is beset. Moammar Khadafy is moving relentlessly to crush the Libyan revolt that once promised the overthrow of one of the world's most despicable regimes.

So where is the president?

Japan may be on the verge of a disaster that dwarfs any we have yet seen. A self-governing nation like the United States needs its leader to take full measure of his position at times of crises when the path forward is no longer clear.

This is not a time for leadership; this is the time for leadership.

So where is Barack Obama?

The moment demands that he rise to the challenge of showing America and the world that he is taking the reins. How leaders act in times of unanticipated crisis, in which they do not have a formulated game plan and must instead navigate in treacherous waters, defines them.

Obama is defining himself in a way that will destroy him.

It is not merely that he isn't rising to the challenge. He is avoiding the challenge. He is Bartleby the President. He would prefer not to.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Thanks for the benefit of your reply, tongue lashing and character assessment. Please note the use of a few key phrases:

Originally posted by centurion1211
Like so many, you apparently love to confuse....

You also apparently love to...

Unfortunately, many such as yourself...

Wow, talk about inference and fallacy. Do you still beat your wife?

I legitimately question a "news" source for an article that you cite as gospel and you proceed to question my scruples and ability of deductive reasoning. While I commend your use of other sources in other threads we are discussing YOUR topic and OP.

As you yourself admit most News organizations are fraught with inherent bias. However FOX NEWS has been busted time and time again for blatant spewing of misleading propaganda. (Showing violent protests during the peaceful Wisconsin Union protest, Showing LAST YEAR'S Ron Paul CPAC announcement, Showing larger crowds at Palin book signings and Glenn Beck rallies to name a few recent examples.)

The article in your OP had no author. It was a "store brand" wholesale product of the FOX NEWS propaganda machine. It offered a roughly 3:1 ratio of Republican slanted sources/quotes/opinions. I am fine with that given the context. WHAT I AM NOT FINE WITH IS YOU SUGGESTING IT IS TRUTH.

But thanks for the free psychological evaluation. I can now cease my life-long quest for higher learning and self enrichment. I suggest you drop off your Jr. Psychoanalyst Module at the shop for a firmware update.

edit on 16-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If Obama is taking an isolationistic approach, I may be willing to condone that if he is truly taking that approach with every aspect with regards to both political and economical perspective.
If he's just waffling in the tradition of oh so many democrats' actions... then I say:
miss on you to pister, go back off in your own jack yard. you ain't mucking fuch. yuck fuo!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Look ...

My point - and you know it - is that you and many here seem to be saying a news source critical of the obama administration automatically equals story "not valid".

How exactly is that "deny ignorance" if you refuse to even consider multiple viewpoints. No, a couple of better descriptors for that kind of thinking are "tunnel vision" "closed-minded" and "dogmatic".

Let me remind you all that I also praised obama for his Tuscon speech. He gets praise when he deserves it, but unfortunately many people believe as time goes on that he does not do much to deserve praise. Are you entirely pleased with his performance to date? If not, why are you almost robotically defending him?

Anyway being unhappy with his performance is on obama, not me - or the people writing the articles. That's why I said to stop trying to shoot the messenger ...

Really, you have a beef with all this? Maybe you should be questioning obama and not the news.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And a post from another similar thread that IMO sums up the issue:

People: govt spending is out of control, what are we going to do?
Obama:

People: What are we going to do about the middle east riots?
Obama:

People: What are we going to do about Qadaffi murdering civilians?
Obama:

People: What are we going to do about the Japanese disaster?
Obama:

People: Who will win in March madness?
Obama: Duke!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Really, you have a beef with all this? Maybe you should be questioning obama and not the news.

I do question Obama. I no longer defend the man after Gulf Oil Spill, Afghanistan troop escalation and failing to support WI union protesters. Three strikes. But I defend my vote at the time given the choices and I will always lean left.

However, I have an intimate understanding of the news and media industry which is why I'm so harsh on FOX News and I will forever be against any political party that turns their back on less privileged in favor of supporting the rich and wealthy. I suspect neither of our opinions will be swayed so I'll retain my sword and call it a draw. You defended your position with a modicum of integrity this time so we'll spar another day. Over and Out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I love honest brokers.

You have my sincerest respect.

I fall elsewhere on the political spectrum from you, and in all honestly, I would have enjoyed being proven wrong concerning Obama and the ideology of the left. That didn't happen, and I am reasonably convinced that is the case because the underlying foundation of the left's view of governance is all wrong.

Just jumpin' in to say, I like your honesty.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Obama needs to keep his focus on domestic issues as his top priority. To trash him and to say that he must ignore all domestic matters makes the person calling for it Anti American as his job focus is stateside above all else.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You no longer defend Obama? Then why waste all that time replying to a thread by attacking the source? Every post you made was a attack on the op's source, not actually discussing the matter at hand. This is what is wrong in politics today. Never deal with the issue at hand deflect it into a myriad of "what is wrongs". And since the op did bring up sources other then fox what is your opinion of how the POTUS is handling things?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You defended your position with a modicum of integrity this time so we'll spar another day. Over and Out.

It was not too difficult this time.

A star for you and agree to the "draw".

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I pretty much explained it all here.

But in answer to your question. I'm disappointed in the man and don't feel he is handling things very well at all. Sadly there is not much I can do about the POTUS except not support him with my vote. But I can work to expose the lies and deceit of what I consider to be a fraudulent News Organization. They are likely a more sinister entity that will outlast a 4 or 8 year Presidential term and are,perhaps, more complicit and culpable.

As far as article in OP, I think Centurion just ran with it in a knee jerk fashion and then only supplied alternate sources when challenged. That is what I did and what you are doing to me right now, challenge an opposing view. It is incumbent for each of us to rigorously defend our beliefs. But to be clear beliefs and truth are often distant cousins.

Please feel free to pose anything else that I've not answered to your satisfaction as I reserve the right to be imperfect.

edit on 16-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Disgraceful.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Time to take a deep breath and relax
Sorry to burst the bubble but has not just been Fox news questioning his leadership right now. That being said kudos for standing up for your views, your tone has a very hostile edge to it is all. I posted elsewhere that as far as the Japanese crisis is going Obama is doing everything that he can realistically be doing. As for the ME that is a huge drop of the ball. He needs to pick a side. With Libya he needs to either say the US is not getting involved or enter into serious and immediate action with all the nations discussing the no fly zone. In Bahrain we have military assets that are in danger so we have a ante in that pot. I may be mistaken but the administration has been very quiet about that. But yea its pretty cool he gave his picks for the basketball garbage.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that maybe HAARP was behind this earthquake and to get even because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor when Americans were trying to enjoy their day and Obama grew up in Hawaii????
Does anyone else have this possible idea that this is what has happened? Obama and other government officials seem calm and collected. Sort of like Bush getting even with Saddam Hussien due to his Father having problems with Saddam when he was in office and also, Rumsfield was "friends" with Saddam during the 80's years? What a mess.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandi1011
Has anyone ever thought that maybe HAARP was behind this earthquake and to get even because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor when Americans were trying to enjoy their day and Obama grew up in Hawaii????

No.

Hell no.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Everyone, including you, knows that radio address was pre-recorded. I bet most of them are.

And let's not forget that none of these "crises" are IN THE UNITED STATES.

Obama is doing exactly what he should be doing...offering aid where needed...condemning actions where needed...and not sticking our noses in other peoples business.

I actually think all the hate with Obama about the Japan disaster is due to the fact that he has handled it well...and the Right can't stand that so they must nit pick about radio addresses and pre-planned visits to foreign countries. They can't just NOT say something...they have to find SOMETHING to try to complain about. The problem is that everyone sees it as a weak attempt...and it looks sad and pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join