It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urged to Seize Reins as Crises Pile Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm not shooting YOU (in this case, the messanger) I'm shooting the SOURCE. ergo FOX NEWS (the originator of message) Fair game in an on-line discussion forum unless you are seeking a rightwing circle jerk.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I'm not shooting YOU (in this case, the messanger) I'm shooting the SOURCE. ergo FOX NEWS (the originator of message) Fair game in an on-line discussion forum unless you are seeking a rightwing circle jerk.

The messenger is also the source being quoted in the OP.

If everyone gets to shoot down all the ones they don't like and in doing so ignore the message, we will have absolutely nothing to quote from and ATS will simply be another "Facebook" type social networking site.

Now, regarding the actual message from the article, what isn't true?
edit on 3/15/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All I'm saying is...it's 3 a.m. somewhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Now, regarding the actual message from the article, what isn't true?

It was OPINION with motive. It was someone's ( ironic, no author given
) interpretation of superficial events without being privy to behind the scenes machinations. It was one person's version of what you call truth. Nothing more. Period.

If it were truly fair and balanced I would expect an EQUAL number of opposing views rather than the overwhelming majority from the Republican side, no?

edit on 15-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think the problem with Obama is his spirit or soul, it seems he’s got none—he believes in nothing.

It’s clear he pretended to have progressive values and scammed his way to the White House. Now that he’s in, and doesn’t have to pretend as much as when he was a candidate, he has simply gotten lazy.

He doesn't remotely have the inner fortitude or true values to be an exceptional president; he never had these qualities, so he has trouble getting up the emotional energy to do anything. He is now merely playing the mundane role of a bought and paid for politician taking orders from his masters, and making sure they are satiated, and following his ego trying to get re-elected.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Just out of interest , what do you think should be done? This is a balance between wanting to support democracy while maintaining oil supply at the same time. It seems both cant be done at the same time so, which dictators are you going to bomb and which ones will you support?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by kinda kurious

As I said - and many understand - playing "shoot the messenger" does not diminish the message.

And if you think it does specifically in the case of my OP, please post the statements that are incorrect - if you can find one ...

Sure...the OP is false in that it begins with the dishonest premise that the "Weekly Radio Address" is for discussing current crisis and immediate geo-political events.

It is not.

That is for press briefings and conferences.

It's easy BS...to take a weekly radio address and pretend it is a press conference...and then pretend there are no press conferences on those issues.

Know what I mean? It takes a special kind of deliberate...."I hate Obama" ...worldview to not grasp essential realities.

The Weekly Radio Address is not a Press Briefing.

The SAME MORNING that he gave the weekly radio address the President held a press Conference..

March 11, 2011 US Position on Libya at President Obama’s Press Conference

Obama addresses a wide range of topics from the Japan earthquake and offering aid to Japan and then went on to address the US position on Libya and the U.S. Budget plus the republican bill and spending cuts.

www.politicolnews.com...

Strange that took me 30 seconds to find...but FOX somehow missed it...but instead focused on the Weekly Radio Address which is a presidential puff piece for POTUSs and pretend that was his commentary on events? Were they not there at the press briefing minutes before?

Special kind of dishonest, FOX is...of the Propagandist nature.

edit on 15-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

"Rather than retreat into a sort of leadership paralysis in fear of making more bad decisions, obama needs to locate his spine and cojones and pull himself together to be the leader the rest of the world expects and expected him to be. "

What "world" is this?.. I don't need or expect to be led or look to anyone to lead me... especially a stranger who blathers like a weak used car salesmen. I don't expect I'm unique in that regard either, lots of people in the would can lead themselves and have zero used for any politicians input.

On top of that, IMO, the world is awakening to obama/bush/gop&dnc party leaders et al being little more than clowns in the political circus.. best attributes recognized as skills to deceive & manipulate, not lead.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

What "world" is this?.. I don't need or expect to be led or look to anyone to lead me... especially a stranger who blathers like a weak used car salesmen.

Sorry, but that's how the framers of of the constitution specifically set up our government to work. And even if you don't expect anyone to fulfill the role of president, others that follow the constitution rightly do.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

reply to post by kinda kurious

As I said - and many understand - playing "shoot the messenger" does not diminish the message.

And if you think it does specifically in the case of my OP, please post the statements that are incorrect - if you can find one ...

Sure...the OP is false in that it begins with the dishonest premise that the "Weekly Radio Address" is for discussing current crisis and immediate geo-political events.

It is not.

That is for press briefings and conferences.

Perhaps the weakest defense of obama you've ever tried to give.

It's easy BS...to take a weekly radio address and pretend it is a press conference...and then pretend there are no press conferences on those issues.

What you are pretending is true. Where is that written down?

No, the president should use any and all communication avenues open to him to talk to the people in times of crisis.

Strange that took me 30 seconds to find...

A desperate 30 seconds, no doubt.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Just out of interest , what do you think should be done? This is a balance between wanting to support democracy while maintaining oil supply at the same time. It seems both cant be done at the same time so, which dictators are you going to bomb and which ones will you support?

Well, I'm a little short of obama's pay grade and electoral vote total ...

However, it does seem to me that there could and should be some sort of happy medium between Bush wanting to take on perhaps too much and obama wanting to take on perhaps nothing. We don't need a cowboy or world policeman, but we also don't need someone just playing at being president - enjoying all the fun parts but never quite willing to roll up his sleeves for the hard part of the job. Someone who wants to always leave those jobs to someone else.that he perhaps considers beneath him.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You haters just leave the president alone, he IS doing something.

He is about to take a vacation to Rio de Janeiro!

The world is teetering on the verge of chaos, and he takes a trip to Brazil. Solid

Source
edit on 3/15/11 by BlackOps719 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Miss Bush yet? lol Almost, but Friedrich nailed it. Bush was every bit the overindulged, out of control, addlepated punk that Obama is. Where I'm not so sure is in the "grownups" handling them (respectively). Cheney and their neocons were as dark and evil as any Dr No, but Obama's people have their own ultra-sicko power grab going on. Frankly, "both sides" are going for one world slavery with the "little people" getting the stub end of the stick.
Poor Reagan, I'm not going to go there (see also the Bush cabal). Bill Clinton was chapter & verse a combination of the Bushes and Obama (Hillary, to the tenth power)
We haven't had a president that was fit to spit on since Nixon (that's right. I said that. "Watergate" has been superceded by "both" parties dozens, if not hundreds of times since)

I can just see our illustious president sniff protractedly, stifle a yawn, and tell his servant (whatever his title) that it's time to start packing for his trip. Without even a glance in his direction, I'd add.
Not even a handful of these people give a tinker's damn what goes on beyond their own narcissistic myopathy. :gak: They make me sick.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Dear OP, in the ensuing melee I believe you overlooked my question regarding your highly erudite source:

If it were truly fair and balanced I would expect an EQUAL number of opposing views rather than the overwhelming majority from the Republican side, no?

For someone who touts integrity beyond reproach and flaunts esteemed ATS credentials I'm certain it was a mere oversight. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Keeping in line with his voting as a senator, Obama is still voting present

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Dear OP, in the ensuing melee I believe you overlooked my question regarding your highly erudite source:

For someone who touts integrity beyond reproach and flaunts esteemed ATS credentials I'm certain it was a mere oversight. Thanks.

Like so many, you apparently love to confuse the actual Fox News shows with those of their pundits like Hannity. You also apparently love to do this because you perceive fox News to be a threat to your philosphy and the advancement of your political agenda. Unfortunately, many such as yourself find themselve unable to even imagine what freedom of the press means. no, you want to censor/shut down any news source that you feel is a threat.

If you were really "kinda kurious" about any of this, I'd think instead of just complaining about the news source, you'd want to see what the coverage is from at least several different sites, if for no other reason than to "take the average" - which is basically what I do. In fact, there are mentions of this issue now on several sites. Here's one from MSNBC: MSNBC Source
Does that make it OK to report it now?

Bottom line, the news shows seem like any others on CNN and MSNBC, which I also check online and quote here quite often. If YOU were "fair and balanced", you would have noticed that I use a multitude of other sources including the NY Times, and even the Huffington Post a few times. Never heard you complain about any of those.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Well, I'm a little short of obama's pay grade and electoral vote total ...

However, it does seem to me that there could and should be some sort of happy medium between Bush wanting to take on perhaps too much and obama wanting to take on perhaps nothing. We don't need a cowboy or world policeman, but we also don't need someone just playing at being president - enjoying all the fun parts but never quite willing to roll up his sleeves for the hard part of the job. Someone who wants to always leave those jobs to someone else.that he perhaps considers beneath him.

At the moment doing nothing is probably more wise than jumping in all guns blazing Team America style.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
People need to leave it alone.
As long as he does nothing inthis situation we are all better off.

What's he gonna do? Print another few trillion to create a new batch of government employees that will suck up more taxes and create more red tape in an effort to "Take the reigns"?

Maybe he could borrow the cash from Japan.
edit on 16-3-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Thousands dead and dying in Japan
>snip<
And he golfs and talks about. . . . WHAT?

Ahhh, so this is what passes for leadership in the Obama Administration.

Miss Bush yet?

Bush? Umm.... I respond, "Ya', but `meh`. Reagan would be the one to long for."
At least "there" was a president willing to make unpopular choices, if they were the "right" choice.

*and for the record, I was in jr. and sr. high school during Reagan's years, was afraid of nuclear war, global "COOLING" and the economy... and I still think we were better off then than now.

edit on 3/16/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join