It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to propose 'nuking' the 6x Reactors and Facility

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Perhaps its similar to the hangover cure of drinking another beer in the morning... Anyway, in terms of all the destruction and debris, they might consider burning everything and rebuilding on the land from scratch. In terms of the powerplant, they should probably consider burying the whole thing in tons of concrete, and encasing it in lead.
edit on 15-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Enough already, nuking a nuclear power plant is not an option.

This is fuel grade Uranium and Plutonium/Uranium MOX (Mixed Oxide) , the fallout would be horrendous.

Unlike weapons grade Uranium/Plutonium , fuel grade would not fully fission, rather it would become high speed enriched dust, boosted into the upper atmosphere to contaminate the whole Earth.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What about antimatter bombs or weapons? has anyone got any of them working or lifted one or two from some visiting aliens? That would literally remove the problem. Then there is also the Philadelphia Experiment, not sure how it would work with a building but if we could put that into hyperspace for a few thousand years till it cools of it is another possible option.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
These dumbass generals think any problem can be solved with a nuke ...! what about the radiation from the nuke itself ..?? not to mention how is a nuke going to "vaporize" the radioactivity currently in the reactors ..?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by legalizeit
These dumbass generals think any problem can be solved with a nuke ...! what about the radiation from the nuke itself ..?? not to mention how is a nuke going to "vaporize" the radioactivity currently in the reactors ..?

I thought the suggestion was made by the Creator of this Thread, and not by any official of Japan what so ever?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OP, I like it.

Of course, I also supported nuking the GOM event, so what does that tell 'ya?

Anyways, I'm with you, I think everything would be vaporized, sounds like the best plan I've heard so far...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Like those dumb retards saying that we should have nuked the Gulf of Mexico last year?

Yeah... real good idea...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
dumb retards

oxymoron?

I resemble that statement BTW

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Do you have any idea how much nuclear material is at Fukushima? TONS!!!

A hydrogen bomb maybe has 100kg max.

Nuking a nuclear power plant that has 6 reactors, and thousands and thousands of fuel rods is ludicrous. It would kill every living thing in the Northern Hemisphere!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

The only possible way I could see the Japanese going through this drastic measure would be if the fallout from the reactors was going in the direction of major populated areas, but since the plant is along the coast and the fallout is mainly heading out over the ocean nuking the plant would only make matters much worse and spread more radioactive material from a bomb made with uranium that is much more enriched and radioactive than the fuel rods the plant uses.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I believe this is actually under consideration, If bombs would be used I would wonder if a boron bunker buster could be made and used instead. Or perhaps spray the plumes with boron by plane...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Imagine a great big pile of turd. Then imagine dropping an explosive turd into the pile. What do you get? What the hell do you think you will get.

Definitely in my list of dumbest threads ever.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

are you that general guy from the U.S. army that you see in movies who always seems to opt for the nuke it option?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You got to love this site. The possabilities are #ing endless pmsl............:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
this thread title is quite misleading, how about change it to 'here's a really a dumb idea?'

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

When you nuke a reactor, you use the reactor's fuel as fissile material in addition to the nuclear weapon and use it all up increasing the nuclear weapon yield.

no you don't because the reactor material isn't at critical mass and can not sustain a chain reaction.

The critical mass is already within the bomb, anything else that reaches the high temperatures will undergo fission.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

But is it even possible? The heat from a nuclear blast would far exceed the vapourization point of uranuim by a couple of thousand degrees so would it cause a chain reaction or would it simply vapourize whatever fuel is there? Just sound like a bit like trying to put out a chip pan fire using rocket fuel.

Vapor is a state of matter, like liquid, solid. Just because it is in vapor form does not mean it is not there. It will still be there and still undergo fission.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Any problem can be resolved with the correct application of high explosives.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by Vitchilo
dumb retards

oxymoron?

I resemble that statement BTW

No, an oxymoron would be SMART retard.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The reason a nuke explodes is that there is enough highly unstable, radioactive material concentrated into one place so that the material can reach critical mass if given a little help, leading to a loco nuclear chain reaction, leading to boom. No critical mass=no chain reaction=no nuclear detonation, full stop, the end.

The fireball and blast wave from a groundburst or low air burst would most likely incinerate the radioactive material (which would still be radioactive) and suck it up into the mushroom cloud, dispersing the incinerated fuel with the rest of the radioactive fallout. Mind you, the fuel at that power plant is apparently quite nasty stuff even considering that it already shares chemical company with a few sure killers; such a scenario could create a kind of uberfallout, and wherever it landed would be blighted for a mindbogglingly long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join