It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain implements Martial Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Bahrain implements Martial Law

MANAMA, Bahrain -- Bahrain's king imposed a three-month state of emergency Tuesday and gave the country's military chief wide authority to battle a pro-democracy uprising that has threatened the ruling monarchy and drawn in forces from around the Gulf.

The martial law-style order -- read on Bahrain state TV -- comes a day after more than 1,000 Saudi-led troops arrived to help prop up the U.S.-backed regime in the first major cross-border action against the revolts that have erupted across the Arab world.

www.foxnews.com...

well most ATS'ers have been seeing this coming
for a while now. And here it is. 3 months of Martial
Law ordered by the King.

All started yesterday with the 1,000 Saudi
Soldiers marching into position.

And if you think they won't fire,
you would be very wrong.

Guess, the CIA and Soros will
have to come up with a new strategy.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
related thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ok folks don't get so bogged down
in Japan that we forget what's going
on elsewhere.

Multi-task that brain !!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Dear Boondock-Saint,
What really makes my head spin is this: The Saudi gets most of it's military armament from the US. The US is pro-democracy. So the US is funding the Saudi's military which is now being used to quash a pro-democracy movement. And to put icing on the cake, the US also funds Israel's war on Palestine.

I'm left speechless.

Regards,
T

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I suppose the deployment of Saudi troops takes away the problem of Bahrain forces refusing to fire on its own civilians!

A sure sign that the Bahrain rulers are gonna come down hard on any unrest!

Things could get real ugly,real quick there!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yes. Saudi troops are now being used to break up the pro-democracy protests in Bahrain as well as in Saudi itself. I've just heard on the radio that Hillary Clinton is urging the Saudis to "show restraint". She should of course be demanding that the Saudis get their troops out immediately. Requesting restraint gives tacit approval to the act itself. She is not requesting that Gaddaffi "show restraint" as far as I recall.

On Saturday the Arab League announced it was requesting that the UN's Security Council impose a no-fly zone in Libya. Perhaps a rather bizarre request on the face of it. Shouldn't this be an opportunity for the Arab world to show that it can attend to its own affairs without outside interference? Does it not have the air power to impose its own no-fly zone?

I have a suspicion that these two developments are related. I think there may have been a deal. The West will turn a blind eye to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and other highly repressive but compliant Arab client states in the repression of their own people and they will ensure that the West gets control of Libya and its oil.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by winston_jones
I have a suspicion that these two developments are related. I think there may have been a deal. The West will turn a blind eye to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and other highly repressive but compliant Arab client states in the repression of their own people and they will ensure that the West gets control of Libya and its oil.

well Hilary is a piece of work, no doubt.

However, I do remember reading about some
agreement between some arab countries
coming to the assistance of other arab countries
in time of internal strife. I think it was called GCC
or GCG or something like that. If I also remember
correctly, Libya was not part of that arab country
pact or agreement which may be the reason why
Hilary's stance changes between Saudi and Libya.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just posted about this on Middle East on Fire

It is a crack down with nerve gas, live ammunition, and armed thugs.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
It is a crack down with nerve gas, live ammunition, and armed thugs.

wow and thanks,
you should have posted the video here

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Good find! I am interested but I need to know something that is bothering the living hell out of me. It bothers me every time I see one of your posts. Sometimes I actually skip them because it bothers me so much!

Why do you
make such
short sentences
and post
in that fashion?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. It came in U2U form so no one thinks I'm being a wise guy. That whole situation in the Middle East has me intrigued though.

Guess, the CIA and Soros will have to come up with a new strategy.

I'm not too sure that this wasn't all fabricated myself. I believe someone initiated the key events that led to the cascading revolts throughout the Middle East. So in other words, I believe it is all orchestrated.

top topics

join