It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Prayer ritual alarms U.S. air crew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yahoo Link

An orthodox Jewish prayer observance by three passengers aboard an Alaska Airlines flight alarmed flight attendants unfamiliar with the ritual, prompting them to lock down the cockpit and issue a security alert, officials said.

This is insane, I think this happened before already, Flight attendant needs to attend a briefing or seminar about situations like this. All this people want to do is pray.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

I'd feel more comfortable with Muslims praying on my plain than Orthodox Jews, to be honest. I don't know of any Muslims that have masterminded any disasters on American soil involving planes, but a couple Jews do come to mind......

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

Yeah but you failed to explain the ritual, which to someone who's never seen it, would be quite scary at altitude, some dude wrapping leather straps around a black box on his forehead and chanting? Seriously, you'd be sweating that too. If I can bring toothpaste and nail clippers on the plane, you can't bring your prayer box attached to your forehead, fair deal.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I didn't think Orthodox Jews had to pray at a certain time of day, so why would they do this on a plane? I thought men had to pray 3 times, morning, afternoon and night, but why would you choose to do it on a plane

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
But this happened before already, before they even boarded the plane they must have noticed the tefillin?

top topics

join