It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heros at Fukashima are taking their lives for us.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think people will do extraordinary things for those they care about. I doubt this is about risking their lives for the rest of the world, this is more likely to be about risking their lives for those they love... It doesn't really matter *why though, what matters is that someone is still trying.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The most noble act a person can make is the sacrifice of his/her own life in the service of others.

Stay on topic or hold your peace, people- the whole world is watching you.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was thinking about this today, and yes they are brave to give their lives for the country and the world. The same kind of selflessness was witnessed by workers at chernobyl.

I hope that the Japanese people remember the names of these heroes.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
God and Buddha in the same stereotypically religious sentiment?
Are you spiritually confused as to who should bless them?

God, Buddha - prayers, Reiki, meditation - it doesn't matter which, imo. They're all powerful. What matters a lot, I believe, is that people are projecting their good intentions towards those there who need help, and those who are selflessly striving to protect each other. (Except the numpties who are trying to create controversy by pedantic quibbling, obviously). Energy follows thought. Great OP!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_spark
reply to post by spy66

I wonder if you would be saying the same if you had a nuclear melt down at your place and you have no where to go.

Also I would like to know what you would sacrifice your life for?

edit on 16-3-2011 by the_spark because: (no reason given)

It is non of your business to know what i would sacrifice my life for.

We had a political debate about building a power plant of our own, But we the people said No. Because we didn't want to sacrifice our life or our land for the sake of energy of this type.

Since we dont have a nuclear power plant, We dont have to be sacrificing innocent people for it.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Actually I believe the vast majority of the people trying to avert catastrophe at the Fukushima power plant are being held there against their wishes. They are the people with the knowledge to stop this and the whole world is watching so they're forced maybe even coerced to stay. That place is on lockdown, they won't leave until those reactors cool down or they die trying, simple as that. Heroic? Yes. But they don't have much choice.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Thank you for this thread. Real heroes!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is not often I post these days, but reading about the brave souls, risking their lives for others has really effected me. This is not TV, a game show, a drama or a computer game - it is life and very sadly death.

Genuine selflessness in the face of terrible consequences... true nobility for the greater good. Heroes, every single one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sorry to say that the end is near. There is not much to be done now but back up the cement trucks and back fill.

This is it folks.

I'm sorry for all whom suffer and the future suffering of the Japanes people and all those affected.

may god be with you all. What ever god you look to for salvation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join