It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heros at Fukashima are taking their lives for us.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

Absolutely.. It's going to be bad for every living thing on the planet if these workers efforts are in vain. But just hoping they can bring the whole thing under control before it's too late.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It is with great sadness that I acknowledge the sacrifices these individuals are making. March 11 should be acknowledged world wide as a day of tribute to these heroes, who fought supernatural odds with honor and courage.

It is my everpresent hope and faith that these people succeed in their fight, to preserve a part of Japanese homelands for future generations of the World to enjoy.

It is with great urgence these heroes fight, and as such, as an American, who the Japanese remember anually with the resounding bells of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, it is with great urgence of heart I ask my Japanese brethren to forgive and to renew... making the resounding bells of those two Japanese landmarks begin anew, in honor of these heroes, annually every March 11th. In solemn like mindedness, the bell atop the Pacific Palisades here in America will resound alongside yours in unison...

As a tribute to a strong and graceful nation of people, who possess a sense of courage from the heart, with clarity of mind.

Thank you for living for us, Godspeed you to happier places, and more peaceful shores.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
At a time when I least expected it, I find that more than a few of us are actually willing to go to Japan and render whatever assistance we can. Provided that we can actually get there.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm glad someone is gutting up like those brave men at chernobyl who faced certain painful death and made a terrible sacrifice for posterity. At least they probably expected the world to learn from that tragedy so no one would have to face such grim circumstances again, that their efforts wouldn't be in vain.

But I just heard on msnbc ( yeah I know...) that the last 50 have been pulled out and the company and government are basically out of options/don't know what to do and are giving up?!?! For my sanity's sake, someone tell me I'm dreaming.

holy hell here is your source ladies and gents: finance.yahoo.com...

It seems they think the radiation will come down but I don't see how without someone there to monitor the systems and oversee pumping of seawater. I'm stunned.
edit on 15-3-2011 by TWINCPONE because: found a source

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TWINCPONE

But it says they returned

All those remaining were pulled out for almost an hour because radiation levels were too high, but later allowed to return, officials said.
workers briefly abandon

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wow this situation really makes one take very thorough look at one's self. My prayers are for them. I am sure their prayers are for the whole world. They really were presented with an issue and choice so important they realized by giving their lives they will save MANY. Wow! This is the human spirit I believe in. Kissinger, McNamara et. Al take note. These are men/women who set the standard for judgement.

Thank you so much for these souls. Bless them, their families and the families and communities that made them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I thought all the workers evacuated and abandoned the reactors?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here's a more detailed link: Japan suspends work

A U.S. nuclear expert said he feared the worst.

"It's more of a surrender," said David Lochbaum, a nuclear engineer who now heads the nuclear safety program for the Union of Concerned Scientists, an activist group. "It's not like you wait 10 days and the radiation goes away. In that 10 days things are going to get worse."

"It's basically a sign that there's nothing left to do but throw in the towel," Lochbaum said.

Like I said, holy hell.
edit on 16-3-2011 by TWINCPONE because: reworked to be more informative and clear

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I pray for every step they take.....their sacrifice for ensuring survival of their people is a very noble and admirable act and that also is my pride as a fellow human of this Earth as them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I can't imagine the chaos that's been happening at Fukashima around the clock since last Friday, From the very beginning of this crisis, I imagine many of the workers at the plant knew they may have to pay the ultimate price considering the situation.

My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones and the families who will lose loved ones. To say these nuclear technicians are heroes is a vast understatement.

They are truly the brave among the brave.

S & F

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
Sorry some people are raised in an enviroment where they were rasied with hate and yelling and screeming and even drugs whenre this tends to produce offspring with a lack of simpathy, and feelings of compassion. Usually anger and uncontrollable distrust.

Kinda like what I'm seeing from your posts, bad form man, bad form.

As for the 50 Japanese workers, they are indeed hero's. Wish the world had more of people like that. Stay strong and I hope (and pray) for your safe return.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
That is the problem with you religious zealots, you think praying will help

Well, according to this hag, praying is the reason god 'punished' Japan with the earthquake (from ~2:30):

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
No words can describe my gratitude for you 50 brave men and women who stayed there knowing that you are at great risk .All humanity is with you .

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is a disgrace that these people have to risk their lives for this. Japan was warned not to build these reactors because of the earth quake probability. The people who should be risking their lives are the once who made the decision to build them despite the warnings. To me these guys are not heroes they are stupid expendables, who risk their lives for greedy policy makers.

I am sorry for not sharing the same view as all of you. It is because of our bravery that these policy makers can build dangerous things like this, because they know we have to step up when the SHTF.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

I was unaware of that. You being from North Carolina and Me being prior Military I though we would have alot in common not the opposite.

Sorry to hear that my friend.

Anyway take care.
RB

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

I would say that the last thing on their mind right now is pay. If you have no home to go home to because it is radioactive that would be the scenerio.

I suspect they are going in to save the country side because if they don't they will not be able to live anywhere near there for at least a thousand years if those cores burn through the bottom let alone contaminate the drinking water in the earth. I suspect this may have already happen though. So sad.

I hope they are all safe and my friends over there I have heard from 2 which are now safe 4 are still out of contact.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

I think they rigged up pumps to pump water on them. They ran when they were told to becasue the radiation was so high they would die becasue they would not have any proetection in a suit.

When they start to melt the core they have to flood it with water .The big problem was the flood took out all the control room electronics.

First they had to rig up some wiring to get the power ac to the pumps then they need to flood water in there to start it cooling to lower the radiation as it was extremly high. once it starts to cool back down and the burning of the fissle material stops then they can try to contain and figure out if they can make up a plan to either remove it or back fill the chamber with cemet/lead mix.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Sorry but that was a reply to some arogant anti Japanes person trolling on here and it was sent to someone and not to you. Please don't take screen grabs of my comments that were not intended for you and try to comment in a negative manner.

RB

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Facebook page
www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I wonder if you would be saying the same if you had a nuclear melt down at your place and you have no where to go.

Also I would like to know what you would sacrifice your life for?

edit on 16-3-2011 by the_spark because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join