It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Disaster: The Tragedy In Pictures You May Have Not Seen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You’ve seen the tragedy unfold on your TV sets in your living rooms. But here are some images you may never have seen. In these you can gauge the depth of human disaster, the tragedy, the hurt, and the pain at the loss of near and dear ones and at the loss of an edifice called home, built over years of hard work. All gone in seconds….

But Japan will rise like the phoenix as it did after WW II. It has the will and it knows the way.

All Photographs Courtesy: Herald Sun

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just hard to take in - looks like a set from a movie and not something that can actually happen in real life!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Those are very tragic photos and difficult to process the enormity of Japan's ails. More is to come. It's terrifying. Let's hope they are resilient enough to stand strong and survive this. Is there any other option?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Thankyou for putting those together for us.

Sending thoughts to all those affected by the disaster in Japan. Asking Mother Earth to be patient with her children, and sending healing across the planet to our brothers and sisters, and all of the animals and plant life that have been affected too.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Devastating.

It almost brought a tear to my eye (It takes a huge amount to even emotionaly move me). But, this is just terrible, i wish i could help, i want to help them

But the Japanese are a hardy people, they will rebuild, and they will become stronger out of this, lessons have been learnt now, lets hope this disaster will never happen again to such a wonderfull country.

RIP to all of those lost. My prayers are with you all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
When I see this devastation, I wonder if America is prepared for the big 'un? California and Yellowstone - the clock is ticking......

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthof2012

DUDE!!!??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Heart breaking !! Positive thoughts to all suffering humans in Japan !! Stay strong in adversity !!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Luckily enough Japan isn't a third world country.
It has the will and the know how to get through this tragedy.

The picks remind me of how homestead looked after hurricane andrew.
It was rough. But in 10 to 20 years that area will be back to normal.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is horrible.
These pictures really slap you in the face and say
"look ...look what you did to your people"
God bless these people.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Even though i've seen clips of the wave coming in on the news, you can't really grasp the magnitude of damage it created until you see these poor people sitting amongst it, trying to sift through what's left. It's so horrible. I have NO idea why there isn't more coverage on it. I live in Brisbane, and we had about a straight week of almost 24 hour live news about the floods in our town, but that was nothing to this - but all i'm catching is 1 min 'breaking news' and then nothing else. I've always wanted to visit Japan, my Grandfather died in the early 90's due to cancer from the radiation he came into contact with while working in the hospitals in Hiroshima after the bombs. I learnt japanese for 5 years, have had family teach english there and we always had Japanese students come and stay while in high school so I know how lovely majority of them are, so this is just heartbreaking to see. I want to hope they can come back from this, but the way it's looking with the Nuclear issues, i'm not sure if it'll be possible for alot of villages to re-build for at least quite some time

edit on 15/3/2011 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
These pictures give a flavour of the true human suffering caused by this tragic event. We still have no comprehension of just how badly this is affecting people

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic eruption, and now the danger of radiation! Here are a couple of heartrending images of kids being checked for radiation and some quarantined from family and their pets....

the4thpip
edit on 15-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The picture with the kid being screened for radiation is heart breaking!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlandlad

Indeed it is.

RIP those who died.

Those people in the photos still have the most important thing - their lives. Everything they owned was destroyed but its meaningless compared to the value of life.

I am hoping that as others have said, this will only make Japan stronger in the long run. I too believe the Japanese to be hardy people that can rebuild from this.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelSF
When I see this devastation, I wonder if America is prepared for the big 'un? California and Yellowstone - the clock is ticking......

It's probably more likely to be the New Madrid Fault Zone.

FEMA have drills there pencilled in for May I think.

**Hears HAARP warming up**

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Had this happened in India the numbers would have been staggering. Had this happened in Mexico the numbers would have been horrific. The fact that the Japanese were prepared in as much as anyone could possibly be is a testament to the kind of people they are; they are survivors and they are resourceful.

I see them coming out of this "knowing" the truth of where we should go as a people of this Planet. If anyone can break the cycle of our current state as a society they can! I see them actively moving beyond the destructiveness of our current technologies and embracing the Future we have only dreamed about.

Could any other people step up to a new Paradigm with Dignity and Grace? Hell no!

Bless Japan, they have been tested and they have been received in the Face of Fear. They will have more dignity than any other Nation on the Planet and we should all open to receive her for her suffering.

Shame on us for being so Prideful, for one day we will be tested again and again until we open up. I am humbled by this in so many ways and yet I cannot help but wonder how America will react when it is our turn to be tested by our Faith and our Fortitude. Perhaps now all the thieves and liars we call Americans will realize once and for all that we cannot just simply live as we have been living. We need our Leaders to open the doors to better technology and close their personal profiting once and for all!

The Sun did Rise in Japan, will it Rise in America and embrace us? We have our Path now! One of healing and of giving and of sharing! It is time to overcome the worst part of ourselves!

My Prayers are with Japan, may she be protected from the likes of US all!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Those pictures brought a tear to my eyes, especially the ones where the people are cuddling their pets, when viewing the big overview pictures on TV you don't see the 'nitty gritty' of how it is affecting the man on the street

join