It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa!! All markets are declining today ...Energy , Metals , and Agriculture Futures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

DOW Futures down 250
Oil down 3.47
Gold down 18.50
All grains are down

Heard some discussion on MSM that Japan may end up needing to sell it's large holding of US Treasuries in order to help finance their recovery. Japan is the second largest foreign holder of treasuries after China.
If they do that then it would be very difficult for us to get in and sell our treasuries, i.e. not enough buyers for both.
Wonder where Geithner and Bernanke are going to come up with more money.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Gotta mean it's a good time to buy.
I know I will be stocking up on some more silver at the very least

edit on 15-3-2011 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Wait for it, it's just started.

Kitco

See the other thread about the US being Cash Broke.

Japan economy is on it's knees and needs money

I feel JP is shorting US treasuries, and commodities. But why knowing full well the effect this would have on the USDX???

Response, everyone sells commodities to buy up treasuries?? but the selling effect, on gold and silver has an inflation effect on the USD.

if the US has not got enough Money to buy up the glut of contracts. Its game over!

That's what I think, I am probably wrong.

But it just looks a bit orchestrated really!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

US needs to sell Treasuries to help our cash situation, but that will be near impossible if Japan is selling its treasuries at the same time. Add that to the looming government shutdown over the budget, and you have two seemingly impossible economic meltdowns to battle simultaneously. I don't know if it was engineered, but it was inevitable. We should just have let it crash in 2008, then we could be well into a recovery by now and we could actually help Japan. Instead, we blew through $1 Trillion dollars, and now we are set to crash with Japan!

I think 2011 will be the most "interesting" (to quote the Chinese curse) year of my 37 on this planet! Strap in and lets just roll with it!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What I read on Aero hedge is that the US only now has 14.5 Billion left in liquid. No further bond auction to next week!

i japan is shorting to raise captial, then where does that leave the US.

Sell commodities.

Triggering panic

If this gets out and people start dumping the dollar!!!

I can;t see this ending well

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Added to this, can you see ANY reason why Gold Lease rates would be at - (MINUS) 0.5% for 1 DAY

that day was 9th March. Before returning to normal

Can you say large gold movement!
edit on 15/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I fully expected this...but honestly thought it would really start in earnest yesterday. For the most part, that didn't happen.

With the situation in the Middle East, (look for more aggressive action there, now that all eyes are on Japan), I fully expect this giant snowball to keep rolling.

Hope for the best, people.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
US needs to sell Treasuries to help our cash situation, but that will be near impossible if Japan is selling its treasuries at the same time.

and you have the pancake effect as put in place
by the NWO to usher in the new world currency
by crashing the old one. It was a brilliant plan
I have to admit seeing it done from hindsight.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Buy up Silver !! Its all smoke and mirrors... Its all gonna go through the roof very sooooon

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Added to this, can you see ANY reason why Gold Lease rates would be at - (MINUS) 0.5% for 1 DAY

that day was 9th March. Before returning to normal

Can you say large gold movement!

there was a large gold movement right before 9/11.
done out of the basement of the towers.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Everything you said, and I said, and everyone else said, the government down to 1-day's cash supply. The rumors and military times articles about military going without pay if the congress can't get a budget approved. The stock markets diving, and food prices spiking. Libyan unrest. Europe is teetering precariously on the financial edge.

We also have flooding along the Mississippi in the US, and it is only supposed to get worse as spring rolls in. The bitter cold winter in Florida and the SW caused a lot of crop damage. Japan obviously lost the majority of their agriculture.

We are looking at diving financial markets, government shutdowns, hyper-inflation, and food shortages all at the same time.

And that is just the financial picture, ignoring the radiation in Japan, the riots and protests in the Middle East and some of Europe, the Libyan situation, etc., etc.

I don't see how any of this could be corrected soon, and if it isn't corrected it is bound to only get worse.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Sell commodities.

Triggering panic

If this gets out and people start dumping the dollar!!!

I can;t see this ending well

1929 X's 1 Million
2nd

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Has anyone looked at the Bond markets?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am having a bet with myself.

Looking for gold below 1350 and a USDX of >70. As a trigger point.

If it gets to this, I believe people will startign shorting the Dollar. esp with QE3 on the cards.

Once this comes out, what will the gold contracts be worth!! NOTHING!! people will want phyisical.

it's at this point i am personally looking to buy in. and wait for the rocket ship to take off!!

$1500 not a problem (up to $2000)

$60 - $100 silver

Oil at $200+

USD dead in the water

Long scenario, but if all the rumours and defaulting on domestic debt, and cash flow are correct. then this is just the start!

By the way. Look at my VERY FIRST post I ever made on ATS. you can buy the one world currency now. in silver and gold.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Bloomberg is saying the Bond markets "jumped" last night!

Bloomberg

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
With the Earth's crust (and tectonic plates) all in a period of exceptional movement
i expect that metals mining will go into a year or so period of reduced activity...

thus making existing bullion more pricey and ~against all logic~
making the premium gold/silver producers a very sought after equity, up +25% in 6 months...
(and then to Infinity & beyond ?) and Juniors turning into very overpriced
speculations...for wishful dreamers

too much going on for there to be a organized transition into an actual 'asset' backed
monetary overhaul anytime in the next 6 months... after then, if all is still quiet...then
a brisk implementation of a new 'reserve currency' backed by "Power/Status" (nukes/armies=
to impose order & stability)... instead of Assets will be the new paradigm

i still got a grand-in-hand waiting for the right moment to buy gold equities

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Dow drops 246 points to start the day!!

DOW

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
After the Nikkei dropped 10/55% percent today, a poor performance on the DOW was expected, really could have been much worse.

My fear is that Japan will need to dump our bonds soon to finance their financial burdens.
Heard about it yesterday on the news, but only briefly and only once.

This thing could tank the world economy.
Easily.

www.latimes.com...
www.latimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join