It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Cannibal Squirrel Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OK, so I have no proof that the squirrel was an actual zombie, but there are some good arguments here on ATS that support the apocalypse is upon us.
Anyway,
So yesterday I was driving around when I saw a dead squirrel in the road, no big deal happens alot around here. Then out of nowhere another squirrel runs out in the road and starts ripping at the flattened roadkill squirrel, Seriously. It was pretty crazy.

Sorry I was driving, so I could not take a picture. but imagine a lion eating a zebra. (just small and grey).

This reminded me of an event last year when me and my boss were out smoking a cigarette and this squirrel runs past with a baby rabbit in it's mouth and a bunch of other rabbits chasing it.
Do not screw with California squirrels.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed84a41ed94e.jpg[/atsimg]
(discaimer: this squirrel not the actual squirrel described in the events above.)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Does anyone know what would drive a squirrel to cannibalism? I don't think it is a lack of food in the area, we have had plenty of rain lately everything is green.

Is this a natural tendency for squirrels? I always thought they ate nuts,

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

It's probably natural, cats will eat dead cats, and people, so who knows. I've never seen a cannibal squirrel myself, but I wasn't really looking for it either. Crazy story

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
And so it begins!

We are just a kick in the arse away from my favoured end times scenario,ZOMBIEAPOCALYPSE!!

Seriously though,pretty strange behaviour!
Wonder for any reason whether there may be a shortage of their natural food,whatever that is?

Nuts i suppose!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

a case for special agent secret-squirrel...

dunno how to upload pics :S

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Quite normal. When food is scarce, it's the easiest way of sustenance.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
this may sound like a dumb question, but here in WI I have never seen a squirrel eat meat, I throw seeds and nuts out to ours ever winter, never seen them go after anything meat like....

do CA Squirrels usually eat meat??
edit on 15-3-2011 by hope4better because: forgot to ask my question, duh!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
These are ground squirrels not tree squirrels, they live in holes in the dirt.

But other than those two instances I have never seen a squirrel eat meat. Also as I said before, I am pretty sure there is not a lack of food to be found around here. If it was Oct /Nov than sure there would be scarce food after the annual fires but there were no fires this past year and there is lots of vegetation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Maybe it had nuts in it's stomach, or the nuts it had consumed had some how turned into Nutella or Nuttino

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Lol at your disclaimer. This is the third time I have read about zombie animals....that would be awesome if humans got infected

Disclaimer: not the super fast running zombies, nice slow easy to beat zombies.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It got to the point where chip had enough of dale

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

hmmm... Maybe you should look again at all the Zombie movies... The slow ones are the deadliest kind...

And the worst is, you'll stay alive all along because you will have become a zombie by the time they finish you... Terrible terrible fate...

Concerning the squirrel... It has probably stepped up the evolution ladder and is now a full time meat eater. Since old habits die hard, WATCH YOUR NUTS!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Lol where is you logic in saying slower zombies are more deadly than fast ones....that's just wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Jeezzz crazy squirrel where's your nuts.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

He probably took his nuts, and the cannibal squirrel wanted them back so he taunted the other squirrel to get hit by a car, and then ate him.

new topics

top topics

join