It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-Up: The Japan Disaster - TEPCO's History Of DisInfo 2002, 2007, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
InfoWars: We don’t know the truth about Japan’s nuclear disaster

Alex Jones addresses the tendency of governments to lie, with focus on Japan’s nuclear meltdown crisis. From the onset of Japan’s post-earthquake disaster, it’s officials have been downplaying the risks and keeping its population, and the peoples of the world, in the dark about the true scale of dangers. Now, with the explosion of a third reactor, other reactors in jeopardy, and a total chain reaction threatening to unfold, it is obvious that reassurances were issued only to keep create a more positive public image.

PrisonPlanet: CIA Sends USAID to Japan to Manage Nuclear Disinfo Campaign

A large scale cover-up of the extent and severity of Japan’s multiple nuclear meltdowns is now underway, according to Yoichi Shimatsu, the former editor of the Japan Times Weekly. Mr. Shimatsu appeared on CCTV, China’s state-run television network.

“Following a high-level meeting called by the lame-duck prime minister, Japanese agencies are no longer releasing independent reports without prior approval from the top,” writes Shimatsu. “The censorship is being carried out following the imposition of the Article 15 Emergency Law.”

Shimatsu contends that the Obama White House sent a team to consult the Naoto Kan government. Instead of dispatching experts from the Department of Energy, Nuclear Safety Agency and Health Department, representatives of USAID were sent to micromanage the cover-up.

Since the 1960s, USAID – short for United States Agency for International Development – has maintained a close working relationship with the CIA, and Agency officers often operated abroad under USAID cover, according to author William Blum...

Have seen reports of Japanese citizens, blogging texting, and twittering about how they dont trust the Nuclear Power Company handling this disaster, or their own government. But it seems those reports are dissapearing as they get written!!!
edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
erm i just started a thread on that 2 minutes before you..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

lol

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
NYMAG.com: Is Japan Covering Up a Radiation Leak?

Some nuclear experts believe that Japan may be covering up the extent of the radiation leak at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant — claiming that their inability to get a radiation reading is a sign of a cover-up. "The actions of the Japanese government are completely contrary to their words.

The actions have not been consistent with the cover story. I have seen articles where they keep saying there is no danger, yet moving away for safety. This includes the US Military.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I wouldn't bother linking to Infowars articles, that's fear mongering and cherry picking at it's best. I fell for it for years but have slowly gotten far enough back from it to see the sensationalistic claims they add to every report.

A better method would be, reading the infowars article, then reading the source articles they are twisting, and linking them too, or only them.

As others have stated, infowars might as well be Sorcha Faal now.

Anyways, I do believe at least half of the information in those links is true, it's just being used as a means to an end. don't worry I'm sure AJ will have someone on every 3 minutes selling Potassium Iodide.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I know it's troubling, no leak, no leak no leak, then, oh, by the way, it's totally leaking radiation and if your 30km away stay inside and make your home airtight.

someone nailed it in another thread, they are delaying declaring this a nuclear disaster because any and all help on the way would turn back. Japan also would want to protect it's national pride, so there's another reason to try to minimize what's really going on.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Japan radiation leaks feared as nuclear experts point to possible cover-up

Lack of radiation readings echoes pattern of secrecy employed after other major accidents such as Chernobyl

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is interesting!!! It appears that TEPCO may have lied about radiation leaks before...

Friday, Oct. 4, 2002 - Japan Times: Tepco coverup may have involved reactor's last defense against radiation leak

Scandal-plagued Tokyo Electric Power Co. may have tried to cover up an unstable air-sealing system at the No. 1 reactor container at its Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant before a routine government inspection in 1991, sources at Hitachi Ltd. said Thursday.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I wouldn't bother linking to Infowars articles, that's fear mongering and cherry picking at it's best.

I know if that was all the info I had I would be getting skewered by the Thread police here on ATS. But look at all these other stories. Especially the one about them possibly lying about radiation leaks back in 2002...
edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here is some info about TEPCO:

Their History: Tepco website - History
Wiki: Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Exactly what is it that Alex Jones told was a lie??? Be very specific.

He's trying to wake you sheeple people all up!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Tokyo Electric Power Company Scandal of 2002

On August 29, 2002, the government of Japan revealed that TEPCO was guilty of false reporting in routine governmental inspection of its nuclear plants and systematic concealment of plant safety incidents. All seventeen of its boiling-water reactors were shut down for inspection as a result. TEPCO's chairman Hiroshi Araki, President Nobuya Minami, Vice-President Toshiaki Enomoto, as well as the advisers Shō Nasu and Gaishi Hiraiwa stept down by September 30, 2002., and the utility "eventually admitted to two hundred occasions over more than two decades between 1977 and 2002, involving the submission of false technical data to authorities"

Ok woah woah woah.... They Admitted to 200 occasions of false data reports over two decades?!?!?!

No wonder the Japanese Public and the World are not willing to trust them now.

And again in 2007 more DisInfo is uncovered:

In 2007, however, the company announced to the public that an internal investigation had revealed a large number of unreported incidents. These included an unexpected unit criticality in 1978 and additional systematic false reporting, which hadn't been uncovered during the 2002 inquiry. Along with scandals at other Japanese electric companies, this failure to ensure corporate compliance resulted in strong public criticism of Japan's electric power industry and the nation's nuclear energy policy. Again the company made no effort to identify those responsible.

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Reuters: BREAKING NEWS - Holes in wall mean spent nuclear fuel pool at No.4 reactor is exposed to outside air: TEPCO

Water likely to be poured into crippled No. 4 reactor in Japan

TOKYO, March 15 (Reuters) - The operators of a crippled nuclear power plant may pour water into the overheating fuel pool in the No. 4 reactor within two or three days, the plant operator said.

It did not say why it had to wait two or three days.

Wonder why they say they have to wait 2-3 days. Arent they right on the Ocean? Arent they already doing this to other Reactors?
edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
MSNBC:higher radiation reported in Russian city 500 miles from stricken plant

500 mile spread? The Russians are reporting, and the guys at Tepco keep trying to down play it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is interesting...

From the Wiki page about the scandal...

In March 2008, Tokyo Electric announced that the start of operation of four new nuclear power reactors would be postponed by one year due to the incorporation of new earthquake resistance assessments.

So they were delaying construction because future designs for their power plants LACKED sufficient earthquake resistance? Is that Irony?
edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Aw this story just breaks my heart for the Japanese people who are already going through so much...

Millions in Japan freeze without electricity, heat - Rolling blackouts implemented as quake-devastated country faces crippled power grid

the temperatures are near freezing. … (In some places) it is snowing. The immensity of this crisis cannot be understated.”

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
China's Xinhua News - Japanese PM slams nuke plant operator's handling of growing crisis

The prime minister also urged TEPCO not to withdraw its workers from the faltering power plant, saying that in the event of a withdrawal he was "100 percent sure the company would collapse."[/url]

If you remove your workers from the leaking radio active plant, I assure you 100% that your company (TEPCO) will collapse. WOAH! Sounds like a gangster threat from the Japanese PM.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Given that a US warship picked up on radiation 100 miles off the coast, imagine how high the radiation level is on the land, even just 20 miles away. The US warship left immediately. Actions will tell us the truth and not words, so yes, completely agree with this thread

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Definitely a cover up going on, and rather a deft one at that. The media is using cliches like "a race against the clock" to describe the current dumping of water on the reactor/s with helicopters and water cannons. I'd say that if you're throwing water at a reactor from afar that the race is over. The "experts" must know this but are not really saying very much about it. Unless water is pumped into and out of the reaction vessels and the fuel containment ponds, a meltdown is pretty much assured. It's just a matter of time.

edit on 17-3-2011 by mrwiffler because: brain

top topics

join