It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Quake off the Coast of Queensland Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Although the article says that the earthquake following the quakes of japan and New Zealand are just coincidental, I cant help but believe otherwise. the Australian Plate is right next to the Pacific Plate. Tell me how they're not related...
www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

I can't answer your question but am bumping this thread in the hopes someone else can because I would also like to know if it's related and how so. thank you for sharing this news.

-B.M

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
we really don't tend to get many quakes in Australia, so to get one now I call strange coincidence.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Agreed, one hell of a strange coincidence. Oh forgot to add I don't believe in coincidences

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Would just like to note that I have lived in far north Queensland for almost 16 years and have never heard of an earthquake in that region ever happening. So to say it's unusual would be an understatement... what the hell!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
certainly not something experienced very often, what with 3 quakes in the past decade for this area, even though some have theorized larger earthquakes can cause instability elsewhere, geoscience seems to have no answer to support this being the case based solely on evidence in effect.

news.smh.com.au...
edit on 15-3-2011 by redgy because: added word

top topics

join