It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Of Tanks (W.O.T)- Who's in?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hello all!

Anyone more than me that are totally hooked on World of Tanks?

At the present, I am wheeling a PzKpfw III Ausf. A and a Hetzer tank destroyer (the latter being slow as a freaking slug!).

I am fighting under the username Deathcrusher
(It's a classic!) and I am in the European server.

Would be awesome to know if any fellow ATS's are out there as well.

See you out on the battlefield!

/Raud

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

WOW 1.7GB, I don't think I can download this
. But thanks for the tip, had not heard of that one. By the way, is this free? If so, will it cease being free once they're out of beta. And I suppose this is a good game?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
it is actually a fun game, i roll an is4 mostley but also play a stugIII.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

The game is awesome if you have in interest in tanks/WWII
There is a high level of detail and historical correctness when it come to the vehicles. You upgrade your tank through "research" that will take you through a "tech-tree" of either Allied, Soviet or German tanks, 1930's to late 40's.

It's very easy to play but the competition is harsh! Still, one learns very fast how to operate in battle.
What I would like to see, however, is more coordination between players. There's a bit too much "kindergarden" going on at times...

What happens when the beta runs out?
I'll most probably buy the alpha!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

Cool!

I am also longing for the StuG III since the Hetzer is just too slow for comfort...

Are you playing under the same username as on here and what server are you on?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hehe

Poor little ones
I'm currently driving a PzKpfw VIB Tiger II

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

I envy and dread you

I bet you started playing from day 1 of the beta realease?
I started last week!

Playing at least 3 hrs/day now...finding every excuse to get some time online. It's like back in the day when HL was new! Mom came into the room yelling: "Have you been playing that crap for an entire day now??!!!
This time, replace mom with gf.

Are you on the Eur server? What is your username?

Rock on and watch your six. One of these days a Jagdpanther labelled "Deathcrusher" might frag you!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I got a trojan virus / malware from downloading this

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

No offence mate but somehow I seriously doubt that.

Are you running Vista as your os? I do myself and it regards everything that isn't Windows labelled products "malware" or armageddon brining super viruses.

I can assure both you and everyone else that the official download is risk free.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Raud because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've been playing since October. I'm about 10k xp from an IS-4 right now with about $8 million and 10k gold laying around left over after the period of 5x experience/money.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

yeah, i'm using vista...i've downloaded WOW, and star trek online w/ no prob. this said trojan virus blah blah....??? who knows /also, the setup download (problem file) would not run either to install?? does that help??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Did you download it from the World of Tanks website? I've installed it at least 6 times on my various computers and it's been clean every time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Yeah, I also had serious problems with the setup. It froze on me so many times that I thought like: "ah, too bad, it seemed like such a cool game..." and just left it to itself.
A few reboots (normal, everyday computer on/off:s) later it worked.

I have no idea what the problem was but I guess this is one of the reasons they make a beta version first

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

5x XP/credits, you say?

How do I achieve this interresting feautre?

Gonna get online right now

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

the stugg is way faster then the hetzer so stick with it and you will be happy, i am on the north american server under the name gelnath.

the 5x xp thing was just a special few days they did a couple weeks back so everyone got a chance to play differant things, i was out of town that week and missed it too.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
I've been playing since October. I'm about 10k xp from an IS-4 right now with about $8 million and 10k gold laying around left over after the period of 5x experience/money.

ok i am going to tell you, when you first get your is4 you are going to hate it, same gun as is3 to start but a slower tank, but stick with it once you get it upgraded you will be a monster, the big is4 gun is the same gun the is7 uses it is pretty nasty! and a whole lot of fun once its all upgraded.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

I am so freaking ANGRY with my Hetzer! I hate how sluggish it is and the accuracy is below expectations.
Still, I know the StuG is coming to me soon so I am trying to make the most of it. Just gotta earn a few K's of XP first...

Did you know that the Hetzer came as a Flammenpanzer too (I mean in the irl WW2)?
Nasty stuff.

What I miss with WoT is
1) More teamwork- the times when the team sticks together, a base cap is achieved within minutes.
2) Infantery- how cool wouldn't that be if you could also play as panzergrenadier or tankhunter!

I can't wait to see the "alpha" version of WoT!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Ok, I regret some of the ranting about the Hetzer; after mounting the 10,5cm StuH it's like killing spree every battle!
Gotta watch out though, there is like 10 sec reloading time...

If you are on the Eur server, you better be on my side of the opposing forces!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
if you want to raise the level of fun and coordination find yourself a good clan, especially with the upcoming clan-wars stuff being added soon your going to really want one, they are going to have clan battles for various territories it sounds pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lately I've noticed the teamwork just seems to kinda happen if people are actually playing the roles their tanks are meant for. People scouting in lights, circling around in meds, and slugging it out in heavies. Oh, and you're lucky to only be playing the Hetzer now. It used to be pretty terrible. Either way my IS-3 laughs at them though

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join