It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAPPY SUPERMOON! Or is it? The night terror I had growing up- Could it have been a premonition?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Much peace and love to all my fellow ATS'ers!
This is my intro thread- YAY!

Just a little FYI about me- I've lived in several different countries/have done a lot of traveling, I'm Christian (non-denom and love all my fellow humans no matter what!), Got my Bach of Sci in Psychology/PRE-MED and minored in Philosophy, but put a hold on med-school to pursue my true passion- DANCE! Which I do professionally, as well as instruct and choreograph. If you met me, you'd probably never believe that I'm a total nerd HA! But like they say- NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

[Oh yeah, and I've been a lurker for several years/official member for about 6 months.
So, anywaysssss.... without further ado!]

***Seeing that it's now the INFAMOUS MARCH 15th- SUPERMOON time baby...
this post is most fitting***

When I was a child, I had intense night terrors.
(Mind you, these are NOT the same as nightmares- night terrors do not occur with all children- and a child who is in the middle of a night terror will seem alert: eyes open, responsive but in fight-or-flight mode/hysterical, etc)
Night terrors are also recurring-
I had three repeating terrors, starting from age 3 til I was about 6.
The first one I had, and the most prevalent, revolved around the moon.

Seeing as that was 20-something years ago, I've forgotten much of the dream, except the 'climax' part-
I remember that in VIVID detail.
And seeing that I am a self-taught video artist/editor, I figured I'd help y'all visualize my experience- went ahead and created a rough animation to show the part I remember (it's not exact, but the best I could do in a short amount of time)

HERE IS MY ANIMATION VIDEO:

***ETA: oh yeah- forgot to mention that I included that scene from The Day the Earth Stood Still because it's very similar to my dream- especially everyone's reaction. Literally AWE-some, but awe-ful...amazing but scary as hell.***

So what I remember is briefly this:
(Keep in mind, I was only THREE AND A HALF YEARS OLD when I began having this night terror- and recurred at least 10 times a year for several years- ALWAYS EXACTLY THE SAME)

I'm at home with my parents, and a close girlfriend of my mothers.
We're just sitting around, them talking, and me playing with some toys in the great room.
Just a normal weekend evening.
And then all of a sudden, the house started to shake, increasing in intensity.
I ran to the window and looked up at the sky and saw the clouds moving in 'fast-forward'
And all of a sudden the moon began to move.
It was getting closer.
And sprouting half-moons.
As is got closer, it began rotating, and becoming almost blindingly bright- the shaking continued to increase.
My parents and my mom's friend were just standing there, mouths open, in a state of shock.
And for some reason, curiosity maybe?, or maybe a higher power calling me to do it, I felt compelled to go to the back deck (our kitchen had doors leading out to the raised deck), and go outside.
I did.
At first I couldn't see anything because it was so bright outside- the whole sky and neighborhood were lit up as though it were daylight.
Then the light began to dim, and what I saw was this glowing, floating moon (with multiple half-moons/spheres protruding from it) on our back deck.
It was mesmerizing.
I just stood there, almost hypnotized.
It was the most beautiful, yet most terrifying thing I'd ever seen (granted I was only a few years old LMAO- but still to this day- I feel the same way about it)
Then it began to vibrate, and shake.
And the temperature started to plummet- DRASTICALLY within seconds.
I ran back inside, and slammed the doors shut, locking them as I ran to my parents crying and scared.
All I was saying to them- well, shouting actually- was "DO NOT GO OUTSIDE!!! DO NOT GO OUT THERE! PLEASE MOMMY, DADDY! IT'S NOT SAFE! IT'S SO COLD! AND THE MOON- THE MOON- IT'S GONE BAD!"

And that was usually when I would come out of the dream.
My parents said that I actually was screaming those words (in real life)
And there were a couple occasions when I actually went to THEIR ROOM AND WOKE THEM UP in hysterics and trying to warn them.

WOULD LOVE TO KNOW Y'ALLS INTERPRETATION- MY MOM AND I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS AT LENGTH FOR MANY YEARS...

That's all for now- I have to get to bed

There are some other details I want to share relative to this- so I'll try and do that tomorrow (well- technically later today lol)
God bless

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Wow. I got the shivers reading that. Could totally visualize it and feel it. Don't know what to think of it though. Rather I think I don't want to think of it at all. But thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
happy first post yaaaay

ok so on topic, ive dreamed dreamt? i dunno lol but i have had dreams about the moon a few times and the moon has always been huuuuuuge!"

it was so huge that in my dream at the end up of street it looked like the moon was so close you could touch it, but i didnt really feel a sense of foreboding or doom just a feeling of awe....

but im looking forward to seeing this supermoon in the uk if weather permits, its been really overcast here the past ...forever lol

S+F for you

edit on 15-3-2011 by NWOnoworldorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I think you're absolutely right to associate current situations with your childhood fears. Myself I await the bogeyman calling at any time.

Oh hang on, I've matured (apparently) and am an adult now, forget that.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My wife and yourself share a lot of similarities as in traveling, dancing, she was Christian, and she is a avid video editor! So cool stuff with that...

Sorry I cant watch your video... my dial-up internet wont let me, unless i want to spend the next 4 hours loading it

But I read your OP... I must say it is chilling...

I've always thought night terrors to be of a "super-natural" origin... I have no proof of such... but i've wanted to pursue my theory and do some research...

But since I don't know any adults/children that suffer from NT's then... its kinda odd when you ask a stranger... can I watch or record your child sleeping? So... i figured it would be less creepy if I didnt continue on with that pursuit... haha...

It's odd that this super moon reaches Full Moon status on the 19th... and the 20th is Easter... if you want to get "cryptic" then maybe there is a connection?

As far as what you described... I've long thought that the moon was artificial and put here by a "greater" power... It was designed and put into place so stabilize the Earth. So that life could prosper... as my Uncle once described Earth and the Moon...

"Some real-estate agent was flying by saw this planet and said 'Hey, this place isnt bad! We got those Humans that need a place to live... wait wait... something already lives here. But their too stupid with sharp teeth... send a few asteroids their way and wipe em out... and then send in the supply ship (the moon)"

No matter what you believe, thats a interesting summary, none the less... haha

But add in your NT's... and my theory that the moon is a space ship finds some back up...

Anyways thanks for sharing!!!

It is best said by Dracula himself...

"I bid you welcome, ltinycdancerg. Welcome to ATS. Come freely. Go safely; and leave something of the happiness you bring!"

-Peace and Safety be with you

-Evol Eric

EDIT: PS... my wife also puts "

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Another thing...
I just want to point out- which what me, my fam and friends find to be the most chilling part of all this-
I was only 3 and a half years old when I began having this terror.
My parents were SUPER conscientious about exposing me to TV- I hardly watched it at all- and the little bit I did was sesame street, strawberry shortcake, popples, and a couple others- point being, NOTHING that would have exposed me to astronomy let alone doomsday type thinking/feelings.
The feeling from this dream was DEFINITELY not good- hence it being a night terror.
At first, it wasn't scary- it was almost as though I was being manipulated by an external power- kind of like 'bliss' in the V series. Then it was as though I broke free of that grasp- and it was very scary. I remember the feelings of the dream more than anything- I felt frantic, deceived, confused, helpless, and alone. It was a horrible feeling.
That's what I find chilling about this experience- it's not like I had watched some movie or something and then had a nightmare about it- I was never exposed to anything that would trigger this- so it came from my own mind/cognition/spirit.
Hope that makes sense lol (i'm exhausted!)
***I was an early 80's baby- just to give you a time frame ref***

edit on 15-3-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: age ref

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sounds like your mind as a child was in alignment with the Universal truths of creation and destruction. Its quite possible that we get to see it occur in this lifetime, but, its possible that this is a memory from a previous one, revamped to fit your current memory in this incarnation. Ultimately, past, present and future all exist simultaneously. Which did you see...who knows? Did you just experience "a dream?"

The question is this, are dreams simply just that...dreams? I don't think so...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Thank you so much for the S&F! I worked fervently on that vid!

And it seems that the large moon thing is pretty common in dreams...I've never met anyone (that I've talked with about this that is) who has had anything similar to this- especially with it being a night terror and not a normal nightmare/dream. I've always wanted to share this with a community that was open-minded and I am soooo grateful for finding ATS- I can finally share my little bit of 'out-there-ness'

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Interesting post there and kudos for the video, it made for something a bit different!

I don't know what to say in regards to the night terrors but the super moon is supposed to happen this weekend. It would be creepy if you started to have them again, leading up to the day. Hope you don't though!

I have to ask what is the music in the video you made, as it's really awesome.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

FLAG! and welcome,interesting video,i too suffered from some form of night terrors when i was a kid,though i cant remember much about them other than being terrified and even had small flash back type things when drifting off to sleep when i was much older in my late teens.For me they are so hard to explain, but the thing that stays with me is some kind of thudding in my head,maybe my high temperature or heart beat caused this,lol sorry like i said its hard to explain,really weird!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Perhaps I see another similarity you and my wife share...

She also overlooks and ignores anything I tell her

..haha

top topics

join