It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Normal:Small quake off N Queensland coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Can a resident quake expert come here and tell me this is normal.
www.abc.net.au...
Geoscience Australia has recorded a magnitude-4 earthquake off the far north Queensland coast.

Authorities say there is no tsunami threat or reports of damage:
edit on 15-3-2011 by 12voltz because: of the ringing in my ears

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

It's normal

It's just New Zealand settling into its new position

But to understand that, you'd need to have read the 'New Zealand Has Moved ' thread from last year, in which hundreds of supposedly sane individuals claimed the ' real ' position for New Zealand was off the northern coast of Western Australia. They don't remember when New Zealand moved. It was speculated it might have done a sneaky run during hours of darkness, bit at a time ...

So maybe NZ's on the move again

Might be thinking of coming up your way, now the hot season's nearly over

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Oh not that NZ has moved thread again,Can we start another thread like' Japan has moved on the map' at least there will be some truth in it.Come on up ,Raining one day ,underwater the next, i think that is the official tourism slogan now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Rare but not unheard of , Australia does have earthquakes from time to time but buy no means common.We are not on the same faultlines like New Zealand .Research New Castle earthquake, the most recent (quite old) to really make media attention .Had just been informed of the innisfail quake myself a few moments back .Don't lose sleep over it friend .

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

The area of Queensland Australia that experienced the 4.0 Earthquake, has had Floods and Cyclones (the worst being yasi a catergory 5 ) in the last three months.
They are still being subjected to torrential rain events.
A NZ weather forecaster Kevin Ring has a website that details the link to these events and the influence of the moon.(google Kevin ring).
He has predicted a strong chance of another major quake in NZ 's South island, around March 20th, using the same theory regarding the Moons influence.
Every event has meaning, most Earthquakes in Australia coincidentally or not occur near mined coal seams, there are whales being spooked off the coast of oz at the moment (a sign of below seabed activity before an Earthquake that is felt by humans?
I hope NZ is spared and so too Australia.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

The area of Queensland Australia that experienced the 4.0 Earthquake, has had Floods and Cyclones (the worst being yasi a catergory 5 ) in the last three months.
They are still being subjected to torrential rain events.
A NZ weather forecaster Kevin Ring has a website that details the link to these events and the influence of the moon.(google Kevin ring).
He has predicted a strong chance of another major quake in NZ 's South island, around March 20th, using the same theory regarding the Moons influence.
Every event has meaning, most Earthquakes in Australia coincidentally or not occur near mined coal seams, there are whales being spooked off the coast of oz at the moment (a sign of below seabed activity before an Earthquake that is felt by humans?
I hope NZ is spared and so too Australia.

Gosh that's fascinating , youre telling this to a flood ravaged Queenslander ????

top topics

join