It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

That simple one line quote gets a star from me. The reason I took the Queen's schilling so long ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That is a sad story, and a great post. I totally agree, and I'm glad you came out of such a horrible period of your life in one piece. Respect

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The bully's counted on Casey to to be passive
They counted wrong

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Darwinian award!

game over.

just kids working it out.

ya right. love the frikin slam!

edit on 15-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Okay, you guys all make great points that I am in total agreement with, but what I'm seeing in this vid is not an attack, but a provocation. The manner of retaliation was incredibly asymmetrical, by the fact that the "attacker" was not posing an actual threat. A preceived threat? Maybe, but I have a hard time believing that for several obvious reasons.

An unrestrained abuse of power is all I see.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

As others have pointed out, no-one here knows the back story. In a UK court of law, Caseys reaction would have been deemed as a use of reasonable force to subdue his attacker. He was hit twice in the head and once in the body and there seemed to be no sign of the attack stopping any time soon.

IMHO he was perfectly justified, you are of course entitled to your own opinion though

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Well said!

I had to watch my daughter change from a happy, pleasant girl who loved school,into a withdrawn,nervous wreck of a child,who refused to fight back as she was afraid the school would give her a reprimand,all because of a jumped up little #,like the one in the clip!

I even went round to this kids parents house to ask them to talk to their child,but they just point blank refused to believe the accusations,despite numerous reports and complaints from other kids parents!

Eventually i told the father that the next time his kid lays a finger on my daughter,i would drag him from his house and kick the # out of him,and see how he liked it!

Guess what? The problem ceased from that very minute!

Sometimes the parents of these kids just dont care what they get up to,and have to be reminded!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
I'll teach my kids that animals use violence to solve their social issues, and human beings are expected to use words.

Was Hitler overthrown with words? Do police solely use words to enforce the law, or force?
I'm largely an anti-war pacifist (I'd only support national self-defense in the case of an invasion). In a perfect world, there would be no need of violence. Sadly, we do not yet live in a perfect world
edit on 15/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: Edited for clarity

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
disregard
edit on 3/15/11 by BrokenCircles because: connection problems or something. not sure. couldn't fix it. some sort of technological malfunction. repeated on next post.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Not quite sure what's going on with my previous comment so I'll try again.

Originally posted by Darce

An unrestrained abuse of power is all I see.

I disagree with that. To me, it is obvious that the 'scrawny hopper' did not want or expect Casey to fight back. Judging by that only, I think it is safe to assume that this has happened before. Otherwise, 'scrawny hopper' would not of been so confident of himself. Casey gave him 1 defensive act, to let him know that 'enough is enough.' Was it a strong act? Well, yes, but that's not his fault.

An unrestrained abuse of power, would be if Casey had continued. He could of crushed 'scrawny hopper,' but he did not. He stepped back. For that, I give him much credit.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

common, this was an attack, not a tease.

ok? can you see that?

you see what the other kids did? that tells me the whole story.

the gal at the end would have dropped the mofo that looked like he didn;t like what happened to the road kill.

i been there, done that.

the kid was lucky. rocked his world.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

I came away in one peice, but when I see kids going through the same thing now... It makes me angry to think that nothing was learned by the mistakes made by the system back when I was at school. It makes me happy however, to see that there are still those standing up for themselves and reminding people about the consequences of a breakdown in mutual respect for a persons personal space.
I do worry for kids these days though. In the school I went to , they have made changes in the last ten years which mean that life for the kids is nothing like as vile or violent as it used to be when I was there, and thats to the good. But for those still exposed to this sort of thuggery , and without a supportive educational system which protects thier rights, there are kids who are going to suffer the exact same thing I did, even now. For those not capable of slamming thier assailants against the floor like dolls, this will pose a problem which will seem insurmountable.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think this is a reflection of society in general.

If you are in any violence whatsover regardless of who started it, both get in trouble with the police, quite often the one that does the most damage is the one who gets the most trouble.

I remember when I was in my teens, there was a gang of about 20 people that would beat people up individually for no reason at all. They would circle you and get a guy who was younger than you to hit you, if you hit back they would all attack you at the same time. Now some people might think this is weak but I spent my teenage years running from this group, I was fit and I could fight but I dont care who the heck you are, you cant fight 20 people at once who are three years older than you when you are only thirteen.

This went on for years at the school I went too, until one guy stood up to them, he could take a hit and dish it out. They broke both his arms and his father arrived to stop this, one of the boys broke a piece of fence from a nearby house and hit the father in the head with it. Unknown to the bullies, there was a nail sticking out the end of the stick, that father now can hardly speak as he was brain damaged from it and one of the boys was charged with attempted murder.

This guy was let out after 6 months as he was under sixteen and in the present the same gang walks my hometown now as adults, breaking into houses, selling drugs on the streets, fighting with people for no reason and so on.

Choosing to fight is something that I believe is a last resort but sometimes its not a resort at all.

I think this video could potentially cause a lot of bullied kids to get hammered by standing up to bullies if they are inspired by the young kid body slamming the bully, that causes a lot more psychological damage than bullying itself I think. I dont think im the only one who lived in a place where a bunch of kids had adults terrified of them.

Dont get me wrong though, its important to stand up to yourself but theres more ways than doing that, than fists alone.
edit on 15-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
reply to post by fooks

Well said!

I had to watch my daughter change from a happy, pleasant girl who loved school,into a withdrawn,nervous wreck of a child,who refused to fight back as she was afraid the school would give her a reprimand,all because of a jumped up little #,like the one in the clip!

I even went round to this kids parents house to ask them to talk to their child,but they just point blank refused to believe the accusations,despite numerous reports and complaints from other kids parents!

Eventually i told the father that the next time his kid lays a finger on my daughter,i would drag him from his house and kick the # out of him,and see how he liked it!

Guess what? The problem ceased from that very minute!

Sometimes the parents of these kids just dont care what they get up to,and have to be reminded!

that can stop it dead.

good for you!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I think this is a reflection of society in general.

If you are in any violence whatsover regardless of who started it, both get in trouble with the police, quite often the one that does the most damage is the one who gets the most trouble.

I remember when I was in my teens, there was a gang of about 20 people that would beat people up individually for no reason at all. They would circle you and get a guy who was younger than you to hit you, if you hit back they would all attack you at the same time. Now some people might think this is weak but I spent my teenage years running from this group, I was fit and I could fight but I dont care who the heck you are, you cant fight 20 people at once who are three years older than you when you are only thirteen.

This went on for years at the school I went too, until one guy stood up to them, he could take a hit and dish it out. They broke both his arms and his father arrived to stop this, one of the boys broke a piece of fence from a nearby house and hit the father in the head with it. Unknown to the bullies, there was a nail sticking out the end of the stick, that father now can hardly speak as he was brain damaged from it and one of the boys was charged with attempted murder.

This guy was let out after 6 months as he was under sixteen and in the present the same gang walks my hometown now as adults, breaking into houses, selling drugs on the streets, fighting with people for no reason and so on.

Choosing to fight is something that I believe is a last resort but sometimes its not a resort at all.

I think this video could potentially cause a lot of bullied kids to get hammered by standing up to bullies if they are inspired by the young kid body slamming the bully, that causes a lot more psychological damage than bullying itself I think. I dont think im the only one who lived in a place where a bunch of kids had adults terrified of them.

Dont get me wrong though, its important to stand up to yourself but theres more ways than doing that, than fists alone.
edit on 15-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

that's terrible!

sorry but in my world they would have met with accidents when they got out of juvi.

in my world, dad would have taken care of it. that was back in the day when you were more scared of your parents than the cops.

now these little pricks have their own lawyers.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I would gladly do time in order to ride society of this blight.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The problem with many schools nowadays is that they have become too politically correct,trying to use psychology on bullies by coercing and coaxing them,rather than punishing them for their misdemeanors!

I have seen some of the worst students being given awards and applause,for the smallest gesture (picking up litter!) in an attempt to make them feel like they are a valuable part of the school,while good pupils are left to get on with it with no recognition of the good work they are doing everyday!

Whilst many people may believe this direction works,i believe it simply gives unruly pupils a green light to carry on bullying,thinking that as long as they make the occasional good gesture,it will get them of the hook!

Worst thing they did was ban the belt from schools in Britain! Not only did you walk around all day with a sore hand to remind you,but then you would have to explain to you parents when you got home,why you were belted in the first place!

Double whammy!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Watching this made me so incredibly sad......

Although the little guy got what he deserved, I feel no joy watching this video.

At my children's school there was a case when a bully was beaten up by the boy he constantly picked on. The fallout was so enormous that the family moved and transferred their son (the one being picked on) to another school.

Sometimes fighting back against a bully can have positive ramifications (after consequences are served)..but in some cases it makes it worse. The bully in my situation was one of the most popular kids in school, and his "followers" made life a living hell for the other child. They did not suddenly flock to the weaker boy and extol his praises but followed him home everyday in a sort of mentally abusive revenge. He was tripped in the hallways, spit on, knocked over on the playground - all "accidentally" so noone was ever blamed.

It was such a similar situation to this that my heart breaks watching it. The picked on child was a larger boy, a very gentle sweet boy. He went against every principle and moral he knew was right and beat the snot out of the younger wiry popular boy. To add insult to injury (years of being bullied and called "fattie") he now felt ashamed of himself for not doing the "right" thing.

I KNOW in my head that fighting between kids will happen, and probably always will happen. I have 3 boys myself and have heard my share of stories (involving them and others)...there have also always been and probably always will be bullies. I was both bullied and acted as a bully in school and I survived and turned into a halfway decent human being! However, it just seems so much more violent and aggressive these days. I remember bullying a girl in my school when I was about 10...I used to pull her hair or call her names..once I pushed her off her bike....perhaps I sucked at bullying... I don't know...

My heart goes out to this boy and I hope things go smoothly from here on out

Michelle

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

People don't seem to realize that little slam was merciful. Had he cocked back that hamsized hand of his and let him have it, probably would have snapped his scrawny neck like a twig, or he would be eating through a straw for the next two months. But the kid was nice and just gave him a gimpy knee.

People that think that because the twerp was much smaller, therefore not a threat... I don't know where you learned this nonesense. First of all, he obviously wasn't alone, and if you know groups of thugs like these, they would have joined in eventually had he done nothing. They wouldn't want tiny to get all the "glory" and credit for it.
edit on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:44:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I agree.

It was usually the small,wiry ones that you had to look out for!
Almost like the bullying was a way to raise their self esteem regarding their lack of build!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join