It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Why all the vitriol. I think the problem is YOU.

I thought I had put people like behind me. You are latching onto an emotive video to re-enact your past and IMO bullying the bully without restraint.

I've been dealing with my bug bears in the opposite way. Instead of creating an internalised schematic of my problems I see the people who have done me wrong as equals who deserve my forgiveness, so I forgive them and acknowledge my own wrongs even if they are mental, never realised, but hate-filled none the less.

It time that you stop regressing. I had an awful issue in my past, but even though I was just 16 I categorised it, by putting it to pen. What I found was that the issues exasperated over time. The bully was more powerful after the fact. I talked about this to people who care and they all understood. It's not unusual. I suspect this is the case for you.

I think you're off on a tangent. You have internalised some events to a degree they never effected you at the time. You were once a kid too right? Sorry but you are looking for excuses to maintain a demeanour via unrelated events.

For a start this bully did nothing to you. Do you realise this fact? He can't get at you. He won't even try, or want to, yet you allow him to affect you. You're far more angry than you need to be and it's not just a matter of making an example of some little boy. You've taken it a whole world further.

I'll suggest that same thing I did before. Allow yourself to go rethink your past. With courage you can relive the events, with a mature spin.

The problems you speak about are issues from your past, and unrelated. It's not as if you aren't capable of being a bully - you are doing just that. You seem to acknowledge the fact when you make abusive comments about some kid you'll never meet. You have made a map of right and wrong but excluded your irrelevant reactions.

This grudge you have has nothing to do with the media.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Cheering on the kid, and condemning the bully's actions is not bullying the bully. Saying that the school was crappy for suspending someone that defended themself, is not bullying the bully. Now finding his facebook/myspace, making fun of him, that would be bullying the bully. I wonder if anon is on that one? Unless bullyboy is a member of ATS, this is having no effect on him whatsoever.

And also, the annoyance and anger isn't at the bully, specifically. It is at the system that allows so many people to be bullied. And at people who think they are smart, and try to say that defending himself was wrong. Making excuses for the bully because of size, expecting us to feel bad, because he got himself hurt. Boo hoo, yeah I felt a little bad, like when I see a video of a skateboarder trying to do something really stupid, and they end up hurt. But I don't feel TOO bad for them, because they brought it upon themself.
edit on Sat, 19 Mar 2011 04:13:03 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The little punk punched him right in the eye socket! That could cause MAJOR damage! Pause it @ 0:05, when the first punch is thrown. His rear foot is off the ground and all his weight is on his front foot, that is a nice way to throw a punch.

He got what he deserved, and then some.

I have a feeling he won't walk up to people and punch them in the face for no reason for a very long time.

He learned a lesson, and some people feel sorry for him. Don't. He learned a valuable lesson. And that is the bottom line

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Cheering on the kid, and condemning the bully's actions is not bullying the bully. Saying that the school was crappy for suspending someone that defended themself, is not bullying the bully. Now finding his facebook/myspace, making fun of him, that would be bullying the bully. I wonder if anon is on that one? Unless bullyboy is a member of ATS, this is having no effect on him whatsoever.

And also, the annoyance and anger isn't at the bully, specifically. It is at the system that allows so many people to be bullied. And at people who think they are smart, and try to say that defending himself was wrong. Making excuses for the bully because of size, expecting us to feel bad, because he got himself hurt. Boo hoo, yeah I felt a little bad, like when I see a video of a skateboarder trying to do something really stupid, and they end up hurt. But I don't feel TOO bad for them, because they brought it upon themself.
edit on Sat, 19 Mar 2011 04:13:03 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I agree with everything you said.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If your going to dance around like Ali, you should at least fight like him too.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
I think the problem is YOU.

Why am I not surprised you do not like those that do not support bullies....

I thought I had put people like behind me.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but you will never put people who do not support bullies behind you

I had an awful issue in my past

Yes, being a bully must be awful

You were once a kid too right?

But never a bully or a bully supporter, unlike some here...

For a start this bully did nothing to you.

Here we have a bully trying to apologise and make excuses for the bully

You're far more angry than you need to be

Actually, I am not angry at all, you appear the one angry that people do not support the bully!

snip a little rant of you trying to blame others for your bullying.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I do not need a re-assesment of my capacity to discern meaning from life. Mine, or anyone elses. I constantly re-assess my situation, every day, every moment.
However, protecting children from sociopathic scum is not something which has changed in terms of its importance. Too much emphasis is placed on the importance of the offenders position , even after many years of abuses of that rule throughout the systems which put that rule in place, no matter which nation they are applied to.
If a violent child can access a peaceful one, the system is wrong and needs to change. If a peaceful child strikes out at an attacker, or regular abuser and is punished in even the merest of terms for doing so, then the system is wrong and needs to change. If an abuser can get away with years of abuse without so much as an arrest, the system is wrong and needs to change. We live in a world where there are some extremely sick, sadistic children in our midst, here in Britain particularly. This in mind, we cannot expect things to change, if even the places which are supposed to teach children the skills required for life, are incapable of teaching the consequences of violent behaviour.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I've often wondered why they don't open a school especially for violent children and let them beat each other up.
Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

They don't have those where you are at? In NY they are called BOCES, I graduated from one. It was a school for kids that got tossed out of a few other schools, they had armed guards there. Problem is that they don't throw bullies out often enough I think. Mostly it is just a day or two suspension, they must have a 100 strike rule or something

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah it's mainly either suspensions or being expelled but for that to happen takes a god awful long time and these kids can do a lot of damage to other kids in the meantime.
The problem with suspensions and even expulsions is that a lot of these bullies are low achievers and prefer not to be at school anyway.
So I've often felt that it isn't a form of punishment for them sitting at home for a month playing the XBox.
If parents aren't home, a lot roam the streets getting into trouble there.
It just doesn't work.
Maybe it's time to bring the cane back into schools. It seemed to be a lot more effective in subduing kids at least temporarily that what they do today which is NOTHING MUCH.
I think this video has shown that unfortunately these bullies do respond to physical repercussions, so who knows?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yeah I do have to agree with you there. I hated in school suspension, loved out of school suspension, except for the part where I would get my ass whooped. Day off from school was great to me, because school was always so boring. I learned young, if I was in danger of getting ISS, I would do something else to make sure it was upgraded to OSS lmao.

In school suspension, playing show tunes, now that would be a better punishment if not bringing back the stick

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It would also probably help if these kids were given something else to do if they find school either boring or they aren't achieving anything both educationally and socially.
Maybe put them into woodwork, mechanics or some other thing that they have a natural aptitude for.
Not everyone is cut out to be academic. Hence where maybe a lot of their frustrations lie.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by TKDRL

It would also probably help if these kids were given something else to do if they find school either boring or they aren't achieving anything both educationally and socially.
Maybe put them into woodwork, mechanics or some other thing that they have a natural aptitude for.
Not everyone is cut out to be academic. Hence where maybe a lot of their frustrations lie.

That's true. I think people need to mellow their temper here. I don't expect the school to do anything. I've been thinking about what would be the best way to handle this situation. My first thought was that all children should do some form of martial arts. I can see that working in as much as hero's will get the opportunity to prove themselves and kids like Corey won't doubt their strength any more. I can see the counter argument but the training I did was about self defence.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Just saw the whole video

Loved that slam and the way he stands there after it with that look on his face then turning and walking away. He wont get bullied again

Thats exactly what the bully deserved

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I do not need a re-assesment of my capacity to discern meaning from life. Mine, or anyone elses. I constantly re-assess my situation, every day, every moment.
However, protecting children from sociopathic scum is not something which has changed in terms of its importance. Too much emphasis is placed on the importance of the offenders position , even after many years of abuses of that rule throughout the systems which put that rule in place, no matter which nation they are applied to.
If a violent child can access a peaceful one, the system is wrong and needs to change. If a peaceful child strikes out at an attacker, or regular abuser and is punished in even the merest of terms for doing so, then the system is wrong and needs to change. If an abuser can get away with years of abuse without so much as an arrest, the system is wrong and needs to change. We live in a world where there are some extremely sick, sadistic children in our midst, here in Britain particularly. This in mind, we cannot expect things to change, if even the places which are supposed to teach children the skills required for life, are incapable of teaching the consequences of violent behaviour.

I agree that no kid should be punished for fighting back, however I don't see the system as being a cause in the way you assert. It doesn't seem inappropriate to suspended a kid for fighting when he broke another child's leg. Watching the video, it's easy to see how this is an exceptional case, but I don't think the school has the resources to fully assess every incident, thus taking action into your own hand will always have consequences whether we like it or not. Next time he will learn to shove him instead, no?

I've bolded your comments that seem excessive. This is what I was talking about when I tried to straighten you out in regards to overreacting based on your own paradigm, things that affected you as a child etc...

I'm not defending the bully but I think it's important not to make assumptions.

I'm getting a lot of flak for speaking out, yet the responses don't match the things I've said. I feel the reaction is also more about what people want to believe than what actually happened. It's because I want to get behind a rational response to avoid these events that I'm typing this. That's all...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
I think the problem is YOU.

Why am I not surprised you do not like those that do not support bullies....

I thought I had put people like behind me.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but you will never put people who do not support bullies behind you

I had an awful issue in my past

Yes, being a bully must be awful

You were once a kid too right?

But never a bully or a bully supporter, unlike some here...

For a start this bully did nothing to you.

Here we have a bully trying to apologise and make excuses for the bully

You're far more angry than you need to be

Actually, I am not angry at all, you appear the one angry that people do not support the bully!

snip a little rant of you trying to blame others for your bullying.

dereks you are a tool. You know that right?
I don't support the bully. It's strange how you took the time to dissect my post but not to read what I wrote.
I can see a circular argument unfolding. You're clearly misrepresenting my comment in a deliberate fashion which is nothing less than belligerent. I've asked people not to work over the bully for the sake of their own past regrets and to be realistic with a dash of empathy, given they are kids. For all we know the bully gets a beating every time he walks in the door at his home, or maybe he's has been dropped on his head once too many times. (Maybe you have too?). He didn't start crying, so I'm assuming he's been a victim of violence himself.

It's like that. You cry for blood and fight anyone who dissents, like a bully, but in fact you don't anything about these kids. It's just something to thrust your opinions on given the sensationalists slant available and your wasting my time by throwing your weight around...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
From YouTube:

Regarding your account: PETROLCOIN

The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines:

• Non-Specific Title to Delay Deletion by YouTube - (PETROLCOIN)

Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

It's amazing how hard they are trying to keep this video off their site. I tried to upload it again but it's not letting me. So if there is anyone who hasn't seen it yet (doubtful), here is another link I posted that is still up: tinypic.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Makes no sense to me at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is an exclusive interview with Casey Heynes by Channel 9's ACA in Australia. Hurry and watch in case it gets pulled!

All I can say after watching this is... this kid is awesome.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Thanks for giving me the chance to watch this Petrolcoin, the adults involved ie the teachers and parents have all dropped the ball for effing years, in no way did Casey over react and I think he has a good case to sue the school for negligence and dereliction of care.

I'm in Casey's corner, good luck to the lad in the future and I hope he gets some friends out of this

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join