It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Casey is a HERO in the truest form! Long live Casey! I wish I knew him personally so I could take him to see a movie and feed him dairy queen or something, haha. He deserves such a reward.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by jfj123

We all need to take a look at what Casey did and encourage the base behavior-and that is to stand up for ourselves.
If we all had a little more Casey in us, we'd have a country-
OF THE PEOPLE
BY THE PEOPLE
FOR THE PEOPLE
instead of a country
of the rich
by the rich
for the rich

Sometimes it takes a few years (in Caseys case) to hit that critical mass.

In groups of humans, it can take decades, centuries, even. But I just have a gut feeling we are really close to body slamming the bullies. And maybe not even on a national level this time. It kind of feels like there is a surge going through humanity as a whole that is making us want to body slam the elite on a global scale.

I agree. It's slow in coming but noticeable.
We're seeing people standing up for themselves all over the planet.
Egypt
Lybia
The US
etc..
People are taking back their rights in states like Michigan and Wisconsin.
We need to keep up the momentum.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Bravo and hats off to the kid. I am sick and tired of pansy response's to goons and idiots. Lesson learned to the goon who provoked the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toecutter.

Originally posted by B.Morrison

what do you mean 'nice try' what exactly was I 'trying' to do? I still say that that based on the things i've heard being said about 'saving peopls reputations' on tv whenever this proposed law was mentioned that it could easily be abused.

I'm not against protecting kids from cyber bullying, I'm against a vague & knee-jerk piece of legislation.

Peace,
-B.M

G'day B.M,

My appologies if I got it wrong but I thought you were trying to say that embarressing was the same as humiliating, degrading or demeaning while they are similar it will always be somebodies opinion which means what. I think they are quite different things.
Yes I agree they are different things, but this is what concerns me, the msm (that i've seen) are taking the wording of the law & twisting it to relate to any defamation of reputation, which COULD (for e.g.) include video taping a cop beating on a civilian for e.g. or a politician letting a secret slip...I've found personally that the msm's are a good reflection of the courtroom, some are squeaky clean others are dirty & corrupt.

I can't answer what you were trying to do only you can. I made an assumption and for that i'm sorry.
don't be, its all good

The proposed legislation is far from being "knee jerk" have you not seen how often this happens and the serious damage that has been caused to young victims in the name of a humiliating and degrading video to upload to spewtube ? This is not a one off event and it is a damaging thing to do.

I agree that cyber bullying is everything you say it is but the law IS knee-jerk (IMHO) because it was penned by ONE guy in response to watching a dozen cyber bullying videos. Where was the planning? I feel this law cuts off the left leg in order to deal with the infected foot in you know what I mean. It's vague. really really vague, I'd almost say that the guy/judge/whatever is naive or 'not letting a good crisis go to waste'. either way these are just my opinions.

I have always said it should be illeagal to even take another persons photo and publish it without their consent.
If you saw a crime being committed by a police officer and had photographic proof why should you have to get the consent of the criminal to post the footage/photos/whatever? that's where I'm coming from.

How would you like it to happen to you ? Some moron beats you up just they can post a video of your beating to youtube.
how do you know it hasn't? why are you suggesting I'm against defending victims against bullying when I clearly stated I was 'for' it & you even apologised for assuming my intention yet here you are doing it again...

How would the legislation be abused, if it did happen through a certain set of circumstances the defendant could argue that what they did was not in the league of humiliation or degradation.

Here's an e.g. Do you know that if you were in a car accident where you hit a wall outside your house & you were the only person involved but you were injured & instead of reporting the crash you went inside to go to sleep & deal with it tomorrow, that you could be up for hit & run charges? why? because you were in an accident were you where the driver, and a person was injured; and you didn't report it. The simple fact that the driver and the injured party are the same person won't be contested until its brought to court - a process that can consume whole years. It is the exclusion of one or 2 words in the official wording of the law/legislation that was vague and allowed for the loophole to be abused. Sometimes they are abused for the good of the civilian, sometimes for the good of private vested interest or the state, the loopholes aren't always accidental either.

people getting dragged off to court all the time because a law wasn't thought out & worded well is a detriment to society. So therefore I say this law is vague, poorly constructed and much like the other recently proposed law regarding 10000 native plants, it's a detriment & we need something better than that.

I don't have to know exactly how this law could be abused to understand that the wording of a law makes all the difference & that 'humiliating, degrading & demeaning' can be twisted to mean a lot more than the law intended if a prosecuting police officer or lawyer choose too do so.

But best thing is don't post video's or photo's of people without their consent, simple.

and if you witness a crime that won't ever be acknowledged without your footage, do you post it or not? not that simple really.

thanks for your reply,
Peace,
-B.M
edit on 06/03/2011 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

There is already too many goddamn vague, total crap laws on the books already. Like ones that slap a violent sex offender label on a kid for having naked photos of themself is one great example I can think of. We need to be getting rid of crap laws, not piling on the crap!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If I were a grade school teacher, I'd show this vid clip to my students. It would certainly instigate interesting conversation, and maybe some kids would actually learn a valuable lesson or two...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
you know i reventely got in a fight im a high school student the kid punched me we fought but what i liked about casy is this. he took punches until he felt he needed to do something he did the one thing he dident keep wailing on the kid he walked away now that i respect he dident want to hurt him he HAD TO

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Dude!

"he who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby becomes a monster"

You left the rest of it out....

"he who does not fight monsters - dies"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
reply to post by lavenlaar

Casey is a HERO in the truest form! Long live Casey! I wish I knew him personally so I could take him to see a movie and feed him dairy queen or something, haha. He deserves such a reward.

He is being portrayed a national hero on Aus' TV on a tabloid news show. I saw the snippet. I hate the show though. He did a nice job of dropping the punk, but now things became unfair.

The bully will have a life long stigma. He was a stupid, what 12 y/old kid.

Don't we look down upon the witch hunts?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

And what do you think they were planning to do to do with that video they were taking. They were gonna post a video of what they though would be an ass whooping on youtube of course. To embarrass him, turnabout is fair play I say. He deserves it, and if you think we frown upon witch hunts....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
What would you all be saying if 'Casey' was the same size as the kid picking on hm?

You would bloody cheer.

I don't care who you are or where you come from, there are some things you just don't do.

The little turd started it, and 'Casey' finished it. It will most likely not happen again.

And as for suspensions and expulsions, all it is doing is congratulating the kids for doing wrong things. One of my sons was difficult at high school, and was suspended frequently. In the end I made the school send work home with him, that if it wasn't competed, there were consequences on return (internal suspension).

MM

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Comparing the villification of a genuinely toxic little animal , to the invented stigma of the witch, which lead to the excecutions and burnings of "witches" in the dark ages, is somewhat obtuse. The fact is , that whereas the witches that were burned were often proven not to have been witches at all, and whereas there was never any ACTUAL evidence of wrong doing on the part of the great majority of the convicted witches killed during hunts, bullies DO cause harm, of both physical and psychological nature to thier victims.

And lets be honest about this, bullying is a term which ceased to accurately describe its subject many years ago. The acts perpetrated by "bullies" (read : violent offenders) are called assault when they happen anywhere but school premises, and the law protects the innocent in any other setting. But when on school grounds the innocent are the only people who do NOT get the full protection of the law. They are expected to chalk up physical assaults on thier person , daily, or even hourly, to " a learning expirience" and let it slide. This is of course unacceptable, and thusly the innocent have to do battle for their survival as a psychological entity , by striking back and preventing themselves coming to harm.

That Casey was brave enough to take two solid thumps to the head, and several gut shots before destroying that little punk, is a testament to the fact that he did not show up to school with the intent to cause harm. He was just minding his business, when an idiot thug intruded into his personal space, assaulted him, and threatened to continue to assault him. His reaction was immediate, thorough, and prevented further attack effectively. But he should not have been in that position in the first place, because violent thugs should be prevented from perpetrating this sort of offense, not allowed to roam about happy slapping people.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

And what do you think they were planning to do to do with that video they were taking. They were gonna post a video of what they though would be an ass whooping on youtube of course. To embarrass him, turnabout is fair play I say. He deserves it, and if you think we frown upon witch hunts....

I'm not too keen on witch hunts. We're talking about children here. I think you should get your revenge where it counts - not here.

You Tube blocked the videos, why? I don't know. That constitutes a big worry considering how many people look to You Tube to educate themselves.

I can tell you that the news article in Australia will be played out and sensationalised beyond comprehension, all with fake grief and condescending adulations. It will be pitted against a dodgy tradesman and some rep' that rips people off - stuff to enrage the most insecure people, but his family will get paid, great...

I find that ugly. I want to get the bully too, but the tabloid avenue includes those who profit from taking the high moral ground in order to create fake journalism. They are worse!

The youthful bully, well he got his comeuppance. Do you endorse sensationalist journalism, here?
Shall we create an example out of a 12-13 y/old to make a point? Have you stooped that far yet? Did you hate him so much you would destroy his life.

Be sure the tabloids that take the high moral ground don't care.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So this happened at a school in Dunheved...that explains everything.
There has been bullying and violence going on in Mt Druitt public schools since the 1970s.
They have had 40 years to do something about it and yet in 2011 it is STILL GOING ON.
If that's not an epic fail on the part of the Education Department then I don't know what is.
They just refuse to admit that after 40 years of experience, they are totally clueless in what to do.

There are hundreds of the little rats like that bully in the area. They are totally OUT OF CONTROL.
Bus drivers have been bashed, assaulted, had bricks thrown through the drivers windows while going about doing their jobs.

The bus company that services the area Westbus is currently in talks to have areas as no go zones of a night time because of these out of control weasels. This of course impacts the decent people who live in the area by making it harder to get home on the bus after work if they work late. It adds on the extra cost of catching taxis.

So that paints a picture of what Casey has to live everyday of his life.
I'm glad he turned this little twig on his arse and taught him a lesson.
Too bad they can't put Casey on the buses as security.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

How much did that venomous little punk care when he was thumping Casey in the face ? He didnt ? Well then, I dont much give a damn about the scrawny little scumbag then. If he is not capable of compassion by now hes doomed anyway. I say throw him , and everyone who thinks like him in a wood chipper, and let the good kids learn in peace.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

He brought this upon himself the minute he decided to put his fist in someone else's face. I see no witch hunt here, no one is trying to do anything, other than cheer on someone who defended themself against a violent attack. This is not my revenge, I got my revenge years ago, much in the same way Casey did, except I beat the kid into the hospital. He showed way more restraint that I did that is for sure. Like I said, him and his buddies thought it would be great fun to beat up someone minding his own business, film it, and more than likely post it to the internet. That is why most people film fights. Their little plan backfired, and I guess his buddy wasn't as much of a buddy as he thought he was, he posted the backfire for the whole world to see.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Comparing the villification of a genuinely toxic little animal , to the invented stigma of the witch, which lead to the excecutions and burnings of "witches" in the dark ages, is somewhat obtuse. The fact is , that whereas the witches that were burned were often proven not to have been witches at all, and whereas there was never any ACTUAL evidence of wrong doing on the part of the great majority of the convicted witches killed during hunts, bullies DO cause harm, of both physical and psychological nature to thier victims.

And lets be honest about this, bullying is a term which ceased to accurately describe its subject many years ago. The acts perpetrated by "bullies" (read : violent offenders) are called assault when they happen anywhere but school premises, and the law protects the innocent in any other setting. But when on school grounds the innocent are the only people who do NOT get the full protection of the law. They are expected to chalk up physical assaults on thier person , daily, or even hourly, to " a learning expirience" and let it slide. This is of course unacceptable, and thusly the innocent have to do battle for their survival as a psychological entity , by striking back and preventing themselves coming to harm.

That Casey was brave enough to take two solid thumps to the head, and several gut shots before destroying that little punk, is a testament to the fact that he did not show up to school with the intent to cause harm. He was just minding his business, when an idiot thug intruded into his personal space, assaulted him, and threatened to continue to assault him. His reaction was immediate, thorough, and prevented further attack effectively. But he should not have been in that position in the first place, because violent thugs should be prevented from perpetrating this sort of offence, not allowed to roam about happy slapping people.

you've completely (and deliberately) mistaken my comparison to witch hunting. We are talking about a scapegoat, here. Good v evil. Arbitrary modes of distinction based on goodness knows what. You might have cause for alarm if the youth was an adult but we're talking about children. Why am I defending the bully... He may well have learned his lesson. I think you won't let him, so you burn him on a stake WITCH. Now the institutionalised bullies want to make him an example. That's just sick. Children...

Corey did enough. It's true. A broken leg should make the twerp think again. Justice has been dealt.

I can't believe that people here think they can oversee this type of thing and act against it. You can't, ever.

There's an easy way to sort out billies. When have they ever been stronger? Every dog has it's day. I'm arguing against wanton parental control. If that's a trend in the US, have it. Any guy has a whole arsenal of grief if he's forced to show it. I know that for a fact.

Damn I hope. This is so weak.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

He brought this upon himself the minute he decided to put his fist in someone else's face. I see no witch hunt here, no one is trying to do anything, other than cheer on someone who defended themself against a violent attack. This is not my revenge, I got my revenge years ago, much in the same way Casey did, except I beat the kid into the hospital. He showed way more restraint that I did that is for sure. Like I said, him and his buddies thought it would be great fun to beat up someone minding his own business, film it, and more than likely post it to the internet. That is why most people film fights. Their little plan backfired, and I guess his buddy wasn't as much of a buddy as he thought he was, he posted the backfire for the whole world to see.

NO

I'm talking about a show called "today Tonight" that will use popular sentiment to destroy the hopes and dreams of the bully.

I've no problem with the content in the video, but I see it as as an end. It's funny that you and others want to garner a target for scorn, but I enjoyed seeing him get what he deserved, I just have reservations with crappy media using him for ratings, knowing that there are long term affects AND we're talking about kids - a bully, sure, but a youth that should not have this go against for the rest of his future. this will be a nasty blip he won't live down. Hate him if you like, but let him make his OWN mistakes in his future UNFETTERED... we all did, you know.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

G'day B.M., I see what you mean vague laws are bad, ie. the drug driving laws here, it is up to the discretion of the police officer to decide if he thinks a driver is "adversly" affected by legal presciption drugs. I could be reletively unaffected by my pain medication but if the officer decide's he don't like me he can send me for a blood test and if "any" drugs on the list are in my system I go to court, it dosen't have to be an illeagal drug. It's any drug on the list if the officer decide's I am adversly affected. Basically it is another tool to they can use to harass people they don't like.

If I seen a policeman beating sombody for no reason or using unecessary force or committing a crime and I had a camera. I would copy the photo or video and send one copy to A Current Affair or similar. They can get consent and air it, if they don't I would then send a copy to the crime and misconduct commission, with a wittness. Then if nothing happens. I would likely take it to a lawer or justice of the peace for wittnessing, then Anonomously start giving copies to every media outlet I could afford to send it to. No need to send it to youtube.

However in certain circumstances it might be worth taking the risk of prosecution and publishing it, after all the person getting beaten might be me next time if nothing is done, doing nothing is not an option for me.

I can see your point but trying to influence the legislation process won't work anyway. Not unless we all stand up and speak at once.

I'm still not sure who would be the one being degraded or humiliated. The policeman or the one being needlessly beaten. I guess it would be the policeman. If he considered he was doing his job how could he claim to be humiliated or degraded by images of him doing his job. For me to recognise him as a policeman he would need to be in uniform or identifyable as a policeman. A policeman committing a crime has no pride to damage so it would be difficult to claim he was humiliated.

There is only one person who can determin if they are humiliated or degraded by something, that is the person themselves, if the person who got beaten felt degraded, for this to be known to the police to enforce the legislation the person who was beaten by the policeman would have to complain to the police to get anything done.

I agree less laws are better, however this type of behavior needs to be delt with and without mob rule or lynch mobs the police and the courts will need to do it but they cannot act without legislation to enable charges.

If they enact this legislation will it stop the media filming people in degrading situations ? No I don't think so they will just black out any identifying feature's or such, run the story and provide the unaltered images to the relevent authorities. Which is what we should do if all else fails to produce justice.

Sometime's for the greater good sacrifices must be made.

I didn't mean to suggest you were against doing something about schoolyard bully assaults and subsequent posting of images of it. Just that sometimes looking at it from the victims point of view is usefull.

I do agree with you there are way too many vague laws already it should be worked out better. But there should be no tolerance and harsh penalties for kids that do these things or adults for that matter. Maybe if it is children involved some concessions should be given if the bully gets schooled by the victim then appologises in public thereby humiliating their own self as part of the learning experience.

I am quite liberal in my views on most things but I really detest this fad of kids beating other kids for video upload opporunities.

It is easy to easy to make assumptions in an online forum, I should be more thoughtfull in my posts. You are obviously an intellegent person with with a good sense of what is right and what is wrong. And I must say that anything I say is only my opinion I don't profess to know a lot about law because I just do what I feel is right in a given situation for me.

I just hope something effective can be done before more kids are damaged mentally or phisically. It is not always an option for some kids to do what Casey did, and it was very dangerous the bully could have been killed if his head got cracked open. The bully himself was likely bullied by the punks behind the camera. It needs to be investigated by the police and charges laid for assault more than anything, is there any reason the exsiting defamation laws could not be used to punish the publishing thing if it could it would seem the authorities have just been using the "there is no laws to punish them" line as an excuse to do nothing. For some reason. Lazy maybe.

Rgrds

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I got my revenge years ago, much in the same way Casey did, except I beat the kid into the hospital. ... Their little plan backfired, and I guess his buddy wasn't as much of a buddy as he thought he was, he posted the backfire for the whole world to see.
\

Okay, that's just crap. I was never bullied. I had my dad and my brother or that, then I realised that no one could could outfight me, so I engaged in boxing, then martial arts, because it occurred to me I was so far ahead of my pears.

Want to know what befalls the heroics of a bully. I can give you my list. In the end I see a scholastic soft touch. Damn these guys are young. This is 99% of what I expected. Don't get mad. Leave these kids alone you ethnocentric clutz.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join