It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Common you guys, calling me a bully is just not fair. We're all the weirdo's here, I'm just not the type to be abusive to others. I get that almost every single one of you has a story to tell about being bullied as a kid, but I think you're letting that cloud your judgement. You guys seem to be vicariously seeing Casey lay a beat down on your tormentors. Isn't that kind of, messed up? Why can't you guys let go of your past and see this for what it is? Maybe I don't understand because I wasn't bullied very badly, I had smart ways of dealing with those issues, and I was never violent to anyone growing up. Drunken boxing with friends in my later years doesn't count.

So no, you've never been in this sort of situation. Well, that's very fortunate for you. However, there are evidently plenty of us who HAVE been in that situation, who are telling you, based on experience, that you are wrong. That you disagree is irrelevant to the fact of the matter. The best way to end a situation like this is direct and overwhelming application of force.

I congratulate Casey because he did the right thing the right way. He dropped his assailant, stood by to see if the assailant wanted to keep going, and did not engage his assailant's friend. There is nothing wrong in this picture.

Okay hypothetical scenerio where I get ganged up on by people who CAN kick my ass; I'd run if I could, but if not the only logical resort is to locate a weapon and strike first, then get away ASAP.

In a situation where the threat is unable to physically harm me in a manner which threatens my safety at all, like with Casey here, deny the threat by simply leaving the situation.

There's your problem. You assume that Casey is incapable of being injured by the other kid. Why, because Casey is physically larger? That's horse crap. All assault carries the very real risk of personal injury, and should be treated as such.

I'm 24, no kids and hopefully none for a while, but if I was responsible for Casey I'd be very disappointed in my son. If he pushed the kid aside and said "your little #er, you ain't #, I will crush you" and then walked on his merry way, I'd be proud. A measured response without any concern for his ego would make me very proud and know that I did a good job raising the boy.

Well, trouble is then, your child would have just ESCALATED the situation. Not only that, but his shove would have been the first blow in the fight. As we keep telling you. we've been there ,and you haven't. Experience trumps guesswork.

It's easy to root for the kid who kicks ass, but it's the kid who keeps his witts about him and uses words and intimidation instead of force that deserves to be praised.

Except this is rarely possible, and certainly not when your assailant has the backing of his buddies.

Group of guys come at me, one has a knife and I do happen to be carrying a small cencealed semi-auto.. I don't draw and start shooting right away. Draw and tell them they are about to be shot, giving them a chance to save their lives. It's not my job to "clean up the streets".

That you think you'll get the opportunity to play Clint Eastwood tells me you've never been in a situation where your gun would be needed anyway.

So you just have no idea what you're talking about, all-around.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hey man I know exactly what you mean, I've never had the # kicked out of me, but around where I grew up, that's how the Somali and Arab gangs used to operate. They would never fight 1 on 1, but they would try and catch you with your guard down and jump you in a group of like 8 of them. That's a serious threat, but these kid's don't seem that way to me. The tall one just walked over and stood there. Who cares what hurtful comments he may or may not have slung, his boddy got rocked and he didn't do #. I'm not seeing a pack of wolves here at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

The reason they didn't do anything was because he displayed brute force, and it shocked the hell out of them. That is why it ended there. The tall kid looked like he was gonna go try to get at him with his back turned till that girl got in his way, and shoved him back. That gave him enough time to get into a classroom. The way they were barking in the backround, I am pretty sure that was a little pack of punks. The way he had the camera rolling before it started tells me this was premeditated assault.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I don't know how to pick apart your post, but;

-Casey took a shot to the face and laughed it off. Little guy had an "oh #" moment. I think they both knew it was over by that point. I just find it rediculous to argue that Casey could have been physically injured. Getting hit by a little guy is pretty embarrassing, but it doesn't mean your in any real danger, necessarily.

-I didn't say shove, and I meant after he got hit in the face to do so, so not 1st hit, Push aside is what I said.

-His buddies didn't do anything...

-You're absolutely correct, thank God.

-I told you I was confused.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I just find it rediculous to argue that Casey could have been physically injured. Getting hit by a little guy is pretty embarrassing, but it doesn't mean your in any real danger, necessarily.

again you are supporting bullies, why? Casey could have suffered a broken nose, he could have been blinded with a finger in a eye - but you just want him to accept anything the bully dishes out.... why?

His buddies didn't do anything

because they were stopped, also they saw what happed to the little # that Casey dropped and Casey left...
edit on 17/3/11 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You may be right, I'm not here to defend a bunch of kids I don't know.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

But he took the hit and laughed it off man, I saw it.

Maybe the little guy got set up? How can we pretend to know what happened there?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Laughed it off...

You're really stretching to paint Snotrat as the victim here, and Casey as the monster.

You straight-up have no idea what you're talking about. You are wrong, on pretty much every count (though I agree on one point, having a laugh at kids getting hurt is pretty low) and now you're really just struggling to even stay in this discussion.

Might I suggest just sitting it out? You're not winning anyone over, and your posts are just making you look worse.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by dereks

But he took the hit and laughed it off man, I saw it.

Maybe the little guy got set up? How can we pretend to know what happened there?

Does it matter that Casey can take the hit and laugh it off? The concern here is that the bullies will continue this behavior of aggression and torment for the FUN of it. Thats the sick part, the bullies are having fun at the expense of Caseys indignity and grief.

Anyone who tries to torment me for their entertainment will get a worse fate than Caseys aggressor. You want to torment me for your amusement? You'd better prepare for the ungodly response.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

That might be good advice, at least we can agree here;

"though I agree on one point, having a laugh at kids getting hurt is pretty low"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
ok, i'm done reading here. Anyone with half a brain knows violence is never right or good, but; sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyone who has spent anytime in school also knows if you don't nip it in the bud, there's a very good chance you will continue to be bullied. I just hope for the children of the people here who suggested cassey just walk away, you have a normal spouse that will teach your child to protect themselves, and not be subjected to a life of being bullied

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Remember colombine massacre? That almost happened years earlier in NY, I was almost a killer. Up until 3rd grade I had been pretty popular, I was looked up to and liked by most. The summer before 3rd grade, I moved, to a really crappy new town. Most people in my year were stuck up little rich pricks. I was made feel like dirt every day because I didn't have new brand name clothes, because I had to brown bag it instead of buy lunch, because I couldn't afford a hair trim every two weeks.... All kinds of things I was made fun of, that had to do with moneys. I remember one year one prick said my parents must not love me, because they couldn't afford to buy me a birthday gift and host a birthday party. If it wasn't for my neighbor/girlfriend cheering me up everyday after school I probably woulda offed myself.

Thing is, I COULD fight, and very well. I was just worried about getting in trouble for it. Feeling worthless is nothing any kid should have to go through. Well in 8th grade, she moved away. I was depressed just because she moved a few states away, and would never see her again. I lost my anchor, no one to make me feel worth something again after school. A few months into the school year I had had it, I decided either I would kill myself, or I was going to take my gun to school and kill as many of those big mouths as I could. Luckily, I decided to take a more middle road. I decided the first person to open their mouth in the hallway, where there was no teacher to break it up too quick, was going to get put in the hospital. I think it was third period, on a hallpass to the nurse to get some asprin is when it happened. Some preppy punk called me a scrub, and I beat the hell out of that kid. I unleashed years of pain on that kids face, and I didn't stop punching his face until a teacher came and peeled me off him. That was the last time people made fun of me in that school.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This vid of Casey reminded me of this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Star for that. Sometimes you have to fight for what you hold dear.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

We will see what happens to Casey after all of this publicity. If I were him I'd be wishing I had just walked away right now.

What on earth did he learn from this besides being a brute will make you famous? I'm thinking it's illogical to assume his life has gotten any easier after this.

Maybe he learned that if you stand up for yourself
people won't walk all over you.
Maybe he learned self respect and courage.
Maybe he learned he doesn't deserve to be the object of abuse.
So....maybe he learned A LOT.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Garbage. Just because he laughed doesn't mean it didn't hurt, and the little one kept on with the crap while his friends talked trash.

Not to mention the little one could have easily broke Casey's nose. It's not hard at ALL. I also doubt he would have stopped. They wanted to make him cry on camera it's pretty obvious. They wanted to humiliate him.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I just heard a bulling expert on the radio (3MTR) say that the bullying of Casey had been going on for the past 3 years,the poor kid had taken a lot of crap off these wimps in the past,A sore leg for 3 years of violence and harassment,seems like a fair deal to me,Do you know why they were filming it ? I'd say they filmed it hoping to get him to cry,so they could send the vid to every kid in the school,so they could humiliate him even more,that's what spineless pricks do these days,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Speaking as someone who knows what it is like to suddenly snap under that kind of abuse, Im not suprised to hear you say that in the least.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The kid doing the punching got less than he deserved. He should be expelled from the school for ever and face criminal charges. The kids that did the filming should also be expelled from school and face charges of conspiricy to assault. Compensation should also be paid to Casey. Casey should be given a bravery commendation and an anti-bullying commendation in front of the whole school. All the kids present that were associated with the puching kid should be given the oppotunity to appologise to Casey and the school for their behavior in front of the whole school. For their own benifit. Maybe then they will realise that animalistic predatory behavior is not a civilised thing to do and requires punishment and repentance.

My own son while not a bullying victim, is a sensitive young man, and during his schooling years was involved in several fights where he inflicted considerable damage to several bullies who were picking on younger and weaker kids, my son was suspended every time and his schooling suffered. But as i said to him fighting against bullies to protect a younger weaker fellow human who has done nothing wrong is an honorable thing to do, and he got no grief from me about it. Sometimes for the greater good some people must make sacrifices. I told him he will always face two choices in life the right choice and the wrong choice, this choice is governed by different parameters for all people depending on their circumstances and abilities.

In my opinion the choices are, will I be an uncivilised animal or a civilised human being. Kids should be encouraged to fight injustice tyranny and should be secure in the knowledge that they can defend themseves and others from injustice and tyranny.

Anyone who would deny a kid the right to defend him/herself is a part of the problem as are those who do not act to stop it.

I am very proud of Casey even though I don't know him. Now there is one retarded, whimpy, raty, dirty, dishonest, contemptuous not to mention stupid little puny bully that will think twice before punching another kid.
And if this little rat bully should err and do it again I hope he either meets another Casey or Casey is there to actually do him some real learning next time.

Moral of the story keep your hands to yourself, you never know if the next person you hit will completely wreck you, phisically and/or mentally.

Cheers
Toecutter.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well done Cassie. Also, proves the superiority of grappling vs striking. LOLOL

edit on 17-3-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: nvm

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join