It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO conference cancelled due to flooding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
from the constant rain in the arid center of Australia.
The conference was to be held in Wycliffe Well ,a small community about 140 k's South of Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory.Unofficially known as Australia's UFO capital ,sort of like Roswell but on a much smaller scale.
I was going to go for a ride to this ,it's only about 1500k's from me,but will probably just go and camp near Boulia and try and get chased by the Min Min lights.
I hope the Aliens got the memo that the conference is off

From the news report
Offsite content www.abc.net.au...
Wet weather across the Barkly region of the Northern Territory has caused the cancellation of Australia's first UFO conference, which was to have started on Friday.

Wycliffe Well, 130 kilometres south of Tennant Creek, is completely underwater with the campground and cabins flooded.

Conference organiser Arc Vanderzalm says he has been calling participants all day to tell them not to come.

"Right now 95 per cent of this property is under water," he said.

"Twenty-four rooms are under water. All of our camping ground's under water.

"Our 42-year-old galah has drowned today.

"It's just a terrible time here. We're not having a lot of fun."

However he says some participants have already arrived, along with one of the keynote speakers and the band.

"They'll still play and the speaker that's here will still speak because no doubt the odd person will not hear that it's not on and will turn up," he said

www.wycliffe.com.au...
www.australianexplorer.com...
www.wycliffe.com.au...
edit on 15-3-2011 by 12voltz because: of the big wet

edit on 15-3-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have a strange feeling this thread will end up like the conference with no one turning up,To much going on in the world ,but i feel like i am overdosing on disaster threads ,so onwards and upwards
edit on 15-3-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

new topics

join