It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Pacific Coast is not currently at risk from radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
olympiafoodcoop.blogspot.com...

Cliff Mass is a climatologist at UW who has written the book on PNW weather (literally) and his blog - for those of us nerdy enough to follow such things - is the best place to get detailed, yet utterly readable, information about our weather. Cliff says we're not in any danger of radiation problems right now, based on the weather (among other things). You can read his post on why this is the case here

The "here" is a link, to here

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45d804c9f85b.png[/atsimg]

But even it they were heading straight for us..there is little to fear. From virtually a point source, the radiation would mix through huge volumes of the atmosphere due to horizontal and vertical mixing. Since it would take days to reach us, there would be time for larger particles to settle out and precipitation would wash some out as well. Even for Chernobyl, where the core exploded while the reactor was powered up and where there was no containment, serious radiation only extended roughly 1000-1500 km away.

After some snooping,
With how worried i was from few days ago (see here abovetopsecret.com...)
I've found some relief!

At the current moment there is no serious problems!
It's deft a load off the mind to think about, for me, and other Westcoasters/rest of people thinking they will get affected.

This is Chernobyl
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b66af80659a4.jpg[/atsimg]
Although for me, it seems like this damaged a large area, from what i gather..
People outside the direct area of Chernobyl were not affected much. So the distance from Japan across the Pacific might not seem scary (from what this information shows)

I might have to give up one of my favorite foods though... Salmon

I hope the water doesn't mess up the fish. I already have to worry about mercury Doh!

Hope this helps anyone else out, who was worried as i was.

LOL.
Just forgot.
Now instead of thinking about the Radiation, let's worry about the California quake! :|

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Thanks for posting...
Though, I'm a bit conflicted on fully believing the data, good views.

Also, with Salmon, the EPA so far(as found in a news article here), will not be testing west coast/Alaska fish. So, we may never know, unless an independent person/agency tests for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I really don't know what to believe at this point. Not that there's anything I can really do about it anyways if I was at risk.

new topics

join