It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live geiger counter readings in Chiba, Tokyo, and elsewhere in Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I though this would be an important thread to watch. Maybe everyone can occasionally post the reading they see, so we can if levels are rising over time.

Here are the links-

Tokyo Geiger Counter- Link

Tokyo Geiger Counter (mirror)- Link

Tokyo Geiger Counter (mirror 2 updated every 10 min.)- Link

Chiba Geiger Counter- Link

Chiba counter is currently reading 1.18 as of 3:17 Japan time

Main Tokyo counter is currently offline
edit on 15-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
In the 20 seconds I was watching the second link it went from 1.51 to 1.54.

Would you mind explaining a bit for me about what it is this is showing?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
In the 20 seconds I was watching the second link it went from 1.51 to 1.54.

Would you mind explaining a bit for me about what it is this is showing?

It is showing live radiation readings in microseverts.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

If you are on the Coastal Pacific, feel free to post a comment of your area, to help create some community feel here for those of us not to stoked on the uncertainty of the nuclear situation.

CA over here- I can see the beach from my house! I WALK TO MY HOUSE WHEN I WANT TO GO SURF

THAT IS NOT [SNIP] COOL ANYMORE!
edit on 15-3-2011 by MHMMM because: .

edit on 15-3-2011 by MHMMM because: .

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
No broadcast on the first link

Just now saw the second link go to 1.70.

Great idea!

link   
That thing going up quickly, 1.69 when I looked just before posting.

Wow hope they are able to mitigate as much as possible.

link   
Geez, it just went up to 1.69. I don't know what that means, but it can't be good.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

At what point does it get dangerous, cause it just jumped to 1.70

Someone just posted in the chat on the side that normal world wide average is 0.274...
edit on 15-3-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
it's been offline for the last 2 or 3 minutes... anyone else having that problem?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
1.70 sudden spike in Chiba.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What exactly does 1.70 mean? And what exactly is considered to be bad? We need someone on this thread who knows wth this thing means.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MHMMM
it's been offline for the last 2 or 3 minutes... anyone else having that problem?

They are having rolling blackouts in Tokyo every day. Should be back up in a while.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MHMMM

I'm less than a mile from the Huntington Beach pier

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Only problem is if it's indoors, it wont be accurate

The tokyo one is down.

If the microsievert ones starts going up, then we know there is a serious issue.

Also for it to reach dangerous levels it'd need to be like 1,000,000 microsieverts, but less is still bad.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
the Chiba one is the only one I've been able to access but it's been going up and down, it started at 1.54 for me then went to 1.57 now it's back down to 1.55 oh it just went down again to 1.54 all within a few minutes. I could understand it going up but why would it also go down?
edit on 15-3-2011 by kittendaydreamer because: missed the decimals eep had to fix it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
it has dropped down to 1.49

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
it is going down 1.45

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
scroll down too exposure level in wiki and sv level indicator table of phase and symptomsen.wikipedia.org...

e.nikkei.com...

Radiation Levels Shoot Up In Tokyo, Vicinity TOKYO (Kyodo)--Radiation levels shot up in Tokyo and its vicinity Tuesday following the nuclear accident at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in northeastern Japan that was triggered by last week's massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami, local governments said. But those levels did not pose immediate danger to human health, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology said. In Tokyo, small amounts of radioactive substances, such as iodine and cesium, were detected, the metropolitan government said. In Ibaraki Prefecture, adjacent to Fukushima Prefecture where the troubled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant is located, the amount of radiation at one stage reached 5 microsievert per hour, 100 times higher than usual, the Ibaraki prefectural government said. In Kanagawa Prefecture, the radiation level shot up 10 times higher than usual. In Saitama, capital of Saitama Prefecture, the amount of radiation reached 1,222 nanosievert per hour -- a figure about 40 times higher than usual. In Ichihara, Chiba Prefecture, the amount of radiation showed a two- to four-fold increase, the Chiba prefectural government said. The amount of radiation rose to 1.318 micro sievert per hour -- a figure 33 times bigger than usual -- in Tochigi Prefecture's capital of Utsunomiya, the Tochigi prefectural government said. The science ministry said it had asked prefectural governments to observe radiation levels as frequently as possible. Meanwhile, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said the radiation level reached 400 millisievert per hour near the No. 3 reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 plant Tuesday morning. The amount is 400 times higher than the allowable limit for citizens in a year. On Monday, the radiation level near the No. 3 reactor peaked at 3,130 microsievert or about 3 millisievert per hour. Steam containing radioactive substances was released from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant as part of efforts to reduce pressures within the reactor container there. Northerly winds brought radioactive substances from Fukushima Prefecture to Tokyo and its vicinity, nuclear experts said.

Anything above 3.0-6.0 Sv appears deadly,anything higher ,well?
edit on 15-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
up 1.54

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Thanks for that link............1.7 was not good..........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join